HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kostitsyn worth ??

Old
05-04-2011, 10:31 AM
jonnybullit4390

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn worth ??

I don't understand why people think Ak doesn't worth anything if you look at his stats you will see that he is not that horrible comparing to other guys of his age and statut

Kostitsyn have average 0.57 PPG 26 years old RFA end of this season
Penner have average 0.57 PPG 28 years old contract 4.25m 1year left got traded for 1round(19) + teubert(1round 13 overall 2008) + conditional 2round
Booth have average 0.54 PPG 26 years old 4.25m 4years left ( people say he his worth 2 first round ou 1 first round + A prospect

So my question his why does Kostitsyn doesn't worth like those 2 player ?? His it because he is Russian and people doesnt like Russian ... He as no contract had te end of te season so it a + cause everybody know that he will sign around the same amount which is 3.25m so he will cost less then those 2 other player but produce equal or + then them !! Plus he his the only one that as a positive plus and minus average !

If there is something in life that doesn't lye it number and number just prove that Kostitsyn have the best stats of the 3 !!

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
otto bond

He plays for the Habs so right there he is no good to most fan.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:42 AM
veedubn1

Penner and Booth suck...

Kings fans regret trading for Penner and Booth hasn't been able to do anything on the Panthers.

AK is physical player but needs to have very solid linemates to put up 50 points.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Teubert straight-up?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:12 AM
jonnybullit4390

I would take teubert + ( cogliano or Lander )

Old
05-04-2011, 11:16 AM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Teubert straight-up?
Plante and a 3rd Tubes is too valuable

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
He plays for the Habs so right there he is no good to most fan.
It isnt his lack of skill
It is his inconsitantcy that drives me mental

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:58 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
It isnt his lack of skill
It is his inconsitantcy that drives me mental
U probably watched all 82 hab games and all 7 PO(I know I did) game so yea, you will find flaws in a player, the ones specially that is expected to score a min of 30. I too got very frustrate with him but I came back down to earth and realized that he is a 20-25 goal guy with 40-50 point plateau and not 30-50 goal and 70-100pts guy we all wish he would become.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:01 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
U probably watched all 82 hab games and all 7 PO(I know I did) game so yea, you will find flaws in a player, the ones specially that is expected to score a min of 30. I too got very frustrate with him but I came back down to earth and realized that he is a 20-25 goal guy with 40-50 point plateau and not 30-50 goal and 70-100pts guy we all wish he would become.
I agree
My expectations have come down with him.
I think he needs to play all the time with cammy and pleks
I felt he had the best chance to play well when with those two.
I felt he was doing well with them until cammy got hurt and missed a bunch of time

then he got tossed around like a bag of garbage to what ever line and that hurt him

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:17 PM
jonnybullit4390

I'm pretty sure that people say the same thing about penner ( is inconsistency) penner has show the same problem that Kostitsyn as!! They r the same but penner got 2 first round + conditional second I meen why don't Kostitsyn get close to the same deal since they have same stats and same problem ??

Old
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
I'm pretty sure that people say the same thing about penner ( is inconsistency) penner has show the same problem that Kostitsyn as!! They r the same but penner got 2 first round + conditional second I meen why don't Kostitsyn get close to the same deal since they have same stats and same problem ??
Becuz his name is Kostitsyn and not Penner

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:59 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
I don't understand why people think Ak doesn't worth anything if you look at his stats you will see that he is not that horrible comparing to other guys of his age and statut

Kostitsyn have average 0.57 PPG 26 years old RFA end of this season
Penner have average 0.57 PPG 28 years old contract 4.25m 1year left got traded for 1round(19) + teubert(1round 13 overall 2008) + conditional 2round
Booth have average 0.54 PPG 26 years old 4.25m 4years left ( people say he his worth 2 first round ou 1 first round + A prospect

So my question his why does Kostitsyn doesn't worth like those 2 player ?? His it because he is Russian and people doesnt like Russian ... He as no contract had te end of te season so it a + cause everybody know that he will sign around the same amount which is 3.25m so he will cost less then those 2 other player but produce equal or + then them !! Plus he his the only one that as a positive plus and minus average !

If there is something in life that doesn't lye it number and number just prove that Kostitsyn have the best stats of the 3 !!
Penner had some value before LA but a lot of that is diminissed by his poor performance. Still he's a big body and is coveted for that reason alone.

Booth is a poor comparison -- or maybe an apt one -- becuase he doesn't have much value right now with his injury concerns, lack of productions and large/long contract.

AK has some value but is overpaid. He should be making 2.75, not what he is.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Penner had some value before LA but a lot of that is diminissed by his poor performance. Still he's a big body and is coveted for that reason alone.

Booth is a poor comparison -- or maybe an apt one -- becuase he doesn't have much value right now with his injury concerns, lack of productions and large/long contract.

AK has some value but is overpaid. He should be making 2.75, not what he is.
Well, he will probably be making somewhere close to that next year - he's an RFA now.

Old
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Well, he will probably be making somewhere close to that next year - he's an RFA now.
Then he will be a UFA. If he isn't qualified at a 10% raise he becomes a UFA and has 0 trade value.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Then he will be a UFA. If he isn't qualified at a 10% raise he becomes a UFA and has 0 trade value.
Not true at all !

If you are making under 1m$ you have to offer a qualifying offer of 10% more and even then he could still sign a contract lower than his previous deal.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:59 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Not true at all !

If you are making under 1m$ you have to offer a qualifying offer of 10% more and even then he could still sign a contract lower than his previous deal.
Thanks for this - there are some real misconceptions out there about the CBA, which is only natural as it's more complicated than quantum physics at times.