HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Franson + Lindback to Colorado

Old
05-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Franson + Lindback to Colorado

With the likes of Ellis, Josi, and others up-and-coming for the Preds, Franson is expendable. Same can be said of Lindback with Dekanich/Lindback. What would Colorado fans be willing to give up for this package? I would love to see Fleischmann or Mueller in the Mustard and Blue. Duchene would be nice too

Creds to Soundgarden for the idea.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

I actually posted something somewhat similar on the Avs board, didn't get very much in terms of peoples feelings towards it there though.

My idea was something like:

Stastny

for

Wilson, Franson, and Lindback

Obviously it is just rough, and needs to be worked out more to better fit both teams. However I think it could be a decent start for a trade between the teams. I'll copy the reasoning behind it over in a little bit too, just so it is all here.

Edit: I had it as Franson/Josi in my original post on the Avs board. I think Franson would likely be a better fit for the Avs, as he has already played in the NHL. However I feel that Josi could easily end up as the better of the two, that could just be me though

Quote:
Lindback looks to be a good goalie going forward, great size, I thought he looked good in the times I saw him this year.

Franson or Josi both have decent size, with Franson obviously being quite a bit larger. However at 6'1'' 198lbs (from what I've seen listed at least), is fairly good size for Josi as well. Both can move the puck well, would fit in with our style, but Franson in particular would need more work in his own end. I think both could become solid two-way guys.

I still feel that Wilson has top line potential, he plays both LW and Center. If O'Reilly or Hishon, RNH maybe? can fill the 2nd line center role, Wilson could help the depth on the wings, which would be nice to have. He has some size, hockey sense, high end talent and from all I've heard quite the work ethic too. However, despite Nashvilles trouble scoring, he has been scratched all playoffs this year. I've heard that it is because he doesn't play a Trotz style D, that could be wrong though.

Stastny would give the Preds a legit top line player that can play just as well in any area of the ice. I think Stastny would fit perfectly into their system, and provide them with someone that could play in any situation for the team. I feel he would become a better player by playing in a system where he actually knows what is happening instead of this free flowing, he always seems to be trying to cover for his team mates because there really doesn't appear to be a plan in place for if/when they turn it over instead of focusing on his game.

Anyways, it was just something I had been thinking about. Would likely need some fine tuning for it to be worked into something that would appeal to both fan bases, but I thought it could be an interesting starting point for discussions.

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I don't really see Lindbäck as the answer to Avs goaltending problem. We need a #1. I don't really think Nashville goaltending numbers translate all that well to a team like Avs.

Fleischmann is a pending UFA, so Avs can't trade him.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
jonnybullit4390

I would say that muller would be good since he didn't play for the whole year !! Who knows it what shape he will come back

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody275 View Post
I actually posted something somewhat similar on the Avs board, didn't get very much in terms of peoples feelings towards it there though.

Stastny

for

Obviously it is just rough, and needs to be worked out more to better fit both teams. However I think it could be a decent start for a trade between the teams. I'll copy the reasoning behind it over in a little bit too, just so it is all here.
The reason this doesn't make sense for Nashville is cap. ELC+ 800K + ELC for 6.6 mil. Unless Dumont would waive his NTC, I don't see this one happening, not to mention it would put you well below the cap floor. Value isn't terrible though. I would love to do it for Duchene instead, but i doubt you'd be okay with that.

Old
05-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:

Stastny

for

I really like this, maybe add a pick from Colorado's side but it seems fair. Wilson has the potential to break out ala JVR, Franson can be a great PPQB paired up with Johnson, and Lindback has looked good in his first NA season. If Colorado is stockpiling talented youth this looks like a pretty good deal, and of course Nashville would love a 70-80pt. man to go along with Rinne, Suter, and Weber.

But as was previously stated the cap screws things up a little, but the value seems to be there.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

How close is Lindback to the NHL? We need a goalie who is ready now. I don't know much about him.

And could Josi be included?

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
How close is Lindback to the NHL? We need a goalie who is ready now. I don't know much about him.

Lindback played over 20 games for the Preds this season, I believe.

In the games that I did see him play, I was rather impressed. I think next season he could be a good tandem goalie, but I'm not sure if he is ready to be the go to guy for a team just yet. I'd have no problem if the Avs used him as part of a tandem with a veteran goaltender though.

I didn't see all of his games, maybe Preds fans could say whether or not my statement regarding him is correct. Is there the chance he could be a starting goalie next year? Is it fair to expect him to be able to be part of a goalie tandem that splits time? Or should a team like the Avs go into next season expecting him to be a back up while he continues to progress?

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
With the likes of Ellis, Josi, and others up-and-coming for the Preds, Franson is expendable. Same can be said of Lindback with Dekanich/Lindback. What would Colorado fans be willing to give up for this package? I would love to see Fleischmann or Mueller in the Mustard and Blue. Duchene would be nice too

Creds to Soundgarden for the idea.
I like Lindback, but I don't have much interest in Franson. I doubt the Preds have much interest in Flash or Mueller, what each of their health issues, not to mention that Flash is a UFA.

I do like Wilson though, and I hear you guys want some more defensive responsibility out of him.

What about Lindback + Wilson for Hishon + Jones or Mueller (if you're not scared off by the concussions)?

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post

Lindback backed up Rinne most of the year, and played pretty well when Rinne was injured during the beginning of the season. Had back to back shutouts during a stretch when he was starting, but looked rusty once Rinne returned.

Josi, according to some, is playing/has played great this season and could be considered better then Blum, if he gets a spot on next year's squad I don't think we'd trade him. Franson is only expendable because of Josi/Blum.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:

Stastny

for

Edit: I had it as Franson/Josi in my original post on the Avs board. I think Franson would likely be a better fit for the Avs, as he has already played in the NHL. However I feel that Josi could easily end up as the better of the two, that could just be me though
I don't think I like trading Stastny -- a near PPG 25yo #1C -- for a pile of decent younguns. Nor do I think Nashville wants all that salary added.

If I'm trading Stastny and creating that hole in our top 6, I want something a quite bit more proven at an area of need coming back. I'm asking for Suter. Yes, yes, I know this will never happen -- both teams like their own player too much. I'm just saying, Stastny isn't being traded for a pile of maybes like this.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

^^I agree. Good pieces, but too much risk to trade a guy like Stastny for.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

David Jones is an interesting piece for sure. What would it take?

Old
05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
There is no point in the Avalanche trading Jones.

If were to trade Stastny - assuming the cap magically worked for both teams - then I would prefer Blum over Franson.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:25 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
I dunno I think the Avs hang on to Jones, especially now that Stewart is gone. He is pretty much the only big guy with size and grit in the top six. He was finally able to stay healthy and in his first full season (coming off ACL surgery I might add) he popped in 27 goals. On a team that was woeful for half the year.

I really have no idea of his value so I won't even attempt a proposal.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
There is no point in the Avalanche trading Jones.

If were to trade Stastny - assuming the cap magically worked for both teams - then I would prefer Blum over Franson.
Blum > Franson in every facet of the game. I'm not saying I wouldn't trade him for Stastny, just saying he is worth a ton more. The only was Paul S is coming to nashville is if Dumont is willing to waive his NTC. That would send 4.5 mil your way, keeping you above the floor and keeping us under our internal cap. Otherwise, I doubt this happens. We can't trade 3 ELCs for 6.6 Million

Old
05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Blum > Franson in every facet of the game. I'm not saying I wouldn't trade him for Stastny, just saying he is worth a ton more. The only was Paul S is coming to nashville is if Dumont is willing to waive his NTC. That would send 4.5 mil your way, keeping you above the floor and keeping us under our internal cap. Otherwise, I doubt this happens. We can't trade 3 ELCs for 6.6 Million
Right, there are clear cap and salary considerations in any deal involving Stastny, which makes the low probability of a Stastny being dealt to Nashville even lower. The point I was trying to make was that I would want Blum as the main piece, or one of the main pieces, in any deal involving Stastny.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote