HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jim Schoenfeld on NYR plans

Old
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
I think (hope?) that when he's referring to trading all of that for a guy on the last year of his contract, he means the last year of his ELC/RFA contract.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Patrick Sharp is coming to the NYR I told ya guys
I give up any prospect for him, including Kreider. Him playing with Richards and Gabby and he gets at least 30 goals 35 assists.

Sharp is one of my favorite hockey players. He does everything right. Kills penalties, good for 25+ goals, great locker room guy, legitimate top line LW.

Too bad Chicago knows all of this too. He's not going anywhere.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Stepan OR Arty for an elite winger with only one year left on the contract would irk me.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:42 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Stepan OR Arty for an elite winger with only one year left on the contract would irk me.
Stepan would make me furious. Arty it depends on who we get. I know I'm in the minority but I'm not in love with him. I think he's going to be a very good #3 Center at best. Just my opinion and I usually get flamed for it but I really don't think he's special. Good two-way game, inconsistent offensively.

Also when I say depends who I'm hoping someone who can give us more than one year. Trading Arty for a 35-year old would be dumb.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:42 PM
azrok22

Quote:
If it's one year left on the acquired player's contract but he is still a RFA, I'd definitely be interested (preferably with Arty instead of Stepan) for a truly elite young RFA.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I give up any prospect for him, including Kreider. Him playing with Richards and Gabby and he gets at least 30 goals 35 assists.

Sharp is one of my favorite hockey players. He does everything right. Kills penalties, good for 25+ goals, great locker room guy, legitimate top line LW.

Too bad Chicago knows all of this too. He's not going anywhere.
Everything you say is correct, except the Kreider part. Kreider is untouchable. You don't give up Kreider for a "last year on contract" player, no matter how good Sharp is. Now, Anisimov and some picks and possibly a decent prospect for Sharp, now that is something i could get sticky with

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:47 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Everything you say is correct, except the Kreider part. Kreider is untouchable. You don't give up Kreider for a "last year on contract" player, no matter how good Sharp is. Now, Anisimov and some picks and possibly a decent prospect for Sharp, now that is something i could get sticky with
LOL No he's not.

If TB came to us with an offer for Stammer (who is on the last year of his ELC) and said Kreider for Stammer you would say no sorry Kreider is untouchable

05-04-2011, 06:48 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I wouldn't want to trade Kreider in a deal for Sharp, but for a player that would actually be considered as "elite", yeah, sure.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
LOL No he's not.

If TB came to us with an offer for Stammer (who is on the last year of his ELC) and said Kreider for Stammer you would say no sorry Kreider is untouchable
Unrealistic hypothetical scenario!

When you really like something, you're not likely to part with it for equal value in return. Just as unlikely is a 3rd party (in this case another team) offering you more than equal value for that something that you like. Therefore, it's pretty unlikely the Rangers trade Kreider.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Unrealistic hypothetical scenario!
I'm proving a point!

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I'm worried about our "core" affecting our ability to acquire this elite talent he's speaking of. If we invest too much money in guys who are role or depth players, we're going to have a tough time finding the room to add those elite players.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
vladmyir111

One thing is for sure, its been a while since we had the option of getting a legit player through our assets (without giving up the core) instead of UFA signing.

Hell its been a while since we've had a "core" lol.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
LOL No he's not.

Quote:
I'm proving a point!
Really, Rebecca? You are going to take my post literally... I shouldn't even be answering you. Obviously I'd trade him for an elite superstar, but anything other than that, like a 29 year old Patrick Sharp, i would not. Like i said, i don't even know why i'm responding to your posts.....

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Stepan would make me furious. Arty it depends on who we get. I know I'm in the minority but I'm not in love with him. I think he's going to be a very good #3 Center at best. Just my opinion and I usually get flamed for it but I really don't think he's special. Good two-way game, inconsistent offensively.

Also when I say depends who I'm hoping someone who can give us more than one year. Trading Arty for a 35-year old would be dumb.
Agreed about Anisimov.

I've seen more from Stepan in 1 year than I've seen from Anisimov in 2.

In some of the next season lineups, I don't understand why most have Stepan as the 3rd C and Anisimov 2nd.
He's not better than Stepan.

He's going to be decent but I don't think anything special.

I think fans overrate some prospects too much.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Agreed about Anisimov.

I've seen more from Stepan in 1 year than I've seen from Anisimov in 2.

In some of the next season lineups, I don't understand why most have Stepan as the 3rd C and Anisimov 2nd.
He's not better than Stepan.

He's going to be decent but I don't think anything special.

I think fans overrate some prospects too much.
He's better defensively and he also has chemistry with Dubinsky and Anismov, our other second liners.

Anisimov isn't a prospect. He's a legitimate NHL talent.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Really, Rebecca? You are going to take my post literally... I shouldn't even be answering you. Obviously I'd trade him for an elite superstar, but anything other than that, like a 29 year old Patrick Sharp, i would not. Like i said, i don't even know why i'm responding to your posts.....
If something this little has you mad then you sir have a lot to learn on HF.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:11 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
He's better defensively and he also has chemistry with Dubinsky and Anismov, our other second liners.

Anisimov isn't a prospect. He's a legitimate NHL talent.
This board can't find a middle ground with Anisimov. There are those that think we should trade him because we can, and there are those that are in love with his game. I, for one, love his game. He's our best defensive forward at 22, and he chipped in with 44 points in his sophomore year, and we should trade him? Why can't we keep him, and have excellent center depth? He's not a superstar, but he's not chopped liver, either.

I love Boyle, but with his increased value, it would be a good time to capitalize on it and trade him in a bigger deal.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:43 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

What about Backstrom? I figure its totally ridiculous, but I'm not a big fan of signing Richards so I was wondering if any of you guys think he might become available due to the Caps disappointing exit again this year and a bit of a let down for him personally in the playoffs. Please don't start questioning my intelligence level I'm just asking a question haha.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm worried about our "core" affecting our ability to acquire this elite talent he's speaking of. If we invest too much money in guys who are role or depth players, we're going to have a tough time finding the room to add those elite players.
I see a lot of guys here jotting down 4M salary's for Dubi+Cally, but I don't think either of them get over 3.5M(or much over that), unless they sign long-term deals (which I'll happily settle for). Some guys here were basically convinced Staal would get close to 5M, when in reality he got less than 4M.

Do you see Dubi getting Staal-$$$? I think Dubi gets about 3.675, Cally getting 3.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
This board can't find a middle ground with Anisimov. There are those that think we should trade him because we can, and there are those that are in love with his game.Superbus - "Butterfly"

I love him, but would trade him. Not because 'we can'. I think that 2nd line position belongs to Stepan. I think Boyle's a fine option at 3C. Torts's ice-time will be top-heavy. 1st+2nd line will get the lions share of TOI. Boyles checking line will likely be our 3rd line, imo. I'd move AA if the return was a top-line LW. (as long as the LW wasn't an upcoming UFA, or as old as a dinosaur)

Quote:
I, for one, love his game. He's our best defensive forward at 22, and he chipped in with 44 points in his sophomore year, and we should trade him? Why can't we keep him, and have excellent center depth? He's not a superstar, but he's not chopped liver, either.
The bulk of his production came when his line was flying. AA was stale down the stretch. We can evaluate the pro's and con's to AA's game, but in reality, if you can get a top-line player for AA+, you pull the trigger and you don't look back. Especially if you do intend on signing a guy like Richards, and have the funds necessary to complete that top-line without tearing up the core.

Quote:
I love Boyle, but with his increased value, it would be a good time to capitalize on it and trade him in a bigger deal.
Absolutely, but I think GM's would value AA a lot more than Boyle considering their age+talent.

In all honesty, w/o Richards, there's no chance in hell I want to see AA moved. If Stepan didn't absolutely blow away my expectations, we wouldn't even be thinking about AA. If Boyle didn't have the year he had, -- you get it... If we do sign Richards, I would absolutely shop AA.

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 05-04-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
What about Backstrom? I figure its totally ridiculous, but I'm not a big fan of signing Richards so I was wondering if any of you guys think he might become available due to the Caps disappointing exit again this year and a bit of a let down for him personally in the playoffs. Please don't start questioning my intelligence level I'm just asking a question haha.
Backstrom's not leaving WSH.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:57 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
What incentive does WAS get from trading Backstrom to the Rangers, seriously?

He is by far their best playmaker, and even though he struggled he showed he can be great.

Even if they did decide to trade him why would they trade him to the Rangers, we not only have nothing they want but they wouldn't trade them to a place where they'd have to see him a lot.
Yeah dude I get all that, but I've seen some crazy things happen and the Rangers do have valuable assets that WAS would want, namely good defensive prospects, but I do get they wouldn't want to trade him so close, that does make sense. Was also partly wondering if he may become available at all to anyone just because he seemed to play really bad and I know around here that if a player has a rough month or so people want them taken out behind the Garden and shot, but I guess thats been answered.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Yeah dude I get all that, but I've seen some crazy things happen and the Rangers do have valuable assets that WAS would want, namely good defensive prospects, but I do get they wouldn't want to trade him so close, that does make sense. Was also partly wondering if he may become available at all to anyone just because he seemed to play really bad and I know around here that if a player has a rough month or so people want them taken out behind the Garden and shot, but I guess thats been answered.
WSH doesn't trade Backstrom here unless Lundqvist(+?) is going the other way.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:03 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

I would also trade Anisimov for a first line player as well, I think nearly anyone would, but I don't like when people label him as "average" or a "#3 center". Production wise, he was a top-6 center in the NHL last season.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
WSH doesn't trade Backstrom here unless Lundqvist(+?) is going the other way.
Well I guess it wouldn't really be worth it then. Was just wondering.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:07 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

I highly doubt that GMGM would ever consider trading Backstrom, but maybe they would trade Green. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he'd be just what this team needs. A top puck mover, PP quarterback, and a big shot. He'd be a great fit with Staal - Green has never really had a defensive player of Staal's caliber to cover his mistakes before (and those mistakes aren't all too frequent, they're just really noticeable). He was left out to dry a ton of times against the Bolts, though, and I don't think that would happen with Staal.