HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3: Flyers @ Bruins - Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
05-04-2011, 11:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Anybody listen to the post game interview with Snider.. talk about a man in denial

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Anybody listen to the post game interview with Snider...man talk about a man in denial
Why is Snider even being interviewed before the end of the series?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:11 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
He has to score to make up for his bad defence. When he doesn't score, he isn't looking good. When he does, everyone worships him.
Wow...

Old
05-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

We're done, they've quit on themselves and the organization.

17 or 19 first period goals, whichever it is, I forget, is a disgrace. That along with the post all star collapse, the handling of the goalies and the memory that the Canes missed the playoffs the year after hoisting Lord Stanley makes me take a hard look at Lavy.

Boosh is done as well. Certainly his last game in the organization and perhaps the league.

Ridiculously ashamed and depressed. I'm done as well for a while.

Bernier, Schneider, Bobrovsky somebody...somebody

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:13 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Why is Snider even being interviewed before the end of the series?
Yeah it was odd....everybody is sullen..I really don't expect a win Fri although I hope for one but the whole vibe is pretty bad.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Anybody listen to the post game interview with Snider.. talk about a man in denial
I missed it. Recap of what was said? I can't imagine him being at all happy with the performance.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I missed it. Recap of what was said? I can't imagine him being at all happy with the performance.
I don't think he was happy but his talk was very contradictory....it's hard to recap. There might eventually be a clip on csnphilly or somewhere else but can't find one so far.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Yeah it was odd....everybody is sullen..I really don't expect a win Fri although I hope for one but the whole vibe is pretty bad.
The good thing here is that a proper evaluation of the team can be done. They won't have a Cup Finals run to point and and say "look how close we came." There's enough there to convince themselves that Scott Hartnell remains an enigma who can't put any kind of consistency together. They're not as good as they were last May, or this past December, and they're not as bad as they were this past March, or the March before it.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
The good thing here is that a proper evaluation of the team can be done. They won't have a Cup Finals run to point and and say "look how close we came." There's enough there to convince themselves that Scott Hartnell remains an enigma who can't put any kind of consistency together. They're not as good as they were last May, or this past December, and they're not as bad as they were this past March, or the March before it.
Yes but they might use the Pronger injury as a crutch too....however I think it's pretty evident we have some things to address. To be honest I don't think Lavy lasts next year either..not because I don't think he's a good coach just that I think his message is waning.....

Old
05-04-2011, 11:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Yes but they might use the Pronger injury as a crutch too....however I think it's pretty evident we have some things to address. To be honest I don't think Lavy lasts next year either..not because I don't think he's a good coach just that I think his message is waning.....
Don't want to hear it. They spent $25M on defense just in case he did get hurt. Pronger missed 32 games. O'Donnell missed 1. That's all you lost from your regular defensemen. That's just a little less lucky than they were last season when Matt Carle missed 2 games, and Braydon Coburn missed 1, but your 3rd pair was a merry-go-round. If the issue is that Pronger is hurt, then you have the wrong people.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Well here is an obvious comment from Snider....

Quote:
“The season’s not over,” Flyers chairman Ed Snider said, when asked whether he believes his team’s goaltending is good enough. “We’ll evaluate everything when the season’s over.”
Yeah Holmgren's whole strategy was built on stacking the D and going with good/average goaltending. We just got by in the first round but have been laid to bare against Boston who we're supposed to match up well against. We look horribly overmatched and if we faced Tampa it would be the same. The strategy FAILED. Yes they will have to evaluate EVERYTHING when the season's over but sadly Holmgren himself is immune even though he's the architect of all of this...

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 05-04-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old
05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Flyerfan4life

even Briere admitted when the second goal went in under 2 mins, that was game over

what is funny was hearing Snider saying the team wasn't deflated, then Lavi turns right around in his interview and says it was deflating... LOL

but I still think Boosh will get the final start of the season on Friday... I can't wrap my head around it...

poor Bob he deserves better then he's been subjected to, getting stuck with trying to ride out the rest of a **** game...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I think he goes to Bobrovsky for Game 4, and then sits back and hopes he is the savior.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:55 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
even Briere admitted when the second goal went in under 2 mins, that was game over

what is funny was hearing Snider saying the team wasn't deflated, then Lavi turns right around in his interview and says it was deflating... LOL

but I still think Boosh will get the final start of the season on Friday... I can't wrap my head around it...

poor Bob he deserves better then he's been subjected to, getting stuck with trying to ride out the rest of a **** game...
Yeah Snider was contradictory in a lot of ways..I was thinking the same thing when listening to Lavy's take and the players take for that matter. Snider said the team didn't quit when the players and coach kind of admitted they did after the first minute of the game which btw was apparently the quickest two goals against us in Flyers playoff history...

Old
05-05-2011, 12:00 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Also, he treated Z like ****. He gave up on him waaaaaaaaaaay to early in the season. He is NOT a 3rd line player, he is a 2nd line winger who can produce points but needs smart line mates, and he needs PP time.
I didn't see anyone crying about Zherdev not playing in January...because he didn't deserve it. He doesn't play defense, he plays by his own rules. That's why he flamed out in New York and Columbus; it's nothing new. Lavi sat him because he wasn't doing what he was told, the guy just comes off as a total punk. For christ sakes they ****ing waived him and not ONE team was interested, not one!

He also has looked like ******* this entire series, this game in particular.

Last edited by 46zone: 05-05-2011 at 12:06 AM.
46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
I think he goes to Bobrovsky for Game 4, and then sits back and hopes he is the savior.
Is there really any other option at this point? This season was ****ed after Bob's meltdown in game two, Lavi and Homer had to know this team wouldn't advance far with Boosh in net.

And for those slamming Lavi for not giving Bob a second chance prior to the Leighton disaster in game 6...obviously something was wrong with the kid that we don't know about.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:12 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
I didn't see anyone crying about Zherdev not playing in January...because he didn't deserve it. He doesn't play defense, he plays by his own rules. That's why he flamed out in New York and Columbus; it's nothing new. Lavi sat him because he wasn't doing what he was told, the guy just comes off as a total punk. For christ sakes they ****ing waived and not ONE team was interested, not one!

He also has looked like ******* this entire series, this game in particular.
Are you kidding me? he was one of the few good players tonight, in the first period he was the only Flyer that didn't get hit because he wasn't second guessing himself when he had the puck. There were a couple of times where he was really strong on the cycle but was soft moments later, I also thought he was one of our best players through the neutral zone, I counted 4 times where he entered their zone with speed, and you could see the Bruins backing off because of it.

The one thing about Z though, is that he's terribly inconsistent, he played good on some shifts but had bad turnovers on others.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:16 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Is there really any other option at this point? This season was ****ed after Bob's meltdown in game two, Lavi and Homer had to know this team wouldn't advance far with Boosh in net.

And for those slamming Lavi for not giving Bob a second chance prior to the Leighton disaster in game 6...obviously something was wrong with the kid that we don't know about.
No, I'd say the season was over back in February, when they started believing the "give the Flyers the Cup now" hype and started playing disinterested, stupid hockey. No consistency, no determination. Does anyone remember the posts that started with "Chill, guys, we're still winning ..." Then it was "Chill, guys, we're still racking up points ..." On to "Chill, guys, we're still in first place ..." Finally, "Chill, guys, we're still going to make the playoffs."

It is confirmed: there is no "on" switch, and crap hockey in Feb-March does contribute to crap hockey in May, and no hockey in June.

It's time to wrap this season up, celebrate a 36th year without a Cup (personal and franchise), and get into complaining about the idiotic off-season moves we're going to witness from Mr. MENSA.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:17 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I also think zherdev has been the second best player for us this series. But zherdev is who he is. He is an offensivley gifted player who makes defensive mistakes at times. But he was strong on the puck and was skating harder than anyone on the team. At least he played better defense than carle

Last edited by FLYERSFAN18: 05-05-2011 at 12:23 AM.
FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Coppy

Ugh... Just get a freaking goalie. Its hard to put it all on goaltending tonight when no one came ready to play tonight, but I put it all on goaltending. The 2 goals in the opening minutes took out any of the fight this team may have had. Just like in game 2 where 2 first period goals ruined what was looking like a rout.

I know everyone is frustrated with the team's effort tonight, but I believe they've realized what we have:

This team has no chance to win a Stanley Cup with this goaltending.

Once you've accepted that, you are pretty much fighting the inevitable. The offense was able to overcome crappy goaltending in the Sabres series, but it can only carry you so far.

People are blaming Lavi for how he handled the goaltending these playoffs, but its hard for me to really place the blame on him. I think he realized the only way this team had a shot was to have one of his goalies catch fire. I think he hoped it could be Boosh, and when it clear it wasn't he went to Leighton. Pretty obvious that was a no.

The blame lies with the front office, for wasting one of the most talented roster they've had in probably a decade on AHL caliber goaltending...

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:23 AM
PhilaFlyers

One game at a time

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:28 AM
TheLegendkiller

Son...I am disappoint

TheLegendkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:33 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
One game at a time
So you'd prefer to be tortured than ask for the quick way out eh

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:36 AM
FLYERSFAN18

The biggest problem going forward is that we don't have any AHL players that have shown they can play consistently in the NHL. In today's NHL an organization has to have some young guys on cheap contracts to play meaningful minutes on you bottom pairing and somewhere in the top nine forwards. The only reason we have had the offensive depth we have had is because JVR and Leino are on cheap contracts. You have to have good players coming up to replace veterans and other role players and from what ive seen we dont have it right now. And we all know why, it because holmgren trades every pick for ***** and giggles. But we all know that, so there is no point ranting on it. We just have to hope we can find reliable replacements for Leino, Carle, and Versteeg from within our organization or with players who are underachieving on other teams. Hopefully Wellwood, holmstrom and gustaffson can come up and make a good impression. That is what will allow us to have a good goalie. And with the rest of the roster we have, we don't need any of our prospects to be the guy. they just have to be defensively responsible role players and things should fall in line

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:01 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I missed the last 2 goals of the game, how was Bob? I know we lost. Just asking.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote