HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Nazzy-19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it absolutly amazes me the ignorance of some fans. all i keep reading is how we are lucky to be coming home 1-1 and not 0-2. as bad as we played in game one, we were a bounce away from tying it/maybe winning it with only 20 min. of effort. why can't these people realize the canucks are just as luckly to not be down 0-2?
Complaining about bounces is so pointless imo. Bounces, good or bad, are part of hockey. All that matters at the end of the game is the scoreboard.

The Preds deserve full credit for game 2. They played like they were truly embarrassed by game 1's performance.

I expect this to be a long, tight series. Good luck, but not too much

Old
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
it absolutly amazes me the ignorance of some fans. all i keep reading is how we are lucky to be coming home 1-1 and not 0-2. as bad as we played in game one, we were a bounce away from tying it/maybe winning it with only 20 min. of effort. why can't these people realize the canucks are just as luckly to not be down 0-2?
I also find it hilarious that the Canucks fans call the Preds robots and a boring team... um, I don't think the Canucks have ONCE attacked after they got a 1-0 lead in either game. Actually, they played a trap after they scored their lone goal in both games... If they are so much more skilled than us, how come they have to resort to a trap????

Oh, and their defense is AWFUL at moving the puck. They have no idea how to relieve pressure. They might be able to block shots, be a lil physical, and poke the puck away, but it doesn't do any good if you can't connect on a breakout pass and we stay in your zone the ENTIRE GAME. Gotta love that Hamhuis is their best puck mover and he would be our fifth best... Ha.

BTW, I agree about the VERSUS commentators. It seemed like each time Vancouver almost scored, they would say, "Preds got lucky with that one". But if we almost scored, "Great play by (Luongo, Bieksa, etc)". Ha. Worthless...

Old
05-02-2011, 04:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandypred View Post
BTW, the Green Men will be at Game 3!!

@TheGreenMen: The Greenmen are Nashville bound! Predators didn't want us in Rogers Arena, didn't say anything about their arena!

I wonder if they are in the Petro-Canada seats between the benches?
hahahaha cant wait for Gnash to punk them

surely whoever normally sits by our penalty box wouldnt give up their seats to those Massengil products..

so there will just be two idiots in green bodysuits sitting in random seats??

yeah, thats intimidating...

Old
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I bet the first time one of them tries to do a hand stand one of the embarrassing, drunken, loud-mouthed fans every fan base has pushes him over. Green suits will only make it easier for people to target them with popcorn or beer. Not that I condone the immature acts of drunk people in public, but I'm pretty sure I'd turn a blind eye.

Predators didn't want you in Rogers Arena? So? What you're saying is that the visiting team can control which individuals get to come to the game? Odd...

oh wait, they must be doing something against NHL protocol (like covering their faces), and in doing so gave our team an opening to request they not be allowed in the arena in their incredibly stupid body suits. hmmmm

Old
05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
cleangene

Please, please...can someone clear up the t.v. coverage situation for tomorrow?? The zone announced sportsouth and it's on the comcast guide for there; however, the PREDS homepage, sports 560, and the versus network promo have it listed there. My friends without tix here and in Knoxville need to know, PLEASE.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Nhl app for android says versus.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Please, please...can someone clear up the t.v. coverage situation for tomorrow?? The zone announced sportsouth and it's on the comcast guide for there; however, the PREDS homepage, sports 560, and the versus network promo have it listed there. My friends without tix here and in Knoxville need to know, PLEASE.
It's on both, but will be blacked out if you have SportSouth.

Old
05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
jd22

Send a message via MSN to jd22
Haven't really read much of this thread, but what's with the hate for the green guys? I've never seen them bang on the glass or anything, just making annoying/odd visual displays for the opposing team's penalized members - they sit down as soon as play begins.

I really don't get it. Hockey is a sport which is sold for entertainment. It's not a military institution. Those guys are paying fans, why can't they do what they want? Players have to deal with auditory distractions "Rinne, you suck!" Etc, etc. (Even though he's too awesome for me).

Old
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 273
I dont give a rats butt what they do in their building. But dont come to our barn and expect us to let you be a spectacle for the enemy team.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd22 View Post
Haven't really read much of this thread, but what's with the hate for the green guys? I've never seen them bang on the glass or anything, just making annoying/odd visual displays for the opposing team's penalized members - they sit down as soon as play begins.

I really don't get it. Hockey is a sport which is sold for entertainment. It's not a military institution. Those guys are paying fans, why can't they do what they want? Players have to deal with auditory distractions "Rinne, you suck!" Etc, etc. (Even though he's too awesome for me).
When I saw the Green Man episode of It's Always Sunny I thought it was hilarious. When I saw the "green men" acting like fools in Vancouver I thought they were idiotic rip offs, but as PredsV82 said, they're cool to do it in their building. No one should expect them to be welcomed in our building if they come dressed like that. Especially if they are planning on sitting in 303.

Old
05-03-2011, 02:59 AM
The Mannschaft

Send a message via ICQ to The Mannschaft Send a message via AIM to The Mannschaft Send a message via MSN to The Mannschaft
Hope you guys give the green men hell if you see them at the game. 90% of other NHL fans will thank you.

Old
05-03-2011, 04:07 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mannschaft View Post
Hope you guys give the green men hell if you see them at the game. 90% of other NHL fans will thank you.
I will. They will be supposedly sitting in Section 303 which is our "rowdy" section. I'm nearby in 331 so I can easily "visit" them if needed.

Old
05-03-2011, 09:11 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
When I saw the Green Man episode of It's Always Sunny I thought it was hilarious. When I saw the "green men" acting like fools in Vancouver I thought they were idiotic rip offs, but as PredsV82 said, they're cool to do it in their building. No one should expect them to be welcomed in our building if they come dressed like that. Especially if they are planning on sitting in 303.
I'm surprised costumes like that or any other costume that hides the face are even legal in such high density places these days. I find it odd that you would check a 75-year old lady's purse but allow people to be present in the arena with no ability for long-term identification by the patrons, employees, security personnel, cops and cameras in the building.

I agree that it's farfetched that people dressed in green costumes would be committing significant crimes or that they would get away. But that is no more farfetched than my grandmother entering the premises with an explosive device.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I'm surprised costumes like that or any other costume that hides the face are even legal in such high density places these days. I find it odd that you would check a 75-year old lady's purse but allow people to be present in the arena with no ability for long-term identification by the patrons, employees, security personnel, cops and cameras in the building.

I agree that it's farfetched that people dressed in green costumes would be committing significant crimes or that they would get away. But that is no more farfetched than my grandmother entering the premises with an explosive device.
Well, as long as they check the "green men's" purses I think we'll be OK.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:24 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgie View Post
Well, as long as they check the "green men's" purses I think we'll be OK.
Good point. According to the Reno 911, 78% of all crimes are committed using a purse or purse-related paraphernalia, with the fanny pack being the most common purse-related item.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:36 AM
LoveMyLife

I thought we'd allowed people in those suits inside the Bridgestone Arena before so why would we try to tell Vancouver not to let them in? Did I imagine them here?

Old
05-03-2011, 11:05 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I have no problem with the green men, yellow men, orange men, blue men, etc. I thnk it adds character to each barn they are housed in. I think this is a faliure on the NHL part if it was really them, or the Preds part if 2 guys in spandex actually get to them.

Old
05-03-2011, 11:33 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
I have no problem with the green men, yellow men, orange men, blue men, etc. I thnk it adds character to each barn they are housed in. I think this is a faliure on the NHL part if it was really them, or the Preds part if 2 guys in spandex actually get to them.
I agree. It adds to the atmosphere. And there's simply no way that these spandexed men can affect the on-ice action in any meaningful way.

According to the writers of the book Scorecasting, there's ample evidence to suggest that the crowd in general only has a meaningful impact on officiating and little impact on the players (home v. road call disparities are higher in more packed venues whereas player performance differences are negligible.)

Old
05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Not a big fan of the Green men. Not a big fan of guys in spandex as a whole.

Old
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
AEM6729

Heard on the radio that Sully is out for Game 4 and that it looks like they're leaning towards putting Wilson in. I really, really hope that's the case and that Trotz truly rolls 4 lines tomorrow.

Maybe Wilson will be so pissed about being scratched for so long that he'll dominate. Who knows? Regardless I would love to see a guy who can play real minutes being put in, and us rolling 4 lines as a result.

What are the theories on Sully? I assumed it was his groin but saw someone mention a knee-on-knee hit from Hammer that I must've missed.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
What are the theories on Sully? I assumed it was his groin but saw someone mention a knee-on-knee hit from Hammer that I must've missed.
Theories schmeories. It was a knee on knee hit by Hamhuis.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:50 PM
cleangene

So Hammer is suspended for how many games??? Right, that would have only happened if he were wearing the other uniform.

Old
05-05-2011, 01:50 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

I have 2 game packs that I want to send out to you Preds fans that can't attend the games. It will include a "stand with me" gold playoff shirt, rally towel and game 3 game program. The first two out of towners that pm me will get them.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:29 AM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
I have 2 game packs that I want to send out to you Preds fans that can't attend the games. It will include a "stand with me" gold playoff shirt, rally towel and game 3 game program. The first two out of towners that pm me will get them.
Hmm...how long of a drive is it from toronto to nashville.

Old
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Hmm...how long of a drive is it from toronto to nashville.
16 hours.

Closed Thread