HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3: Flyers @ Bruins - Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
05-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
One game at a time
I just want them to bring it back to philly. Go from there. Start Bob and see what happens. This has been a hard series to swallow. Just think of all the chances they had to win game 2.

Everyone saying this team has no heart should give their head a shake. This is the same core that did come back down 0-3... You fight, you play until there is nothing left, it is so close, and your goalie doesnt make a single save. Eventually it just defaltes you until nothing left can be done.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:06 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I missed the last 2 goals of the game, how was Bob? I know we lost. Just asking.
He let in the fifth goal on a five on three powerplay with like 2 minutes left in the game. It was a slapshot from Chara from his right at about the top of the circle and it went top shelf above his glove hand. Overall looked good. I remember maybe one time he was out of position but nothing came of it.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:09 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I can definately see them winning to force a game five off of pure emotion. But i would bet they would lose that game five and not really be in the game

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:13 AM
TheLegendkiller

Anybody up for at least beating Boston up enough so that Tampa destroys them?

That's what I would do. Make sure the other team is half dead if they do beat you.

TheLegendkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
MiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
No, I'd say the season was over back in February, when they started believing the "give the Flyers the Cup now" hype and started playing disinterested, stupid hockey. No consistency, no determination. Does anyone remember the posts that started with "Chill, guys, we're still winning ..." Then it was "Chill, guys, we're still racking up points ..." On to "Chill, guys, we're still in first place ..." Finally, "Chill, guys, we're still going to make the playoffs."

It is confirmed: there is no "on" switch, and crap hockey in Feb-March does contribute to crap hockey in May, and no hockey in June.
well, I was labelled clueless when I said that playing around .500 for last 30 games means quick playoff exit... I hope they show little pride and manage to win at least one game this spring

Last edited by MiD: 05-05-2011 at 07:57 AM.
MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:19 AM
SolidSnakeUS

So Bob was he is supposed to do and play well?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Justified
Amaro out

This team has more talent than last year along with finishing with 18 more points, but as a whole last years team was better. There seems to be so many odd man rushes and wide open men in their zone which you cant afford when Boosh is your goalie. But hey, what can you do?

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:24 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiD View Post
well, I was labelled clueless when I said that playing .500 for last 30 games means quick playoff exit... I hope they show little pride and manage to win at least game this spring
This whole coasting until the games are important is ****ing crap. This team looked lethargic through March and April and part of that is now carrying over. They played well overall through the Buffalo series, but they still give up way too many goals early. ****, it's so frustrating how this team can come out and not be ready to play.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
This team has more talent than last year along with finishing with 18 more points, but as a whole last years team was better. There seems to be so many odd man rushes and wide open men in their zone which you cant afford when Boosh is your goalie. But hey, what can you do?
Disagree, our team is better than it was last year as a whole, but other teams (namely Boston) have improved their team even more, and we are consequently getting rolled over.

The two likely EC Finalists will be the Bruins & the Bolts. Look at their line-ups this year compared to what they had last year and THAT is why they are going to be in the finals and the Flyers are playing golf

Big improvements need to be made next year, and I'm interested (and scared) to see what Homer will do to improve the situation, because other teams will just get stronger, and the Flyers have to keep pace.

**** I can't believe they let all of that early to mid season momentum slip away so effortlessly.

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:44 AM
dats81

Let's face it, this team got extremly lucky with Leighton and Boucher in goal last year. They looked decent because the whole team played great team defense and bailed them out.

This year, expectations have grown into the sky after the great start into the season and players are lacking effort and heart because some of them still believe in all of that "3 equal scoring lines, most depth, best defense in the East" ********talk. They don't stick to a system or game plan and the whole goaltending situation frustrates them.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
No, I'd say the season was over back in February, when they started believing the "give the Flyers the Cup now" hype and started playing disinterested, stupid hockey. No consistency, no determination. Does anyone remember the posts that started with "Chill, guys, we're still winning ..." Then it was "Chill, guys, we're still racking up points ..." On to "Chill, guys, we're still in first place ..." Finally, "Chill, guys, we're still going to make the playoffs."

It is confirmed: there is no "on" switch, and crap hockey in Feb-March does contribute to crap hockey in May, and no hockey in June.

It's time to wrap this season up, celebrate a 36th year without a Cup (personal and franchise), and get into complaining about the idiotic off-season moves we're going to witness from Mr. MENSA.
Such a fair assessment of how things have been since the turn of the year. The amount of posters who were saying that we wouldn't need momentum, and it didn't matter that we completely blew for 3 or 4 months leading up to the post is insane.

I just hope they've learned something from what has unfolded, because this has been a pitiful post season and it's clear to see that the managements decisions last off-season failed.

There needs to be a serious player carousel in the summer to breathe new life into this stale team

Old
05-05-2011, 03:49 AM
SolidSnakeUS

So did Bob do well given the circumstances?

Old
05-05-2011, 03:51 AM
StandingCow

That is the only thing I can think of that is wrong with this team... lack of confidence in the goaltending... I really don't know what else could be wrong.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:52 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
That is the only thing I can think of that is wrong with this team... lack of confidence in the goaltending... I really don't know what else could be wrong.
Bob didn't have confidence or the rest of the team doesn't have confidence in anyone in net?

Old
05-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Some people said roloson was too old, but look at what hes doing right now. looks just as good as any other goalie still left, other than maybe thomas in game 2
Roloson has been severely helped out by the offensive arsenal infront of him too.

Their D are tighter, their forwards are scoring, and generally, their skaters seem to have more heart than the Flyers.......As do the Bruins.

They have players like Bergenheim & Moore stepping up to the plate. We have players like Versteeg & Hartnell who are ghosts out there.

That's why it's golf time

I know these forums are love-ins for certain Flyers players, but our so called 'core' guys have been missing for 95% of this post season.

This has been evidenced every other night, and those FO% figures from last nights game? Well they're just embarassing. This team, as a TEAM (not just the damn goalie) have been embarassing.

Old
05-05-2011, 05:04 AM
CanadianFlyersFan18

It has to be time for Bob. Boucher has been given 7! yeas 7 chances this year to beat the Bruins and he hasn't succeeded yet. They just have him number. Live or Die, go to Bob, at the very worst we get swept, but to be honest he's looked a lot better than Boosh has in his relief duties.
1 Game at a time I suppose. Hopefully the heart and determination come back or else it will be a sweep

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:29 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Not sure if this was posted already, but we lost the faceoffs by a tally of 43-12.

43-12.
B's fan here in peace: In your centers' defense, Bergie and Krejci did the same thing to the Habs. They are unbelievably solid at winning faceoffs. Not many centers out there that can beat them regularly.

HockeyMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
B's fan here in peace: In your centers' defense, Bergie and Krejci did the same thing to the Habs. They are unbelievably solid at winning faceoffs. Not many centers out there that can beat them regularly.
That's a fair point, but 43-12 dude............43-12!!!!

This statistic should never happen in a conference semi final match up, much less in a do-or-die situation for the Flyers. Bruins just wanted it more, from puck drop to game end.

I picked you guys as a sneaky outsider to win the whole sha-bang before a playoff puck was dropped, and I've seen nothing to change my mind about that.

Old
05-05-2011, 06:48 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
That's a fair point, but 43-12 dude............43-12!!!!

This statistic should never happen in a conference semi final match up, much less in a do-or-die situation for the Flyers. Bruins just wanted it more, from puck drop to game end.

I picked you guys as a sneaky outsider to win the whole sha-bang before a playoff puck was dropped, and I've seen nothing to change my mind about that.
Yah, I hear ya, but it is something they have done consistently throughout the season. Bergie won 17 of 19, Krejci was 8 for 8 and Kelly won 11 of 12. I dunno, just trying to find a silver lining for ya. I'm still not convinced that this series is ours. I hope for the love of my sanity that it is but I won't believe it until they get that elusive 4th win. If they don't wrap it up on Friday there will be a lot of scared fans here in Boston. Good luck in the next game, hope it's a good one but not so good that you guys get the W from it.

HockeyMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:02 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
Yeah, but our centers have sucked a dick all year in the faceoff circle. It doesn't matter who they're facing.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:09 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Yeah, but our centers have sucked a dick all year in the faceoff circle. It doesn't matter who they're facing.
Curious, who is the one responsible for helping with faceoffs (coach-wise) or is it all self practice on it?

Old
05-05-2011, 07:35 AM
El Emperor

Call me crazy, but when the few of us were whining about no shutouts yet back in February, everyone laughed it off saying a win is a win.

Funny how even the crappiest teams in this league had shutouts. The fact that a team that was basically in 1st place almost all year couldn't manage ONE shutout says a lot about its defense and goaltending and it finally caught up with us on one of the biggest stages in the NHL.

Doesn't matter how much money and experience you poor into your defense, they WILL makes mistakes and you better hope your goalie is good enough to cover their *****. We simply don't have that piece... it showed all year and Homer opted to trade for Kris Versteeg instead of a legit #1 goalie that could have boosted morale and stolen a few games in March for us.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I honestly didn't think the bruins would sweep us. Beat us sure, but not sweep us.

We don't have a shot in hell of winning 4 games this time.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:57 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I missed the last 2 goals of the game, how was Bob? I know we lost. Just asking.
He didn't have much to do. Had no chance on Chara's goal (perfect screen from Bergeron) and an awesome save on Peverley.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:59 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I honestly didn't think the bruins would sweep us. Beat us sure, but not sweep us.
I'm sure Caps fans didn't think Tampa would sweep them, and Wings fans didn't think they'd be down 0-3 against the Sharks again.
**** happens.

Btw, these have to be the most boring semis in a long time.

Last edited by nevermore: 05-05-2011 at 08:07 AM.
nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote