HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jim Schoenfeld on NYR plans

Old
05-05-2011, 12:12 AM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I highly doubt that GMGM would ever consider trading Backstrom, but maybe they would trade Green. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he'd be just what this team needs. A top puck mover, PP quarterback, and a big shot. He'd be a great fit with Staal - Green has never really had a defensive player of Staal's caliber to cover his mistakes before (and those mistakes aren't all too frequent, they're just really noticeable). He was left out to dry a ton of times against the Bolts, though, and I don't think that would happen with Staal.
It may be turning out though that he has head issues and thats not good. On the flip side, that may be what makes him available, especially with Carlson playing so well, but it begs the same question, will they trade him to the Rangers?

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:12 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If the hockey gods do have mercy on us, Hemsky-Richards-Gaborik for 82 games is a pretty great top line.
82 games meaning the total number of games they collectively play?? the line made of glass

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:31 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hemsky? He is an elite player? Gaborik is more durable than Hemsky.

Sometimes I regret even posting this stuff.
Durabilities aside, Hemksy is a elite playmaker. Not sure what Hemsky you watch.

My top 2 favorite players outside of the Rangers are Datsyuk and Hemsky.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:34 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Stepan OR Arty for an elite winger with only one year left on the contract would irk me.
Stepan? You guys can't be serious. Stepan isn't an "asset" that's movable right now. If anything, Anisimov is the one that is a possibility of being moved.

Old
05-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
JS. "We have 4-5 good young 2nd/3rd line center ice men, 20-21yo and maybe you package one with a pick and something else to get that elite player in the final year of his contract."

God I hope he's not thinking Stepan.
He's talking about Anisimov. He's our most attractive, expendable, young asset right now.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:14 AM
pld459666

There's very few untouchable players on the Rangers for an elite level player.

Very few

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Stepan? You guys can't be serious. Stepan isn't an "asset" that's movable right now. If anything, Anisimov is the one that is a possibility of being moved.
Stepan is going to be part of the real core moving forward. Right now, a few guys who are young are included purely because we've never had decent, talented youth on the roster. Stepan is going to be a true number two centerman.

If we're talking about moving him for a young star under 24 then he's gotta go.

Old
05-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I would also trade Anisimov for a first line player as well, I think nearly anyone would, but I don't like when people label him as "average" or a "#3 center". Production wise, he was a top-6 center in the NHL last season.
If you had the choice of Evgeni Malkin or Artem Anisimov, who would you choose? Production wise, Artem did outscore him by your standards.

Old
05-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Levitate

A guy like Stepan is someone you really want to keep around a few years to see what you have, not trade him off before he truly finds his game at the NHL level. Sure if it's for an absolute elite player, then it's reasonable, but not for anything else.

It's very easy to see him becoming a 60-70 point player with some experience and a few improvements to his game, and those guys are pretty valuable.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Torts has discussed adding a #1 center and a skilled defenseman. Go back and listen to his interview with Michael Kay. Those are the two elements. The Rangers don't have the money to add those players without subtracting significant dollars off the books. Buying out Wolski and Avery at 1/3 and trading Drury for another bad contract which will be assigned to the AHL gives them that flexible. They could add the defenseman during the season or at the deadline.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:07 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I have no problem moving Anisimov in a deal for a top six forward, and I'll go even further...if the Wild want Girardi back for Brent Burns because they can't re-sign the latter, I'm okay with that deal, too. Unless someone truly elite becomes available, the only players I think are off-limits are Staal, Dubi, Cally, Stepan, McDonagh and Kreider. (I would also be hesitant to move Sauer.)

Frankly, the first name that popped into my head when I began reading this thread is Brent Burns. My instinct is that Richards is target #1, and then the Rangers will target someone like Burns who's deal is up at the end of 2012.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Torts identified AA as a core player this season. Just because some people here don't like him doesn't make him available in a trade. The opinions on players here changes by the game.

So the Rangers are going to trade AA,a first round pick and another asset? It better be for young elite player.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:10 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Torts identified AA as a core player this season. Just because some people here don't like him doesn't make him available in a trade. The opinions on players here changes by the game.

So the Rangers are going to trade AA,a first round pick and another asset? It better be for young elite player.
It's not about not liking him. He has great tools. It's the fact that from our core guys he's the one most wouldn't mind seeing packaged for a legit scorer.

Old
05-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Ola

Quote:

Of course, but to get something you gotta give up something. And when giving up something, you always look at value for the team vs value on the market.

One can mention Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan as very valuble players for the team, almost untouchable.

Then you can go on to guys like Stepan and MDZ who kind of are unique in the organisation, and therefor opens up a hole when traded that needs to be filled.

I can only say what I would do, but if "X" player is on the table, and he would make a ton of sense for us, Id start looking at these guys, basically in order:

-Dan Girardi //Core player and what not, but there is a lot of talk about him (=value), and he have struggled next to anyone not named Marc Staal, and we have plenty of players playing like him on the depth chart.

Don't get me wrong, his shot-blocking is nothing short of amazing and he is a valuble player to this team -- but if we could get something more valuble in a trade, I would be willing to move him rather then other guys as valuble as he is.

-Artem Anisimov //I mean you wanna know what you are dealing, and I do not know what I am dealing here. I would like to see him after another summer. But unless he develops in a hurry, we will be a little weak at centerice with him and Stepan compared to the other teams in our div/conference. Like you do not want to point at Stepan next season and say hey, you are our nr 1 and we need our nr 1 to score 70 pts. And I rather keep Stepan then AA, and I think AA is "too valuble" to keep around us a 3rd lineer if we get another center and bump Boyle to the 4th.

-McD //I am not 100% sold on him, I like Sauer better. Could have more potential, but I mean, if like a Rich Nash is on the table, Id deal him over Sauer/Dubi/Cally/Stepan and co. Thats all I am saying.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:52 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I love how Schoeny said we can't afford to be dead last for 5 years and draft top players.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Burns seems like an unrealistic target, guys. He's going to be really, really hard to drag out of Minnesota.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

The best test to see who is most valuable to our core is to put your feet in the skates of another team. Simulate a trade scenario.

If you're offered Dubinsky, Callahan, Stepan, or Anisimov, who do you pick to be the centerpiece?

If AA is not the last player picked, then you have a point. If you go through three players before getting to AA then you're sure to see his true value to the core.

Old
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Of course, but to get something you gotta give up something. And when giving up something, you always look at value for the team vs value on the market.

One can mention Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan as very valuble players for the team, almost untouchable.

Then you can go on to guys like Stepan and MDZ who kind of are unique in the organisation, and therefor opens up a hole when traded that needs to be filled.

I can only say what I would do, but if "X" player is on the table, and he would make a ton of sense for us, Id start looking at these guys, basically in order:

-Dan Girardi //Core player and what not, but there is a lot of talk about him (=value), and he have struggled next to anyone not named Marc Staal, and we have plenty of players playing like him on the depth chart.

Don't get me wrong, his shot-blocking is nothing short of amazing and he is a valuble player to this team -- but if we could get something more valuble in a trade, I would be willing to move him rather then other guys as valuble as he is.

-Artem Anisimov //I mean you wanna know what you are dealing, and I do not know what I am dealing here. I would like to see him after another summer. But unless he develops in a hurry, we will be a little weak at centerice with him and Stepan compared to the other teams in our div/conference. Like you do not want to point at Stepan next season and say hey, you are our nr 1 and we need our nr 1 to score 70 pts. And I rather keep Stepan then AA, and I think AA is "too valuble" to keep around us a 3rd lineer if we get another center and bump Boyle to the 4th.

-McD //I am not 100% sold on him, I like Sauer better. Could have more potential, but I mean, if like a Rich Nash is on the table, Id deal him over Sauer/Dubi/Cally/Stepan and co. Thats all I am saying.
Very well said. As long as Sauer's development continues to trend up, he is going to be more valuable than Girardi. Bigger and nastier.

I think McDonagh has a shot to be Girardi's clone. Maybe a little more skilled offensively, same amount of toughness, not much of a fighter, just as good defensively.

I think it's all timing. Mid year once we see how and what the bottom pairing settles out to be, and what our second year players look like, we may be able to sneak a deal including Girardi.

Anyone think Girardi and Anisimov gets you something really nice in return?

Old
05-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

I LOL every time is see someone mention hemsky on the rangers, he's far from elite. The guys played 1 almost complete season in his career(81gp) of 8 seasons and has passed 70 points only twice (77,71) and in those seasons he was an assist machine 58,51 each; granted those are good numbers but he's only played 69 games in the past 2 years again ill give it to him he was a ppg player in that short period of time but the guy is the poster boy for fragile. He is a HUGE risk to trade for, especially when you have to move valuable assets for him and given his 1 year remaining. Wayy to much of a risk for me and for this team. We need a scorer and one that will be able to play a full season without being injured once a month. Hemskys not that guy and this board will grow to hate this guy once the season starts if we were to acquire him.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

If we get Richards I think I'd like to see a Power Forward on that line to create some havoc and knock in garbage goals. Almost play a Bertuzzi like role. If Dallas decides to "shake it up" Maybe make a trade for Brendan Morrow? The guy is good for 30+ goals, would provide leadership and has a reasonable contract.

We definitely need a #1 puck moving defenseman though, probably even more than a Left Wing.

I really don't want to part with Arty though. I understand that you gotta give to get, and at some point, one of these guys we drafted that had success was gonna have to be moved to get a big piece, but still, it'd hurt.

Last edited by SomebodySaveKreider: 05-05-2011 at 08:52 AM.
SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
If we get Richards I think I'd like to see a Power Forward on that line to create some havoc and knock in garbage goals. Almost play a Bertuzzi like role. If Dallas decides to "shake it up" Maybe make a trade for Brendan Morrow? The guy is good for 30+ goals, would provide leadership and has a reasonable contract.
Don't need. We have Prospal.

Old
05-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Add me to the list of people that HATE the idea of Hemsky here on the Rangers.

If Richards is the target and I believe he is then I hope the add a banger on the Left Wall. I said it before and will again. Sather dropped the ball on Neal. He was the guy. Would have been perfect especially considering he was already a linemate of Richards. Gabby on the Right side would have lots of room with these other two out there. Potential for a tremendous top line.

Imagine Ryan Clowe on that Left side? Imagine Lucic? Both are almost certainly unavailable, but if the idea is trading assets...VALUABLE assets then this is the type of player I think they need to swing for the fences on. Add Jaime Benn to that list as well.

None of those players are gonna happen I would bet, but I don't think it's out of the question for a Morrow, a Hartnell, maybe Cole in that spot? Guys you don't have to give up the farm for, but could add in the right situation.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I"m curious about this. What makes you wary and what makes you like Sauer better?

Sauer is older and has more pro experience, and that showed this year in my eyes, but McDonagh clearly looks like he has more upside and has the potential to be quite similar to Staal.

Sauer I think has the potential to be quite similar to Girardi...and I know I'll take Staal over Girardi.

Both good players but I do think I move Sauer before McDonagh

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
beastly115

Oh man, this has Hemsky written all over it. It's a typical Sather move.

Skilled player with major issues.

Sather likes to trade with Edmonton.

Hemsky would get destroyed in the Atlantic. Ugh.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:41 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Add me to the list of people that HATE the idea of Hemsky here on the Rangers.

If Richards is the target and I believe he is then I hope the add a banger on the Left Wall. I said it before and will again. Sather dropped the ball on Neal. He was the guy. Would have been perfect especially considering he was already a linemate of Richards. Gabby on the Right side would have lots of room with these other two out there. Potential for a tremendous top line.

Imagine Ryan Clowe on that Left side? Imagine Lucic? Both are almost certainly unavailable, but if the idea is trading assets...VALUABLE assets then this is the type of player I think they need to swing for the fences on. Add Jaime Benn to that list as well.

None of those players are gonna happen I would bet, but I don't think it's out of the question for a Morrow, a Hartnell, maybe Cole in that spot? Guys you don't have to give up the farm for, but could add in the right situation.
We didn't have what Dallas was looking for to trade for Neal. They wanted a PPQB. We don't have one for ourselves, let alone one to spare.

And as for the LW... uhh.. Dubinsky? Hello?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote