HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit - Edmonton

Old
05-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Jimbo7200

vCash: 500
Detroit - Edmonton

Wings fan coming in peace. This series has disgusted me so i'm being creative.

To Edmonton-
Jiri Hudler
The Rights to Jon Ericsson
3rd round pick

To Detroit-
Andrew Cogliano
Ladislav Smid

Fair? If not why?

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:29 AM
tiger_80

Ericsson won't sign with Edmonton. Oilers do not really need Hudler.
Counter-offer:

Cogliano+Smid for Filpulla and 2nd.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:30 AM
stoff

value wise it might be fair but at best its a lateral move. I see no point in this trade for the oilers IMO.

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:56 AM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
value wise it might be fair but at best its a lateral move. I see no point in this trade for the oilers IMO.
Not even lateral. No chance we would make that deal.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:31 AM
Jean Ralphio

Don't think we'd be looking to add another small forward off-season (at least I hope not). Filppula would be a good target, not sure if they're willing to deal him though.

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
Wings fan coming in peace. This series has disgusted me so i'm being creative.

To Edmonton-
Jiri Hudler
The Rights to Jon Ericsson
3rd round pick

To Detroit-
Andrew Cogliano
Ladislav Smid

Fair? If not why?
No interest at all in Hudler. Maybe the rights to Ericsson a 1st round pick and a conditional 3rd/4th round pick next year (depending on if Ericsson re-signs) might seal the deal? The rights of a soon to be UFA isn't worth a whole hell of a lot TBH.

05-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Beerfish

Cogliano would be a perfect fit for the Red Wings. Hudler has to be taken out of any discussion as we have players or a player like him.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Moneypuck

In two yrs Andrew Cogliano will be one of the premier PK'ers in the league. Oilers are best served keeping Cogs for our Cup run in 2014.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
proppski

addada

Last edited by proppski: 07-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.
proppski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:26 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by proppski View Post
hudler and the rights for ericksson for Linus omark should be a fair and good deal for both teams!
Why would the Oilers give up on Omark for that? Especially given Ericksson is a UFA. If teams are going to start taking rights to a guy like Ericksson we might as well be trying to move Strudwick and Vandermeer.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

don't like that trade.....i'd like to see us get yet another 1st rounder in this years draft, or another couple of 2nd rounders. but if we trade established players, we need some back of course. don't want to trade those type all the time for just picks!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by proppski View Post
hudler and the rights for ericksson for Linus omark should be a fair and good deal for both teams!
Omark fits in well with Paajarvi and possibly Lander, why disrupt that to add another smallish forward? At least Omark plays bigger than he is. I would actually like to add Ericsson, IMO he has more to his game than he has shown in Detroit but needs an opportunity to do so, but we could trade for his rights and he could still walk.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Panda Bear

We are aware that proppski simply wants Omark to leave the Oilers for a better team like the Red Wings? He's a fan of Omark, not the Oilers.

Panda Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Omark fits in well with Paajarvi and possibly Lander, why disrupt that to add another smallish forward? At least Omark plays bigger than he is. I would actually like to add Ericsson, IMO he has more to his game than he has shown in Detroit but needs an opportunity to do so, but we could trade for his rights and he could still walk.
July 1st you make the call. Maybe he'd like to be apart of our Swedish group that we have going? That is if DET doesn't keep him.

Old
05-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
We are aware that proppski simply wants Omark to leave the Oilers for a better team like the Red Wings? He's a fan of Omark, not the Oilers.
Yeah some of the Swedish posters here annoy me because they are not Oiler fans, they just like Omark. They would rather see us lose 4-1 as long as Omark got the goal then win 4-1 and Omark held scoreless.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
July 1st you make the call. Maybe he'd like to be apart of our Swedish group that we have going? That is if DET doesn't keep him.
It sure would be nice to add him to our club. He's older than our Swedes but if Detroit doesn't want him and neither does Sweden west (Vancouver) then I could see him considering joining our club.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
It sure would be nice to add him to our club. He's older than our Swedes but if Detroit doesn't want him and neither does Sweden west (Vancouver) then I could see him considering joining our club.
I know he's probably not the best role model, but if we did draft Larsson I wonder if Ericsson would be a bit of comfort for Larsson?

Bonus with Ericsson is he already had an appendectomy.

Yes people I think that's a bonus.

Edit: He played in the WC last year so that is a bonus knowing that MPS and Omark know him.

Old
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Doaner19

The value isn't to far off, but there's no room for Hudler. If Hemsky gets dealt like everyone's expecting, he wouldnt have any place at all in the lineup. If we keep Hemsky, the deal would probably work. But it would be a last minute thing at the draft if we can't move Hemsky to get another top 10 pick

Doaner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Doaner19

The value isn't to far off, but there's no room for Hudler. If Hemsky gets dealt like everyone's expecting, he wouldnt have any place at all in the lineup. If we keep Hemsky, the deal would probably work. But it would be a last minute thing at the draft if we can't move Hemsky to get another top 10 pick

Doaner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:23 PM
phi1086

Move Hemsky like everyone is expecting? It's not happening and no, my name is not Steve Tambellini. You don't rebuild with no established veterans up front. His luck is bound to turn around, and the last three years of injuries have kept his value close to his current contract. a 70 point player for $4Mill is a rarity. No matter how impatient fans are, Steve probably isn't.

The Hudler idea is sideways. Detroit doesn't make a good trading partner for the Oilers in the first place, but if we ship Cog's out with a dMan it will be to bring a top 3 dMan back to take minutes away from Gilbert and make the transition easier for Petry. And I don't think Ericcson is that player.

phi1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi1086 View Post
Move Hemsky like everyone is expecting? It's not happening and no, my name is not Steve Tambellini. You don't rebuild with no established veterans up front. His luck is bound to turn around, and the last three years of injuries have kept his value close to his current contract. a 70 point player for $4Mill is a rarity. No matter how impatient fans are, Steve probably isn't.

The Hudler idea is sideways. Detroit doesn't make a good trading partner for the Oilers in the first place, but if we ship Cog's out with a dMan it will be to bring a top 3 dMan back to take minutes away from Gilbert and make the transition easier for Petry. And I don't think Ericcson is that player.
Hemsky being a 70 point man is a rarity at this point. I don't believe he is moved this summer, but it's not because he is an established veterans.

Old
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Yeah some of the Swedish posters here annoy me because they are not Oiler fans, they just like Omark. They would rather see us lose 4-1 as long as Omark got the goal then win 4-1 and Omark held scoreless.
well, Swedish people better get used to having Swedes on the Oilers....if we don't end up drafting Adam Larsson, then, if he's still there at #19, i have a feeling D Jonas Brodin will be taken by us, and there is also #31 where D Oscar Klefbom and D Rasmus Bengtsson could be taken, as well as other Swedish prospects like C Joachim Nermark, C Victor Rask, LW Max Friberg.....etc. that could be taken in the later rounds. i would draft a few, the more Swedes the better!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:19 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Oil Ever View Post
well, Swedish people better get used to having Swedes on the Oilers....if we don't end up drafting Adam Larsson, then, if he's still there at #19, i have a feeling D Jonas Brodin will be taken by us, and there is also #31 where D Oscar Klefbom and D Rasmus Bengtsson could be taken, as well as other Swedish prospects like C Joachim Nermark, C Victor Rask, LW Max Friberg.....etc. that could be taken in the later rounds. i would draft a few, the more Swedes the better!
Plus there is a lot of chatter about that Swedish goalie that the Oil could sign as a free agent.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:11 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
If Ericsson heads to free agency and the OIlers like him, they can simply pitch an offer. No need to trade for his rights to do that. If Detroit plans to re-sign before 1 July, his rights will never be traded.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
proppski

adadad

Last edited by proppski: 07-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.
proppski is offline   Reply With Quote