HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

WSH- NJ (Varlamov)

Old
05-05-2011, 11:21 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

vCash: 500
WSH- NJ (Varlamov)

Since Varlamov wants to head to KHL apparently, perhaps NJ can send the Caps back their 2012 2nd round pick for him??

IN NJ SV would probably share starting duties with Brodeur until Marty retires after next season.

Then he'll be the sure fire #1 goalie in NJ. I doubt he'd want to leave for the KHL if he's a #1 in the NHL which probably won't happen in Washington with Holtby and Neuwirth there.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Varlamov is seemingly always injured, and he's inconsistent even when healthy. I think we can do better.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:27 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Varlamov is seemingly always injured, and he's inconsistent even when healthy. I think we can do better.
Essentially you'd be giving up a second round pick for a chance to see if this guy can be the real deal. If he isnt, then he leaves for the KHL and you go sign someone in the summer of 2012. I think it's worth the risk.

As for WSH, his agent saying he might go to the KHL hurts his trade value. I don't think they'd get more than a 2nd rounder for him.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Doaner19

For a 3rd or 4th I'd say it could happen, not for a second. NJ would have the upper hand because if Washington held out, he'd leave and they'd get nothing for the time being

Doaner19 is offline   Reply With Quote