HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Richards

Old
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Mike Richards

I know it will never happen, but I think Mike Richards and the Flyers should part ways. The only thing that has been constant under his time as captain has been an inconsistant effort by the team. I think the Flyers would be better off with a new captain and i don't think the player would be able to stay on the team after they strip him of the "C". I also think Richards would benefit in a less hockey-crazed market as personified by his issues with the Philly media. Just curious of what every one thinks of his value.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:12 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I know it will never happen, but I think Mike Richards and the Flyers should part ways. The only thing that has been constant under his time as captain has been an inconsistant effort by the team. I think the Flyers would be better off with a new captain and i don't think the player would be able to stay on the team after they strip him of the "C". I also think Richards would benefit in a less hockey-crazed market as personified by his issues with the Philly media. Just curious of what every one thinks of his value.
Flames fan here:

Mike Richards epitomizes leadership. if you think he is the problem in Philly then this thread is a lost cause.

He is the type of player that will do anything to win. There are only a handfull of guys in the league that have that unique, fearless trait. If he was on my team I wouldn't give him up ever. Earlier in his career I wasn't a fan of some of his cheap hits, but he's learned. As a flames fan if I could replace iginla with another leader richards would easily be one of the candidates.

This thread needs

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Flames fan here:

Mike Richards epitomizes leadership. if you think he is the problem in Philly then this thread is a lost cause.

He is the type of player that will do anything to win. There are only a handfull of guys in the league that have that unique, fearless trait. If he was on my team I wouldn't give him up ever. Earlier in his career I wasn't a fan of some of his cheap hits, but he's learned. As a flames fan if I could replace iginla with another leader richards would easily be one of the candidates.

This thread needs
Not really. Pronger should have been the captain of that team.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Csonked Out

Nicklas Backstrom (Capitals) for Richards straight up

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
I would argue that the one constant since Richards joined the Flyers is (duh) winning.

What is your definition of a leader? Are you like some of my friends that think Richards isnt a good leader because he doesnt yell and scream at players in public? Do you know what he says in the locker room? Think that maybe the only thing he wants to publicly comment on is the crap goaltending, but keeps his mout shut about it so he can bring it up with the appropriate parties in a professional way?

Richards is not above being held accountable, but thinking the Flyers would be better without him is ridiculous.... Who are you going to bring in thats better than Richie and his cap hit? What Richards needs is to not have Versteeg on his line (Id rather him off the team completely), and a goaltender.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Nope.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Psuhockey

Where is the proof that Richards eptomizes leadership: junior championships, ahl championship? The Flyers have been lacking consistant effort for years. They have gone long periods of just mailing it in, which was one of the reasons Pronger was brought in. Throw in the fact Richards has called out coaches (Hitchcock and Lavi), the GM for poor cap management, the referees regularly for losses and a rookie defenseman for not giving him enough respect, he doesn't come off as a great leader. He comes off as an spoiled, entitled athlete who has been living off his junior exploits and the notoriety it has brought him with hockey canada types like Pierre McGuirre. I think he is a good player but no the born leader he is being sold as. the evidence is to the contrary.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Seguins Dragon*

pretty silly thread.

Mike Richards is not the problem in Philly.

If he were on the block, 29 GM's would be calling Homer 24/7.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
tmack224

Um Ill take him on Buffalo. And pretty much the only player I wouldnt give up is Myers.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Ill offer up Hamill,Kampfer,and Khudobin and minnys 2nd.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Eugh, this is how rumors start. Now people are going to think the Flyers want to move Mike Richards.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Devilsfan118

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Eugh, this is how rumors start. Now people are going to think the Flyers want to move Mike Richards.
What? The Flyers want to move richards?

I've gotta go make another trade proposal thread!

Devilsfan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
100angryvikings

lol, anybody who watched the playoffs knows what the problem in Philly is-that revolving door of 3 goaltenders, none of whom are capable of being a starter on any of the other 29 teams in the league.

Flyers need a starting goaltender desperately. Ive never seen so many goalie changes in one playoffs before. Richards is not the problem.

100angryvikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Corncob

Richards for Gomez straight up.

Flyers get: funnier post game interviews
MTL get: a mentor for PK Subban

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote