HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks @ Preds 5-3-11 - Lawyers Guns & Money

Old
05-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
If Trevor Linden says so, it must be true. Haha. I really hope that is the real Tevor. You must be 60 or so by now though.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:21 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I'm still pissed.... That's not a playoff OT penalty.

There's nothing to make up for. Bieksa stopped and leaned back to try to hit Smithson first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
What a great visual effect when you walked in tonight! I was told it took 6 hours to set up all the t-shirts and towels today and was very happy to see that it worked so well...
It was beautiful. It was like walking into Heinz Field!

Seriously, everyone said it looked awesome. Random other players, our players, TV people, my family in PA that watched...all said it looked really great!

And whoever had the bright idea to have the post game show outside.....don't ever do that again.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

This picture sums up the canucks organization and the majority of their fans

classless.

Let's go Preds!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post

classless.

Let's go Preds!
Wow. How blatant. I mean, I've never seen a more obvious attempt to hold Kesler's stick ...... with his face. Definitely a penalty!!!!

I love how Kesler and Luongo both deny any dive/embellishment on their part. What a bunch of clowns. What can you expect though?

It is one thing for the 4th line agitators and scrubs of a team to dive. It is another when your hart trophy winner, art ross winner, 40 goal scoring assistant captain, vezina candidate goaltender, and star winger are all notorious for being some of the biggest divers in the league. The entire team dives and embellishes. It is mystifying.

05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
NHLNucksFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
If Trevor Linden says so, it must be true. Haha. I really hope that is the real Tevor. You must be 60 or so by now though.
Haha! The real Trevor Linden would be too busy hanging out with Stephen Harper, running his new fitness club and developing new condo projects for the hot Vancouver real estate market to post on a hockey forum!

Linden only retired a few years back and he's still a young 41.

Good luck to you guys tonight and I hope we can have a great hard fought and fairly officiated game!

NHLNucksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:04 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Weird day today. Listened to 'Run this town' working out and Werewolves of London came on the radio afterward.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:32 AM
LoveMyLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post

And whoever had the bright idea to have the post game show outside.....don't ever do that again.
I've already voiced the same opinion to the Preds and with any luck, they'll listen. That SUCKED.

LoveMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:01 AM
BubbaOnTheBandwagon

A Finnish NHL reporter Jouni Nieminen (whom I've considered to be quite impartial) blogs about the game in Finnish:
http://blogit.hs.fi/nieminen/2011/05...washingtoniin/

If anyone's interested, here's a rough translation of some parts:
Quote:
The game was resolved in a manner I never want to see in an NHL game. Especially not in the playoffs.
--
It can be considered as a so called marginal verdict because Weber's stick was too high on Kesler's midsection. Considering how many marginal errors were left without penalties in these playoffs, why was this one situation worth intervening?
--
This should not be called in the playoffs. Maybe in the regular season but not in overtime in the playoffs. This wasn't even a scoring situation.
--
I'm aware that Bettman and others had informed the teams that the penalty standards in these playoffs will be on the level of the regular season.
--
It's easy to judge the refs afterwards when being able to replay the occasion several times. They have to make their decisions in real time and on the spot. Still, I think this was an error that resolved an important playoff game.
He goes on to say it's interesting to see if Peel will still be reffing in the playoffs. He also calls Kesler's behavior disgraceful,

BubbaOnTheBandwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Canucker1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Wow. How blatant. I mean, I've never seen a more obvious attempt to hold Kesler's stick ...... with his face. Definitely a penalty!!!!
It was on a follow through, so no penalty.

But Kesler should have been given a penalty for being evil.

Same with the rest of the Canucks. Obviously they are in cahoots with the Devil and Osama Bin Laden. I can't understand why they are allowed to remain in the league.

Canucker1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post

classless.

Let's go Preds!
How is that classless at all? I don't understand how following through on a shot is classless.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:10 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
How is that classless at all? I don't understand how following through on a shot is classless.
because joe doesn't see that the stick in caught in a visor. looks like kkesler is trying to disfigure his face when he was trying to get his stick out of a visor.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
That isn't just following through. He gave an extra spear to the face after the shot follow through was over.

A lot of good hockey teams end of being "classless" though so it doesn't really matter. It isn't a gentlemen's game.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
because joe doesn't see that the stick in caught in a visor. looks like kkesler is trying to disfigure his face when he was trying to get his stick out of a visor.
lol, wouldn't pulling down and back help with that issue? how is it gonna come loose by pushing up and forward?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Sorry, theres nothing wrong with that play.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:21 PM
wadesworld

I don't think you really determine whether Kessler had any ill intent. That happened fast - he might not have been able to examine how his stuck was stuck in there and what way he needed to rotate it to get it out.

That's not to say it's not possible he saw an opportunity to inflict a little more pain and did so - just that I don't think you can determine that.

All in all, Klein's the one most at fault for being where the follow through would hit him.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I don't think you really determine whether Kessler had any ill intent. That happened fast - he might not have been able to examine how his stuck was stuck in there and what way he needed to rotate it to get it out.

That's not to say it's not possible he saw an opportunity to inflict a little more pain and did so - just that I don't think you can determine that.

All in all, Klein's the one most at fault for being where the follow through would hit him.
Exactly, in slow motion it looks deliberate, but it's really not.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So, can we get a GDT or am I going to curse the series and put one up myself?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
(I think Kes should have been called for something on that play too, but I dont even think the refs expected to see such a cheap play so their attention may not have been around there)

Did someone say stick in a visor?

Sorry, I had to post it. No call on this one either.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote