HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goalie and Pronger conversation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2011, 04:40 PM
  #1
waxring
Registered User
 
waxring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Goalie and Pronger conversation

Hey guys comming here in peace. Today while having a conversation with my teacher who is a flyers fan, I suggested that obviously if the flyers had a good goalie they would not be trailing 3-0. He then said that it is not the goalies fault but the teams defensive play (which i find is one of the best in the game although not these playoffs). He then told me that Boucher can be a starter on pretty much any team in the nhl. I obviously did not agree to that and told him they should really consider trading for a goalie. He then said that they should not trade for a goalie and that they should trade for defencemen because apparently the flyers defence is slow and not mobile... And this point im like what the hell but kept on being polite considering he is my teacher. He then said that Pronger is not a great defencemen and that he is pretty much a negative to the flyers at this point of his career. I then told him that a playoff pronger is probably one of the best if not the best player to have. He then kept arguing that he isn't and that the flyers are struggling because the team defence is playing really bad he also told me that Pronger was not the main reason the flyers went to the cup finals last year.

Having not watched many flyers game and wanting opinions from fans i did not really argue him but i would like to know your opinions on this since maybe im missing something but I don't agree with any of these.

waxring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
  #2
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begin View Post
Hey guys comming here in peace. Today while having a conversation with my teacher who is a flyers fan, I suggested that obviously if the flyers had a good goalie they would not be trailing 3-0. He then said that it is not the goalies fault but the teams defensive play (which i find is one of the best in the game although not these playoffs). He then told me that Boucher can be a starter on pretty much any team in the nhl. I obviously did not agree to that and told him they should really consider trading for a goalie. He then said that they should not trade for a goalie and that they should trade for defencemen because apparently the flyers defence is slow and not mobile... And this point im like what the hell but kept on being polite considering he is my teacher. He then said that Pronger is not a great defencemen and that he is pretty much a negative to the flyers at this point of his career. I then told him that a playoff pronger is probably one of the best if not the best player to have. He then kept arguing that he isn't and that the flyers are struggling because the team defence is playing really bad he also told me that Pronger was not the main reason the flyers went to the cup finals last year.

Having not watched many flyers game and wanting opinions from fans i did not really argue him but i would like to know your opinions on this since maybe im missing something but I don't agree with any of these.
Your teacher is a r3tard

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
  #3
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,423
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begin View Post
Hey guys comming here in peace. Today while having a conversation with my teacher who is a flyers fan, I suggested that obviously if the flyers had a good goalie they would not be trailing 3-0. He then said that it is not the goalies fault but the teams defensive play (which i find is one of the best in the game although not these playoffs). He then told me that Boucher can be a starter on pretty much any team in the nhl. I obviously did not agree to that and told him they should really consider trading for a goalie. He then said that they should not trade for a goalie and that they should trade for defencemen because apparently the flyers defence is slow and not mobile... And this point im like what the hell but kept on being polite considering he is my teacher. He then said that Pronger is not a great defencemen and that he is pretty much a negative to the flyers at this point of his career. I then told him that a playoff pronger is probably one of the best if not the best player to have. He then kept arguing that he isn't and that the flyers are struggling because the team defence is playing really bad he also told me that Pronger was not the main reason the flyers went to the cup finals last year.

Having not watched many flyers game and wanting opinions from fans i did not really argue him but i would like to know your opinions on this since maybe im missing something but I don't agree with any of these.
Is your teacher, ya know, one of "THOSE" fans? You know what I mean... go to games in your nice shirt & tie or tux and sit on the newest iPhone while pretending to care about the game? One of those businesspeople who try to act as if they know what the hell is going on, when really, they have no ****ing clue, and stare at you like your crazy when you cheer a good, nonscoring play, like a PK clear? Or the "diehard" fans who if I asked who Blair Betts or Darroll Powe was, they'd look at me as if I was from mars? Is he one of "Those" fans?

He certainly seems like it.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
  #4
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,993
vCash: 500
Does your teacher think that Leighton is a valid starting goalie?


This is important.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:47 PM
  #5
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Your teacher is a moron.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:49 PM
  #6
Swiper the Fox
Registered User
 
Swiper the Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
pronger has been to many finals
he is a workshorse out there when healthy and dominating in his position come playoff time. Opponents fear him
Players who normally get boo'd when they are playing away, are the ones that most popular and good. Fans boo them because of their abilities on the ice.
Crosby,Ovechkin,Pronger, chara etc.. This is the marking of a valuable player.


Goaltending: for me, this is the only reason, the 'team' is not showing up motivated for any games .
Lack of confidence in goaltending.....mentality broke this team up.

this is my opinion only

I think for the most part, every needs to stay on the team, but they need a consistently good goalie
I don't care to keep carcillo or shelly or versteeg
i think Z has oveckin like offensive abilities but, hard pressed to get any back checking out of him.

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:50 PM
  #7
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 18,549
vCash: 500
So what class does Mr Boucher teach you ??

WOW

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
  #8
waxring
Registered User
 
waxring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
I know, and no he seems to know his stuff pretty well (stats and players and all) but his opinions always seem to be the opposite of what hockey fans would think. Another example is him telling me had the flyer had price in nets there would of been no difference because its all the defence faults. And yes he thinks Micheal Leighton is a good goalie just not as good as Boucher...

waxring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:55 PM
  #9
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,423
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begin View Post
I know, and no he seems to know his stuff pretty well (stats and players and all) but his opinions always seem to be the opposite of what hockey fans would think. Another example is him telling me had the flyer had price in nets there would of been no difference because its all the defence faults. And yes he thinks Micheal Leighton is a good goalie just not as good as Boucher...
If Michael Leighton is a good goalie I might as well try out for the phantoms.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:01 PM
  #10
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begin View Post
I know, and no he seems to know his stuff pretty well (stats and players and all) but his opinions always seem to be the opposite of what hockey fans would think. Another example is him telling me had the flyer had price in nets there would of been no difference because its all the defence faults. And yes he thinks Micheal Leighton is a good goalie just not as good as Boucher...
Wow, I didn't know that Paul Holmgren had time to teach and be a GM.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:03 PM
  #11
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,479
vCash: 50
Boucher barely stuck in the NHL as a backup let alone starter.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
  #12
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 13,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
So what class does Mr Boucher teach you ??

WOW
LOL....

that sir was well played..


Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
  #13
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begin View Post
I know, and no he seems to know his stuff pretty well (stats and players and all) but his opinions always seem to be the opposite of what hockey fans would think. Another example is him telling me had the flyer had price in nets there would of been no difference because its all the defence faults. And yes he thinks Micheal Leighton is a good goalie just not as good as Boucher...
That all there tells you everything you need to know about his hockey knowledge.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:39 PM
  #14
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,146
vCash: 500
Your teacher needs to get his certification in common sense......

Speaking of tards..was listening to WIP (only b/c Berube was interviewed) apart from Berube sounding like he has no clue like this guy's teacher on how to cure the Flyers malaise...Howard was actually trying to talk hockey. Obviously we all know he knows absolute Jack ***** about hockey but he proved it once again when he didn't even know Vokoun or Bryzgalov's names...he kept saying THOSE goalies in Florida and Phoenix..can't remember their names...LOL!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
  #15
nevermore
Cap space since 2005
 
nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Austria
Posts: 11,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begin View Post
Hey guys comming here in peace. Today while having a conversation with my teacher who is a flyers fan, I suggested that obviously if the flyers had a good goalie they would not be trailing 3-0. He then said that it is not the goalies fault but the teams defensive play (which i find is one of the best in the game although not these playoffs).
I was with him up to this point - because their defensive play against the Bruins has sucked the big one. After that it went downhill.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:43 PM
  #16
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
you might want to think about switching schools.

BA-DUM-CHHHHH

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:57 AM
  #17
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Does your teacher think that Leighton is a valid starting goalie?


This is important.
Haha! It is like you are a doctor checking out symptoms to figure out the real issue.

Pantokrator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:25 AM
  #18
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
Haha! It is like you are a doctor checking out symptoms to figure out the real issue.
Symptoms are indicating you teacher is in a final state of Homeritis! He needs to quit on backup goalies or may have to retire soon.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:18 AM
  #19
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,639
vCash: 500
wow....so glad I never had your teacher as a teacher

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
  #20
buff
Registered User
 
buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
I think all true exept for Prong cause every team want a player like him built for playoff and with his leadership... I'm probably un moron too but i don't care... But i'm a true Flyers fan just like everybody here...

Our "D" doesn't respect the coachs system since February and it's a fact. If you say his teacher is moron so you think the same of Ian Laperriere!!! Cause Lapy again yesterday at TVA, Province of Quebec channel, said the same think.

Nobody, also Ryan Miller, Roberto Loungo, Carey Price... Can't stop the kind of shot Zdeno Chara taken in the last game. Right on the slot... The fourth goal was bad so all the team abandonned boosh befor that. Last year, the players was better in defensive, take better decision when it's time to chip and respected more the attack of the other team.

And IMO as a team... If you wait after your goalie to be motivated... Be ashamed!!! True winner team like Detroit Red Wings never use this kind of excuse. The Flyers are too tallented to wait after their goalie... it's a Montreal Canadiens phylosophy and it's total ********!!!

My opinion with my bad english. So I appologize...

buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.