HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jim Schoenfeld on NYR plans

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2011, 02:55 PM
  #126
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,985
vCash: 500
Elite players

Ovechkin
Crosby
Malkin
Kane
Toews
Sedin twins
Staal
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Backstrom

Are those players available? Schoenfeld thought Gomez and Drury were worthy of the contracts they got from the Rangers. Scared to find out who he considers an "elite player".

Torts said last week on Kay's show that he liked being the spokesman for the organization. Every time Slats and Schoeny talk,they sound foolish. At the draft,Sather said many players wouldn't be qualified so the free agent pool would be bigger. Didn't happen. Before the start of this season,Sather said he was surprised more players were not waived for cap purposes.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
  #127
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,589
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Burns has suffered 2 concussions.

Burns is a wildly inconsistent defenseman which is a major why Minnesota will probably look to move him for a top forward.
"Wildly inconsistent"? He has his ups and downs, but he's a legitimate #1 defenseman.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:57 PM
  #128
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,589
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Elite players

Ovechkin
Crosby
Malkin
Kane
Toews
Sedin twins
Staal
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Backstrom

Are those players available? Schoenfeld thought Gomez and Drury were worthy of the contracts they got from the Rangers. Scared to find out who he considers an "elite player".

Torts said last week on Kay's show that he liked being the spokesman for the organization. Every time Slats and Schoeny talk,they sound foolish. At the draft,Sather said many players wouldn't be qualified so the free agent pool would be bigger. Didn't happen. Before the start of this season,Sather said he was surprised more players were not waived for cap purposes.
Jeez, way to take labels seriously. It's a word that's thrown around a lot, elite, that is.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM
  #129
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Jeez, way to take labels seriously. It's a word that's thrown around a lot, elite, that is.
Shouldn't it be reserved for the best in the game at what they do?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
  #130
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,589
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Shouldn't it be reserved for the best in the game at what they do?
Maybe it should, but it's not. People use "elite" as another way of saying "legitimate first liner" nowadays.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
  #131
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,985
vCash: 500
Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan. $4M is too much in a long term deal? An arbitrator thought Nikolai Zherdev was worth $3.9M for one year. Dubinsky is two years away from group III. Callahan is one year away. Travis Zajac got nearly $4M per and gave up 1 year of group III. He's getting $4.8M for that group III year. Mike Fisher is getting $4.2M(cap hit wise). He was a group III. 5 years/$21M. Similar players. Patrick Sharp had 1 good year in Chicago and got 4 years/$15.6M. $3.3M for 1 arbitration year. 3 group III years. $4M. $4.1M. $4.2M.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
  #132
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Shouldn't it be reserved for the best in the game at what they do?
Yeah, that's how I look at it. There can be multiple players that are up there as being one of the best at what they do. It doesn't have to be one guy.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:41 PM
  #133
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan. $4M is too much in a long term deal? An arbitrator thought Nikolai Zherdev was worth $3.9M for one year. Dubinsky is two years away from group III. Callahan is one year away. Travis Zajac got nearly $4M per and gave up 1 year of group III. He's getting $4.8M for that group III year. Mike Fisher is getting $4.2M(cap hit wise). He was a group III. 5 years/$21M. Similar players. Patrick Sharp had 1 good year in Chicago and got 4 years/$15.6M. $3.3M for 1 arbitration year. 3 group III years. $4M. $4.1M. $4.2M.
You did the same thing with Johnny Boychuk; claiming he's going to get the same $$ Jeff Finger initially got. It's not as blunt as you make it.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:48 PM
  #134
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=35725

Conn Smythe winner.

Brad Richards would need to at least be in the discussion when talking about elite players.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
  #135
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=35725

Conn Smythe winner.

Brad Richards would need to at least be in the discussion when talking about elite players.
But didn't you hear? He's not healthy enough to be elite...

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
  #136
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Evander Kane would be awesome. That kid can flat out play. Anisimov, 1st, Werek/Grachev

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 04:43 PM
  #137
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Evander Kane would be awesome. That kid can flat out play. Anisimov, 1st, Werek/Grachev
id love Kane and Ladd and id also love Anthony Stewart, another player Florida gave away for nothing

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:00 PM
  #138
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Evander Kane would be awesome. That kid can flat out play. Anisimov, 1st, Werek/Grachev
Think you need to add Cally/Dubi.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
  #139
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Think you need to add Cally/Dubi.
Agreed. I dont do that deal then. The game is too add to the core not trade it away. Which makes things so much harder since all teams want our core players.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
  #140
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Don't see why we would trade for Hemsky when Fleischmann is a UFA. Though if Flash gets signed, I'd trade Grachev and a pick for Hemsky. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st rounder, though I could see NYR doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I like Schoenfeld.
Shoeny and Clark

You can start about 7 threads from what he says in this video.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:43 PM
  #141
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,589
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Don't see why we would trade for Hemsky when Fleischmann is a UFA. Though if Flash gets signed, I'd trade Grachev and a pick for Hemsky. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st rounder, though I could see NYR doing it.



Shoeny and Clark

You can start about 7 threads from what he says in this video.
What's with you and Fleichsmann? He's not that good.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:43 PM
  #142
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Don't see why we would trade for Hemsky when Fleischmann is a UFA. Though if Flash gets signed, I'd trade Grachev and a pick for Hemsky. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st rounder, though I could see NYR doing it.



Shoeny and Clark

You can start about 7 threads from what he says in this video.
Fleisch and Hemmer aren't even comparable. Fleisch is no where near Hemmers talent.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
  #143
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Fleisch and Hemmer aren't even comparable. Fleisch is no where near Hemmers talent.
What's with the pet names?

__________________
New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
  #144
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
What's with you and Fleichsmann? He's not that good.
He's a good player but he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Hemsky.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
  #145
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,982
vCash: 500
I would want nothing to do with Hemsky. Too many injuries in the past for him for what he will cost.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:16 PM
  #146
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Steven stop jacking my avatars.. I'll fight you over **** like that..

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:39 PM
  #147
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,589
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Steven stop jacking my avatars.. I'll fight you over **** like that..
You can't pull it off - I'm just using it to it's full potential.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:16 PM
  #148
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Maybe it should, but it's not. People use "elite" as another way of saying "legitimate first liner" nowadays.
I am definitely not one of those people. Elite to me is best of the league. 80+ points and not just once in your career. A consistent mid 70s+ could make a case. Then there is "elite talent" which is someone who has played at that elite level but for whatever reason, has not been able to do in consistently season to season.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:22 AM
  #149
Claxton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Rick Nash is elite and we need a top line LW, maybe he's coming here along with Richards.

Then sign Burns the next offseason as a UFA.

Theres your 3 elite players that wouldn`t be added all at once.

Claxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:30 AM
  #150
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
What's with you and Fleichsmann? He's not that good.
In the past two years Hemsky and Fleischmann have scored the following stats.

GP G -A -PTs pp/g gp/82 Healthy player production(PP/G x Avg% games over 2 year period played)
69 21 43 64 .93 42%-------.39 Hemsky
114 35 47 82 .72 70%-------.504 Fleischmann

Hemsky has a slightly better output then Fleischmann, not significantly higher. But Fleischmann is a significantly lower health risk and is much more likely to play a full season. Consider that and his total offensive output is consider to be much more likely to contribute to the team then that of Hemsky even thought Hemsky is somewhat more skilled.

Furthermore add to it that Fleischmann is a UFA and costs no assets to acquire and it's clear that Fleischmann is the better option.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.