HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitts & Buff

Old
05-05-2011, 07:19 AM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoMartin View Post
Correct, I woul consider Kane and Campbell for Myers and maybe Kassian, especially if Myers started coming at the sabres with a 10 year $100 million contract.

I would not touch Malkin or any other Russian player...has anyone looked at the average number of years a typical Eastern European player puts in in the NHL; and then the average number of years a EE player puts up after a major injury.

I would only consider Roy for Malkin.....and even then I would rather trade Roy for Stall. Sabres need to get a big center....Stasny, Thornton, Spezza, Richards stand far ahead on my list over Malkin.

Now if Pittsburgh wants to do a salary dump.....Roy for Malkin maybe, but doubtful.
You'd trade Staal for Roy before trading Roy for Malkin?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:16 PM
goldy2266

Quote:
Correct, I woul consider Kane and Campbell for Myers and maybe Kassian, especially if Myers started coming at the sabres with a 10 year $100 million contract.

I would not touch Malkin or any other Russian player...has anyone looked at the average number of years a typical Eastern European player puts in in the NHL; and then the average number of years a EE player puts up after a major injury.

I would only consider Roy for Malkin.....and even then I would rather trade Roy for Stall. Sabres need to get a big center....Stasny, Thornton, Spezza, Richards stand far ahead on my list over Malkin.

Now if Pittsburgh wants to do a salary dump.....Roy for Malkin maybe, but doubtful.
Your nutz!

goldy2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
SomeDude

Quote:

Welcome to HFboards, Mr. Cherry.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:54 PM
19canuck90

am i wrong to say that the only way i could see malkin being moved would be in a trade for parise(without getting into who needs to add what), this is the only way i can see either of these players getting moved, i think it would greatly help both teams, malkin with kovalchuk would be amazing and so would crosby with parise

im new here so dont flame but this is my opinion

19canuck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You mean as opposed to a Western European like Cristobal Huet? Or did you just write EE instead of "Russian" so you could include Mariusz Czerkawski too?

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19canuck90 View Post
am i wrong to say that the only way i could see malkin being moved would be in a trade for parise(without getting into who needs to add what), this is the only way i can see either of these players getting moved, i think it would greatly help both teams, malkin with kovalchuk would be amazing and so would crosby with parise

Bingo.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
You mean as opposed to a Western European like Cristobal Huet? Or did you just write EE instead of "Russian" so you could include Mariusz Czerkawski too?
Now there's a name from the past. I think at one time he and Berezin were going to take over the world.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:24 PM
nick942

I assume the OP is a troll because honestly Malkin is an amazing player and I don't understand how a franchise center like Malkin would be traded for that package, what's even funnier is the fact that he thinks apart from Malkin Pittsburgh would have to add to that package

nick942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick942 View Post

I assume the OP is a troll because honestly Malkin is an amazing player and I don't understand how a franchise center like Malkin would be traded for that package, what's even funnier is the fact that he thinks apart from Malkin Pittsburgh would have to add to that package
Thats not a bad package.... Buffalo fans might have something to say about that??!!

I'm a Pitts fan and a Malkin fan as well

Old
05-06-2011, 11:38 AM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19canuck90 View Post

Agreed

Old
05-06-2011, 12:39 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick942 View Post

I assumed the OP was a troll because theres no way BUF gives away that much (Franchise Dman, Best two prospects, servicable winger) for Malkin, especially when we haven't seen him play since his serious injury this year.

The thread has revealed that the OP is a Pens fan, btw.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Rdahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPens View Post
That's why you're average....
Maybe the sabres should follow the pens recipe for success and tank for a half decades worth of top 5 picks...

Not willing to take a flier on a mercurial player coming off a serious injury who would nonetheless still command a hefty price in current and future assets is not an acceptance of mediocrity, its just weighing the potential risk vs. reward of such a deal and deciding against it.

Rdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 06:23 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy2266 View Post
Another Malkin trade !!!! I'm a Pens fan and have been through the hard years after Lemieux.

To Pitts:
Tyler Myers
Zack Kassian
Luke Adam
Brad Boyes

To Buff:
Evgeni Malkin
Matt Niskanen
2nd Round draft pick.

Myers is thier man on defence, but would they trade him for a franchise centerman (would make Vanek look SICK!)
Terrible.Kassian+Myers is overpay.Adam projects to be a top 6 forward (AHL ROTY), Boyes is meh but is value is around a 2nd.I'd pass, and try to go after a defenseman with our assets/cap space.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote