HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Interesting to see that the NYR's are

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2005, 09:54 AM
  #1
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Interesting to see that the NYR's are

also clearing out roster space at Hartford and Charlotte. Took a peak over at outside the garden and I was happy to see that the organization is not staying with guys that could be deemed career minor leaguers. Many were early Sather UFA minor league signings when he was trying to add depth and hoping that maybe one, or two would turn out to be be something. Since we now are starting to see our drafted players graduate form college, or have used up their JR eligibility, it is a good sign that we have gutted the minor league rosters. This is how we will start to finally see improvement. We will have internally developed players coming up through our system onto the big club.

Actually I never think we have done this an as organization. Sure we've had good picks come from within, but never a minor league development system like the one we have in place now. Even though I expect that this season will be hard for fans in terms of wins and loses, I think we have reason to feel good going forward. After all, even Slats has to retire, no?( )

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 11:14 AM
  #2
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
hopefully these guys will be replaced by guys within the system...lundqvist, montoya, jessiman and kozak have been signed...recent articles on the official site mentioned trying to sign guenin, holt and greg moore....

plus callahan, graham and paiement will be overagers so they can make the jump...

and of course if the transfer agreement is in place you can try to get immonen, prucha and furrer over...

it would be great to see hartford loaded up with prospects.

NYR469 is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 11:44 AM
  #3
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
hopefully these guys will be replaced by guys within the system...lundqvist, montoya, jessiman and kozak have been signed...recent articles on the official site mentioned trying to sign guenin, holt and greg moore....

plus callahan, graham and paiement will be overagers so they can make the jump...

and of course if the transfer agreement is in place you can try to get immonen, prucha and furrer over...

it would be great to see hartford loaded up with prospects.
Furrer is ready to cross the pond? That'd be great news, but is he really up to AHL standards already?

...and will he bring his day-glo green skates with him?

007 is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 12:31 PM
  #4
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Furrer is ready to cross the pond? That'd be great news, but is he really up to AHL standards already?

...and will he bring his day-glo green skates with him?
i don't know if he's ready or not, but once the transfer agreement is in place they can talk to him and TRY to sign him. i'm not saying he will sign, but the option is there.

imo he needs to be brought over, he impressed during the wjc and he isn't playing in the greatest league in switzerland. if he was playing in the swedish elite league or something i'd say let him develop there but i see no benefit to leaving him in switzerland if he'd be willing to play in hartford

NYR469 is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 12:32 PM
  #5
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
also add dawes and baranka to the list of guys signed and making the jump

NYR469 is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
  #6
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
After all, even Slats has to retire, no?( )
Since the Dolans apparently won't fire him, sadly, retirement seems to be the only way to get rid of him.

If we all pitch in to buy him a really nice Rolex, think he'll get out sooner? I'm in for $20.

dedalus is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 01:04 PM
  #7
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Since the Dolans apparently won't fire him, sadly, retirement seems to be the only way to get rid of him.

If we all pitch in to buy him a really nice Rolex, think he'll get out sooner? I'm in for $20.
Why waste a real Rolex. Get him a knockoff.

I'm in for 2 bits.

klingsor is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 01:47 PM
  #8
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
i don't know if he's ready or not, but once the transfer agreement is in place they can talk to him and TRY to sign him. i'm not saying he will sign, but the option is there.

imo he needs to be brought over, he impressed during the wjc and he isn't playing in the greatest league in switzerland. if he was playing in the swedish elite league or something i'd say let him develop there but i see no benefit to leaving him in switzerland if he'd be willing to play in hartford
I think Furrer only signed a one year contract last season with Bern, so theoretically he should be exempt from the transfer fees. I did a quick check on eurohockey.net, and I didn't see that he'd signed a new contract.

Fish is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 02:35 PM
  #9
Kovy274Hart
Registered User
 
Kovy274Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Shaolin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
One thing Sather has done that Smith never did was build up our organizational depth. Now, we actually have real prospects playing in both Hartford and Charlotte and not retreads.

Kovy274Hart is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 02:38 PM
  #10
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I think Furrer only signed a one year contract last season with Bern, so theoretically he should be exempt from the transfer fees. I did a quick check on eurohockey.net, and I didn't see that he'd signed a new contract.
thats good but still leaves 2 big questions...is furrer willing to play in the AHL and do the rangers think he is ready to make the jump?

NYR469 is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 04:25 PM
  #11
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
thats good but still leaves 2 big questions...is furrer willing to play in the AHL and do the rangers think he is ready to make the jump?
I've read a couple of interviews with Furrer since he was drafted, one on the Rangers website, and in both of them he said all the right things. He seemed to be enthusiastic and realistic about his chances to reach the NHL. Taking those words at face value, he sounds like the kind of guy who would be willing to try to work in the AHL to be ready for the NHL.

More on Furrer from the SC Bern website:
http://www.scbern.ch/furrer.php

It says at the end that the Rangers have already signalled their interest in him, and that 'we are thus pleased for one more season with Philippe Furrer.'


Last edited by 007: 08-14-2005 at 04:36 PM.
007 is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
  #12
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
I've read a couple of interviews with Furrer since he was drafted, one on the Rangers website, and in both of them he said all the right things. He seemed to be enthusiastic and realistic about his chances to reach the NHL. Taking those words at face value, he sounds like the kind of guy who would be willing to try to work in the AHL to be ready for the NHL.

More on Furrer from the SC Bern website:
http://www.scbern.ch/furrer.php

It says at the end that the Rangers have already signalled their interest in him, and that 'we are thus pleased for one more season with Philippe Furrer.'
Good work 007...okay I couldn't resist

Fish is offline  
Old
08-14-2005, 07:13 PM
  #13
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
I've read a couple of interviews with Furrer since he was drafted, one on the Rangers website, and in both of them he said all the right things. He seemed to be enthusiastic and realistic about his chances to reach the NHL. Taking those words at face value, he sounds like the kind of guy who would be willing to try to work in the AHL to be ready for the NHL.

More on Furrer from the SC Bern website:
http://www.scbern.ch/furrer.php

It says at the end that the Rangers have already signalled their interest in him, and that 'we are thus pleased for one more season with Philippe Furrer.'

I have read that Furrer was going to go to the NCAA for this up coming season to get used to the NA game. http://www.outsidethegarden.com/pros...ile.asp?PID=16

FUTURE
Furrer has indicated that he would like to play in the NCAA and ultimately the NHL. The move could come as soon as next season if things fall into place with his contract with Bern expiring, and an appearance in the World Juniors in December for his native Switzerland which could help get him noticed.


Does anyone know which school he would go to??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
08-15-2005, 06:55 AM
  #14
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Well I can answer this I guess...it was expected that he would have done so this season, but given that he's staying in Switzerland I would think he's now more likely to come over and play in the ECHL or AHL next year if he comes over at all.

Fish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.