HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brooks Laich to Habs (e3)

Old
05-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Celtic Cross

vCash: 500
Brooks Laich to Habs (e3)

I know its an Eklund rumour blah blah blah, but I would actually love it if Montreal could add him, he would add size, good faceoffman, and has an offensive touch.

Celtic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

e3? That means someone made a post about doing this in some free to play fantasy league.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
How can he predict something when no transactions can occur for almost 2 months?

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
How can he predict something when no transactions can occur for almost 2 months?
That's simple. Just make them up...

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:02 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
I'm pretty sure showing interest in a player is not tampering, however having contract talks or even some sort of talk that tries to entail the player to come to the respective team is tampering.
If they say that publicly that's tampering.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Every single Eklund thread seems to star with "I know it's Eklund, but". Every time, without fail. Why bother? It just turns into an Eklund bash fest.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
sda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
I'm pretty sure showing interest in a player is not tampering, however having contract talks or even some sort of talk that tries to entail the player to come to the respective team is tampering.
showing interest in a player who is still under contract to another team is the definition of tampering

sda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Is it? I'm sure GMs talk to agents all the time.

Talking to a player is wrong, But I'm sure talking to his current GM, and
his agent wouldn't be.

When Rob Blake was signed just after midnight (12:04), you can't tell me that nothing was done beforehand.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
I know its an Eklund rumour blah blah blah, but I would actually love it if Montreal could add him, he would add size, good faceoffman, and has an offensive touch.
The Habs and almost every team in the league would love to add Laich. I don't think he reaches free agency though.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:43 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Every single Eklund thread seems to star with "I know it's Eklund, but". Every time, without fail. Why bother? It just turns into an Eklund bash fest.
than why do you comment in the thread?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Seikalym

So..... he's saying that Laich's rights will be traded to Montrael? Or a sign and trade. Neither makes sense. If Laich is on a new team next year, it's from free agency.

Seikalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Noldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFifthStaal View Post
The Habs and almost every team in the league would love to add Laich. I don't think he reaches free agency though.
Even if there would be a trade of rights, normally those do not happen until playoffs are over, so we will be waiting for additional news.

Quick look on Caps show that they have approximately 8.5 million ( + increase in cap) available with second line center being largest hole to fill and Alzner being prime RFA needing new contract.

In the current situations, could Caps be interested in rights to rights swap, Laich for Pouliot?

Noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Consider it as a suggestion. Obviously it's not a "rumour". I'd be happy if the Habs went after Laich. They'd have to pay a premium salary to land him, and they'd have to let somebody else go to make room. But I'd be ok with both of those things. He's a solid player with some size, and they need somebody like him up front. I expect it would be kind of like the Hartnell free agency situation. You'd be surprised at what he gets if he does actually hit the open market, just because the options are so slim this year, and his type of player is relatively rare. But end of the day, if you pay a "$3M player" $4M, or a "$4M player" $5M, it's still not that much on a $60M cap.

I doubt he hits the open market too. Even if the Caps haven't taken the next step in the playoffs (yet), they're still a good team to play for and he'll keep getting chances to win there.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

How much could the Habs sign him for?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

I think Laich gets a big offer from Toronto or NYR if he makes it to free agency.

I could see NYR canning Avery and using the cap space for Laich.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
How much could the Habs sign him for?
I don't see how you could start the bidding below $4M? Then it's a matter of picking who you let go from the current payroll plan to fit that. Could be Kostitsyn up front, or let Hamrlik/Wisniewski walk off the D, who knows. By July 1st the situation should be a lot clearer anyway, and Laich will probably have re-signed with Washington by then to make it all moot.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

How hard is it to repeat what is actually written?

The guy says the Canadiens are probably going to target him. That doesn't mean the same thing as 'Laich to Montreal' -- it's a free agency wish list, assuming that it's accurate.

For what it's worth, it's not tampering to have a private wish list. It's not tampering if a rumor gets out as to what's on that wish list. It's not tampering for a player to talk to a player under contract or to state openly that he'd love to see a particular player sign with his team.

It's tampering for a team official to talk to the player while he's still under contract, and it's tampering if a team official publicly calls the media horde over and states unequivocally that the team has an interest in a player still under contract. It's tampering for a player to act on behalf of his club in making public statements or direct overtures to player under contract, though of course all but impossible to prove in practice.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:08 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I think Laich gets a big offer from Toronto or NYR if he makes it to free agency.
I could see NYR canning Avery and using the cap space for Laich.
I hope not.. I like Laich.. great glue guy, but I don't want to shell out major $ for him so he can sit on our 3rd line.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote