HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi -- Pit

Old
05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Phi -- Pit

To Philadelphia:
Eric Tangradi

To Pittsburgh:
Kris Versteeg
Philadelphia 2011 3rd round draft pick

Flyers have the ability to contruct a line with two real big/young wingers for giroux:

JvR - Giroux - Tangradi

Pens get a proven winger with skill for crosby

how does the value look?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
To Philadelphia:
Eric Tangradi

To Pittsburgh:
Kris Versteeg

Flyers have the ability to contruct a line with two real big/young wingers for giroux:

JvR - Giroux - Tangradi

how does the value look?
uhm... what?

Kris Versteeg, a consistent 20 goal 45-50 point player with defensive upside PLUS a 3rd round pick for an unproven winger who has played 16 games in the NHL and just finished 39 and 33 point campaigns in the AHL?

this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

would i dump versteegs cap hit to aquire a young guy like tangradi? sure. but to give versteeg + a 3rd is a little retarded.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

Quote:
To Philadelphia:
Eric Tangradi

To Pittsburgh:
Kris Versteeg

JvR - Giroux - Tangradi

how does the value look?
Wow what's with the Versteeg hate tonight? Tangradi has proven nothing at the NHL level, at least with Versteeg you are guaranteed some decent offensive production. Versteeg has holes in the game but c'mon. Plus a 3rd rounder??

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:59 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Wow what's with the Versteeg hate tonight? Tangradi has proven nothing at the NHL level, at least with Versteeg you are guaranteed some decent offensive production. Versteeg has holes in the game but c'mon. Plus a 3rd rounder??
the cap is going to help us a lot...and tangradi could turn out to be JUST the type of player we need. Versteeg IS NOT fitting with the flyers, but more importantly the BIGGEST forward we have right now is JvR.

Tangradi is a bigger guy than JvR, and can be good in front of the net/screening the goalie.

edit: also versteeg is pretty likely to move (IMO)...not guaranteed, but who else?

dont overate his value, hes been on 3 teams in the last 12 months...and the league knows it.

Old
nuclear reactor

As a Flyers fan who has watched Versteeg for a few months, I'd decline the trade out of pity for Pittsburgh.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kaen

I don't see any trade taking place between these two teams. I also don't think Pittsburgh can afford to give up a talented prospect, they need the cheap talent.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:09 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

can Tangradi play net? might be worth it

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:23 PM
NoTouchIcing

Philly doesn't have a 3rd rounder.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:45 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
good call, i was thinking in my head "which ones HAVENT we given away" and that slipped my mind...we DO have a 2nd this draft right?

Old
05-05-2011, 11:00 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Versteeg for Tangradi straight up. I'd do that. Anything to get Versteeg out of town.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
Don't they still have Pittsburgh's (acquired for Hamhuis' rights)?

As for the trade, its very tempting. I'd probably... I'm hesitating, not because I think Tangradi is something special, but more because I'm not a fan of Versteeg. I wanted him last offseason, but after watching him in Toronto and during this playoff season with the Flyers, I'm unimpressed. Another young, scoring winger would be nice, but I wonder if Tangradi and a pick from the Pens side could bring back someone a little better. Waiting for Tangradi to develop is fine by me, as well.

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:34 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
Don't they still have Pittsburgh's (acquired for Hamhuis' rights)?

As for the trade, its very tempting. I'd probably... I'm hesitating, not because I think Tangradi is something special, but more because I'm not a fan of Versteeg. I wanted him last offseason, but after watching him in Toronto and during this playoff season with the Flyers, I'm unimpressed. Another young, scoring winger would be nice, but I wonder if Tangradi and a pick from the Pens side could bring back someone a little better. Waiting for Tangradi to develop is fine by me, as well.
who'd you have in mind? Hartnell or carle??

Old
05-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Nah. A 3rd isn't enough incentive to deal Tangradi for a guy who hasn't been able to secure a top 6 role at 3+ mil per.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

Quote:
who'd you have in mind? Hartnell or carle??
Letang, Michalek, Martin, Orpik... the top 4 defense is not an area of need. Hartnell in a Pens uniform would be trippy, but his $4.2 mil hit doesn't fit within Pittsburgh's current cap.

Bringing in a 3rd team would be the next best option after Versteeg.

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:14 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
Letang, Michalek, Martin, Orpik... the top 4 defense is not an area of need. Hartnell in a Pens uniform would be trippy, but his $4.2 mil hit doesn't fit within Pittsburgh's current cap.

Bringing in a 3rd team would be the next best option after Versteeg.
hmm, that could work...what did you have in mind? Maybe philly could try and adress their Goalie situation aswell in the deal...

Old
05-06-2011, 01:15 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Not that the valuable is absolutely horrible... but I don't see why Philly makes this trade.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:23 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Not that the valuable is absolutely horrible... but I don't see why Philly makes this trade.
we lack a net presence, we are getting bullied by boston (ugh), versteeg isnt working with us, we could use the cap to resign Leino, Giroux line needs a big winger (imo) now that JvR is emerging...off the top of my head Idk about all other fans, but from what i can tell, we're not to high on Versteeg. Tangradi being a Philly guy (with a little mean streak/excellent size) could be a real asset to us.

(i feel like Tangradi is worth more to us than most teams b/c he's a philly guy...he'd be welcomed like a Hero around here)

Edit:after re-reading my post i just wanted to say that I personally like Tangradi and think he could have a higher ceiling than Versteeg, and i dont think we really need Versteeg)

Last edited by tuckrr: 05-06-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old
05-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Because they have ~59M already locked up next ywar and have to re-sign/replace:
Zherdev
Leino
Boucher
Boynton
O'Donnell
Carcillo
Nodl
Powe

I'm sure they'll let a few walk but that's still a fair amount of players to sign, especially if they want to get a goalie who can stop a puck.

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:16 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
Because they have ~59M already locked up next ywar and have to re-sign/replace:
Zherdev
Leino
Boucher
Boynton
O'Donnell
Carcillo
Nodl
Powe

I'm sure they'll let a few walk but that's still a fair amount of players to sign, especially if they want to get a goalie who can stop a puck.
Nodl, Powe and Leino will more than likely be re-signed over the others. To make room for much, and considering the cap is supposed to go up about 3M, trade of Versteeg and Carle.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Nodl, Powe and Leino will more than likely be re-signed over the others. To make room for much, and considering the cap is supposed to go up about 3M, trade of Versteeg and Carle.
So you agree that Philly might make this trade because of the cap.

Old
05-06-2011, 04:20 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
So you agree that Philly might make this trade because of the cap.
Not this specific trade, but a trade nonetheless. In all honesty, I'd rather send out both Carle and Versteeg for picks, sign a goalie, re-sign Leino, Powe and Nodl, and then bring up someone from the AHL that I think can fit right in, like Wellwood or Holmstrom. With Carle gone, Gustafsson can take over his duties and Bartulis can see more play time. Then spend 3.5M to 5M on a goalie.

Old
05-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Not this specific trade, but a trade nonetheless. In all honesty, I'd rather send out both Carle and Versteeg for picks, sign a goalie, re-sign Leino, Powe and Nodl, and then bring up someone from the AHL that I think can fit right in, like Wellwood or Holmstrom. With Carle gone, Gustafsson can take over his duties and Bartulis can see more play time. Then spend 3.5M to 5M on a goalie.
Who are you thinking about in net? w/o spending 3.5M+ you can't hope to land Vokoun or Bryz. After that you go down to:
Leclaire - always hurt
Roloson - prolly re-sing in TB
Smith - blows
Conklin - backup
Osgood - blows
Hedberg - pretty good backup
Harding - hurt all year
Turco - blows
Theo - old

IMO the best thing the Flyers can do would be to sign Bryz to mentor Bob. Of course as a Pens fan I hope they go with a Smith/Leclaire tandem lol.

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.p...G&fa_type_id=2

Old
05-06-2011, 04:50 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Who are you thinking about in net? w/o spending 3.5M+ you can't hope to land Vokoun or Bryz. After that you go down to:
Leclaire - always hurt
Roloson - prolly re-sing in TB
Smith - blows
Conklin - backup
Osgood - blows
Hedberg - pretty good backup
Harding - hurt all year
Turco - blows
Theo - old

IMO the best thing the Flyers can do would be to sign Bryz to mentor Bob. Of course as a Pens fan I hope they go with a Smith/Leclaire tandem lol.

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.p...G&fa_type_id=2
You do realize that Vokoun will be 35 on July 2nd? I highly doubt he will get more than 5M. And considering his age, we'd probably only sign him for 2 years, right at the point where Bob can take over when he's gone. Vokoun I think can mentor Bob just as well as Bryz. In your opinion, for someone that is turning 35, will still get his 5.7M that he had in Florida? Even Halak, who is in his mid 20s signed for less than 4M. Price, who will be an RFA in the 2012-2013 season, is current taking an under 3M contract and will probably re-sign for about 5M. Even Edmonton knew better not to spend 4M or more on a goalie in Bulin. ****, even MAF is 5M, and he's 26. Thomas is at 5M, but he is currently a better goalie than Vokoun and older. Hiller is 29 and is getting 4.5M. We're in an era where spending more than 5 million is getting rarer. Vokoun is cheaper for two reasons, he would only be around for a couple of years because of his age, and because of his age, he'd probably be cheaper than Bryz, who is 4+ years younger than him.

Hope I got the point across .

Old
05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
You do realize that Vokoun will be 35 on July 2nd? I highly doubt he will get more than 5M. And considering his age, we'd probably only sign him for 2 years, right at the point where Bob can take over when he's gone. Vokoun I think can mentor Bob just as well as Bryz. In your opinion, for someone that is turning 35, will still get his 5.7M that he had in Florida? Even Halak, who is in his mid 20s signed for less than 4M. Price, who will be an RFA in the 2012-2013 season, is current taking an under 3M contract and will probably re-sign for about 5M. Even Edmonton knew better not to spend 4M or more on a goalie in Bulin. ****, even MAF is 5M, and he's 26. Thomas is at 5M, but he is currently a better goalie than Vokoun and older. Hiller is 29 and is getting 4.5M. We're in an era where spending more than 5 million is getting rarer. Vokoun is cheaper for two reasons, he would only be around for a couple of years because of his age, and because of his age, he'd probably be cheaper than Bryz, who is 4+ years younger than him.

Hope I got the point across .
but why do you want picks? tangradi is the type of player we'd probly pick lol...plus his contract doesnt end until next year, so we could sign him and JvR the same year (hopefully) to somewhat long contracts (i want JvR to be a flyer for a LONG long time ;D )

Old
05-06-2011, 05:13 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
but why do you want picks? tangradi is the type of player we'd probly pick lol...plus his contract doesnt end until next year, so we could sign him and JvR the same year (hopefully) to somewhat long contracts (i want JvR to be a flyer for a LONG long time ;D )
If it was with the original proposal, after the cap goes up, Pens have just under 4.5M to get 4 more forwards signed (they have two goalies and 7 d-men signed). Kennedy and Jeffrey are RFA and may get a bit more. I mean, I'd go for Versteeg + pick for Tangradi, but it all goes now upon Pens and how they would deal with the cap.