HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Nyr

Old
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Rangers aren't trading Stepan unless we're absolutely blown away and I don't feel a breeze.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I like Kadri and certainly wouldn't mind him on the Rangers, but right now, I'd prefer Stepan over him.
Of course, because hes a Rangers prospect thats doing well, why should the Rangers trade him? However, I don't think you'll find many Leaf fans that think Kadri won't overtake him in a year or two.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Of course, because hes a Rangers prospect thats doing well, why should the Rangers trade him? However, I don't think you'll find many Leaf fans that think Kadri won't overtake him in a year or two.
ok....and you won't find many rangers fans that think Kadri will overtake him.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
ok....and you won't find many rangers fans that think Kadri will overtake him.
I'm not commenting on this from a Rangers perspective, just highlighting how horrid a deal it is from a Leafs viewpoint.

Kadri -> Stepan is lateral at best
Gunnarson + 2nd -> Drury is just plain stupid

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Dont drink and make proposals. Why would the Leafs even consider helping NYR sign Richards by taking Drury and trade Kadri, Gunnarsson and a 2nd in the process

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
I'm not commenting on this from a Rangers perspective, just highlighting how horrid a deal it is from a Leafs viewpoint.

Kadri -> Stepan is lateral at best
Gunnarson + 2nd -> Drury is just plain stupid
Well obviously the trade is horrible. But i was referring to the Kadri, Stepan comparison.

Drury doesn't deserve any assets coming his way in a trade.

Old
05-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
This would probably work if there was another year or two on Drury's contract and if we aren't one of the richest teams in the NHL. The Rangers aren't in as much of cap trouble as everyone who isn't following the Rangers' cap seems to think.

05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Brian Burke(whom I do not know btw) says absolutely not to Drury and says that while he likes Stepan he has the same thing in Kadri and so in the final tally, why is really the question and the answer to this is a big no

However if the Rags would like to talk Brian Boyle he'd consider the Boston 1st and Lashoff

cue the "draft picks mean nothing and Lashoff is junk" crowd, speaking as if they're NHL GM's

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
no he can't be worse then what was Bozak? -30? with 15 goals and 29 points? he was AWFUL
First full year in the league. Give him time.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Brian Burke(whom I do not know btw) says absolutely not to Drury and says that while he likes Stepan he has the same thing in Kadri and so in the final tally, why is really the question and the answer to this is a big no

However if the Rags would like to talk Brian Boyle he'd consider the Boston 1st and Lashoff

cue the "draft picks mean nothing and Lashoff is junk" crowd, speaking as if they're NHL GM's
Not saying Lashoff is junk, but the Rangers have absolutely no need for him. They are filled on the blueline and need to start trading some of our d-prospects, not bringing more in. He would not be ahead of Del Zotto, V-Tank or McIlrath in terms of a spot on our roster, imo.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
The fail in this thread is simply laughable.

1) Drury has a NMC and would never in his right mind waive it to go to TOR

2) Why the hell would we take on that srcub Komisarek for 3 years when we get rid of Drury after this year (if we don't buy him out altogether). No need to give up assets for him.

3) I really don't want Kadri, who in my eyes will either be around the same production as Stepan, and Gunnarsson has no appeal to me at all.

Terrible trade by the OP, makes no sense logistically.
While i in no way endorse this deal, i find it interesting that everyone with a NMC in their contract "in no way waive it for TO" ....why? Because the rangers are leaps and bounds ahead of the leafs? Just a note, you won 1 more playoff game than the Leafs. Yes, i know, at least you made it. But the Leafs are not saddled with Drury and Gaborik contracts to deal with.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Lol your nuts.

and its stepan.

Will keep the drury contract or buy him out...thanks. We can fit richards in if we buy out drury. Even though i know you don't believe that.
The way you guys deal with "unwanted contracts" ie: Redden and now talking about buying out Drury, what makes you think anyone wants to go to the Rangers ie: Richards?

Old
05-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
While i in no way endorse this deal, i find it interesting that everyone with a NMC in their contract "in no way waive it for TO" ....why? Because the rangers are leaps and bounds ahead of the leafs? Just a note, you won 1 more playoff game than the Leafs. Yes, i know, at least you made it. But the Leafs are not saddled with Drury and Gaborik contracts to deal with.
Saddled? Gaborik is an elite player who had a down year. He scored 42 goals last year on a team that was offensively inept. I could say the same about Kessel if you want to talk about contracts. Just because a player has a big contract on their team doesn't mean they are saddled. I'm sure Gabby will bounce back next year and wouldn't trade him unless an offer came that i couldn't refuse.

As for Drury. he has one more year left. And maybe you should learn some things about Drury before you assume that people are just knocking the Leafs. Drury's an American. He was a Rangers fan growing up and it was his dream to one day play for them. Do you think a guy, who has become the captain of the team he dreamed of playing for as a child would want to waive it to go anywhere else? I don't and Drury has made that fairly clear as well.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
The way you guys deal with "unwanted contracts" ie: Redden and now talking about buying out Drury, what makes you think anyone wants to go to the Rangers ie: Richards?
Because if you actually deserve your contract it's one of the best places to play in the world. Redden would be in the AHL on most teams regardless of his contract, he is that bad.

Drury scored 1 goal last year, what do you think he expects.

If Richards expects to come here on a 7 million contract and score 1 goal, I think he should be prepared for a buyout. It's a business, some people seem to forget that.

Old
05-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Saddled? Gaborik is an elite player who had a down year. He scored 42 goals last year on a team that was offensively inept. I could say the same about Kessel if you want to talk about contracts. Just because a player has a big contract on their team doesn't mean they are saddled. I'm sure Gabby will bounce back next year and wouldn't trade him unless an offer came that i couldn't refuse.

As for Drury. he has one more year left. And maybe you should learn some things about Drury before you assume that people are just knocking the Leafs. Drury's an American. He was a Rangers fan growing up and it was his dream to one day play for them. Do you think a guy, who has become the captain of the team he dreamed of playing for as a child would want to waive it to go anywhere else? I don't and Drury has made that fairly clear as well.
As i recall, at the trade deadline the Rangers where trying very hard to deal Gabby.And as for Kessel, ok lets talk. He is what, 6 years younger and makes 1mil less a year and has 3 30+ goal years, 2 of which are with the leafs, which according to most, don't have anything but 3rd liners at best. So...i'll keep the 23 year old with a ton of upside.

As for Drury, great points, BUT if his options are to be bought out and sent packing by his "childhood dream team" or be traded to TO, which i hope NEVER happens, which does he choose?

Old
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
As i recall, at the trade deadline the Rangers where trying very hard to deal Gabby.And as for Kessel, ok lets talk. He is what, 6 years younger and makes 1mil less a year and has 3 30+ goal years, 2 of which are with the leafs, which according to most, don' have anything but 3rd liners at best. So...i'll keep the 23 year old with a ton of upside.

As for Drury, great points, BUT if his options are to be bought out and sent packing by his "childhood dream team" or be traded to TO, which i hope NEVER happens, which does he choose?
If he doesn't like Toronto, which i have no idea how he personally feels. Then he will likely take the buyout and become a FA where he can sign with a number of teams.

As for Gabby, I don't know that you are talking about. That was all speculation. There was never anything legitimate about Gaborik being on the market at all. And overall I would take Gabby > Kessel. Kessel is a lockeroom cancer and I don't think he will be more than what he is now.

Old
05-06-2011, 10:16 AM
hattub

Quote:
How many teams have a perfect record? Leafs are still paying for a bought out Tucker and have Finger toiling in the miners as well.

hattub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
If he doesn't like Toronto, which i have no idea how he personally feels. Then he will likely take the buyout and become a FA where he can sign with a number of teams.

As for Gabby, I don't know that you are talking about. That was all speculation. There was never anything legitimate about Gaborik being on the market at all. And overall I would take Gabby > Kessel. Kessel is a lockeroom cancer and I don't think he will be more than what he is now.
I won't argue any of your points,but as far as the lockerroom cancer, thats easy for a team to say after a player leaves. The same was said for Phaneuf, and i can tell you, (because i have a family member that works for MLSE) that both Kessel and Phaneuf have no issues with players, coaches or management. Kessel may be no more than what he is now, but i'd i'd like to see him with a center a little more established than Bozak.

Old
05-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattub View Post
How many teams have a perfect record? Leafs are still paying for a bought out Tucker and have Finger toiling in the miners as well.
Agreed, just making a point to all those who think TO is the arm pit of the NHL and that their team is gold plated.

Old
05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I won't argue any of your points,but as far as the lockerroom cancer, thats easy for a team to say after a player leaves. The same was said for Phaneuf, and i can tell you, (because i have a family member that works for MLSE) that both Kessel and Phaneuf have no issues with players, coaches or management. Kessel may be no more than what he is now, but i'd i'd like to see him with a center a little more established than Bozak.
And I'd like to see Gaborik with someone better than Christensen...

Old
05-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
And I'd like to see Gaborik with someone better than Christensen...
So we both need Richards....let the games begin!!!