HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread, Part I

Old
05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
hockeyman001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Why? What does Weiss provide that Artie won't within the next 2 years? Weiss is a 60 point player at best. He's nothing special. This year he scored 49 points in 76 games. Artie scored 44 in 82. Weiss is 28. Artie will be 23 in a few weeks. Weiss has a 3.1 mil cap hit. Artie's cap hit won't be over 2 mil. Artie is very good defensively and has good chemistry with Dubi and Cally.

This seems like a trade just for the sake of making a trade. No point to it, especially when we'd have to give up additional assets.
Thank you. I'm glad finally someone said this. Weiss is one of the most overrated players in the league and I've never understood why. He doesn't do anything great, he's just "above average" at everything. He's second line material at best (on a good team, not the Panthers, of course).

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I agree, but I think Spezza gets a bum rap around here. I think on a good team he can definitely pick up assists like a madman. He can also put the puck in the net. The problem with Spezza is he hasn't played the entirety of either of his last 2 seasons (still scoring at almost a PPG pace) and Ottawa isn't going to get rid of him in their tank mode.

If Spezza was available I would definitely go for him without a doubt.
i just have a gut feeling him and gaborik would do magical things. Just go look at spezza and heatleys stats when they were playing together. spezza was a 100 pt man for a season or 2 with heatley and another 90 pt season plus as well. Richards deff has way better intangibles. as a player i think spezza is just as good as b.rich. Obv if ottawa wanted a cally/duby/staal no way. if richards does not sign here this is who i would try to bring in. Obv richards makes more sense hell just cost money. If we sign richards and have another plan to bring in a top 6 forward im all for that as well. Glen has to really be careful what he offers richards. I don't want brad if its going to handicap our team and prevent us from getting better.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:48 PM
KRUPPY

Operation Elite Lw To Play With Richards

C'MON GUY'S FOR REAL WHILE GABBY NAME HAS VALUE LET'S PACKAGE HIM MAYBE GILROY OR MDZ AND A PICK FOR A GOOOD LW MAYBE NASH OR OVIE.....TO PLAY WITH RICHARDS WHEN WE SIGN HIM IN THE OFF SEASON

KRUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUPPY View Post
C'MON GUY'S FOR REAL WHILE GABBY NAME HAS VALUE LET'S PACKAGE HIM MAYBE GILROY OR MDZ AND A PICK FOR A GOOOD LW MAYBE NASH OR OVIE.....TO PLAY WITH RICHARDS WHEN WE SIGN HIM IN THE OFF SEASON
u sure as hell know ovie isnt available. Nash i highly doubt hes available. id love to have him on our team

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:05 PM
gers*

Quote:
shouldnt the plan be getting a LW to play with Richards AND Gaborik?

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
You seriously think Gaborik and Gilroy is gonna bring in Nash or Ovechkin?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
When did the Rangers get Richards?

05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
According to HF Boards, oh about 47 seconds.after Dallas was eliminated from playoff contention.

05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think the purpose is that the Rangers would be willing to pay Commodore that salary to play in the minors (or overseas) as opposed to buying him out. Which essentially clears all $7MM of Drury's cap off the books as opposed to retaining a buyout cost.
But it doesn't clear the money off the summer cap, only the in-season cap. Maybe Redden will decide to terminate his contract, but that can't happen until the beginning of training camp, at which time there won't be many free agents to sign or deals to make.

If the cap is 62.2 mil next year, the summer cap will be 68.42 mil. Redden, Commodore and Boogaard will eat up 11.875 mil of that. We can stick them all in Hartford, but it still means we'll only be spending, at most, 56.545 mil on our roster going into the season.

That would leave us with a minimum of 5.655 mil in cap space. At the trade deadline, that would prorate to almost 26 mil. Who are we trading for during the season that we'd need that much cap space?

And then you still have the problem of Commodore being on the summer cap again next year. Unless they know for sure that there will be compliance buyouts in the next CBA, or that they know for sure that Redden will terminate his contract, I can't really see the benefit of this trade.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I wish i was as optimistic as you all the time.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

I've been wondering that since the end of the season.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:47 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I wish i was as optimistic as you all the time.
Is it optimism or being blatant naive?

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Hensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
According to HF Boards, oh about 47 seconds.after Dallas was eliminated from playoff contention.

LOL, So True... even my roomate who is a stars fan cried tears when they were eliminated and realized it would be Richards last game as a Dallas Star

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

vCash: 50
Not much of a Weiss guy myself. I'd rather take a risk on Richards as a matter of fact.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 07:47 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Weiss is OVERATED now a player we need here when Anisimov will be better then him in 2 years

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Really? You think that we could get Ovi or Nash for Gabby Gilroy and a pick? This is not NHL 11

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:
Was this a joke.... or...

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Really? You think that we could get Ovi or Nash for Gabby Gilroy and a pick? This is not NHL 11
Are you kidding? They'd laugh at that in NHL 11 too

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
I'm impressed it didn't make this post all lowercase except for the first letter of every word. For that alone I think we can get Nash or Ovie for the amazing package of Gilroy, Gabby, WSH 2nd.

rip
DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id offer AA, Kreider, MDZ and our first for Rick Nash, as long as we signed Richards too, and could make it work within the cap somehow.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
id offer AA, Kreider, MDZ and our first for Rick Nash, as long as we signed Richards too, and could make it work within the cap somehow.
I like Rick Nash...He's a great player. But, that is alot of assets to give up for for a guy. Lot of assets to part with for a 35g scorer wih a strapping cap hit of $7.8mil.

Nash/Richards/Gaborik is a very interesting top line. I will give you that.

But down the road in a couple years is it out of the question to think that Kreider himself can be a 25-30goal guy?

How about Anisimov? 50-60 I could see him topping out as a 60pt guy himself.

And MDZ...Back to form which I think can and will happen he can be an effective puck mover. Just needs confidence back.

Thats a tough one.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
I would run down the street naked if we made that deal and got Richards. I would meet Gabby on the way doing the same.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
Weiss is OVERATED now a player we need here when Anisimov will be better then him in 2 years
you are saying that because he plays in FLA no? Horton looks pretty good and I imagine Frolik will do good things with the Hawks. They just need to get out of FLA

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Well I was able to trade Gaborik and Frolov for Giroux and Richards in NHL 11 so I guess it's possible.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:06 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
That's a lot to give up especially considering his cap hit isn't friendly as Lion Hound said. I don't think I do that to be honest.

I'm still big on Spezza if we don't get Richards. Not sure if Ottawa wants to trade him but if they're rebuilding, I'm sure the right offer can pry him out of there.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote