HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jason Spezza to Buffalo...

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

vCash: 500
Spezza was Canada's MVP today boys. It's a good day.

Oh, and he's STILL not for trade. Jesus.

Old
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Spezza isn't going to be traded.

Why would a rebuilding team give up a #1 center entering his prime?
Not to mention that his game has changed into a much more well-rounded one - including killing penalties and *gasp* back-checking. If he goes, the Sens are completely and utterly doomed for the foreseeable future. If we keep him, we have a shot at something special in 3-5 years.

Old
05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Kid Canesten

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
That is just ridiculous. Every GM wants to make their team better. The "massive overpayment" only applys if the team is trading him for inferior players. If Murray gets an offer of Myers+Roy+1st which already is way over the top, he'd be stupid not to take it. Myers alone has arguably atleast as much trade value as Spezza.

The logic that it takes the 5 best players of another team to get Spezza is just beyond ridiculous, Spezza can be as unavailable as anyone not named Crosby/Ovechkin, if the trade makes the team a much better team after that, every GM would take it.

The trade you proposed is not massive overpayment, it's illogical and makes you look like a fool.

Spezza is not Jesus.
you're missing my point (obviously). im insinuating that a deal, including spezza, will never happen between both teams since we dont make good trading partners. ottawa might as well ask for the world for spezza since thats the only way buffalo is getting him. ottawa would ask for that based off of the fact that spezza is untouchable, we are division rivals and we would need an unrealistic offer for us to even part ways with spezza while buffalo would destroy their team if they wanted to complete a trade for spezza. in other words, ottawa would have to clearly win the trade for them to make it worthwhile.

and while roy, myers and a 1st is a fantastic offer, it still leaves us without a true #1C. roy, even being an ottawa boy and all, imo is an above-average #2C. not a #1C. and we have karlsson to fill in as our #1D. no need for myers unless we were flipping one of the two for a legitimate #1C. its a lateral move.

i thought i made that abundantly clear...but i guess not.

Old
05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canesten View Post
you're missing my point (obviously). im insinuating that a deal, including spezza, will never happen between both teams since we dont make good trading partners. ottawa might as well ask for the world for spezza since thats the only way buffalo is getting him. ottawa would ask for that based off of the fact that spezza is untouchable, we are division rivals and we would need an unrealistic offer for us to even part ways with spezza while buffalo would destroy their team if they wanted to complete a trade for spezza. in other words, ottawa would have to clearly win the trade for them to make it worthwhile.

and while roy, myers and a 1st is a fantastic offer, it still leaves us without a true #1C. roy, even being an ottawa boy and all, imo is an above-average #2C. not a #1C. and we have karlsson to fill in as our #1D. no need for myers unless we were flipping one of the two for a legitimate #1C. its a lateral move.

i thought i made that abundantly clear...but i guess not.
Not need for Myers...
Lateral move... (getting two pieces with both similar trade value to the one you traded plus a 1st is for sure lateral)
Clearly win the trade...(the one I suggested Ottawa wins it in a landslide)

Your logic is missing something. Yes, you trade a #1 center, but you're getting the 20-30th best center back plus a #1 d-man and a 1st. I sure hope Murray thinks the same way as you do and thinks he doesn't need another #1 d-man, because he has Karlsson.

And no, you didn't make yourself clear. Your offer was insulting.

Last edited by ct2111: 05-06-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old
05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Seems we're done here.