HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECSF: (1) Washington Capitals vs (5) Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: Predict the outcome
Capitals in 4 8 1.59%
Capitals in 5 88 17.50%
Capitals in 6 147 29.22%
Capitals in 7 28 5.57%
Lightning in 4 77 15.31%
Lightning in 5 18 3.58%
Lightning in 6 74 14.71%
Lightning in 7 63 12.52%
Voters: 503. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Wings4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland2Lomakin View Post
This dude is just a Neuvy hater, he just points to the score line, I'm convinced he didn't watch any of the games.

Neuvy performed admirably for a rookie, I'm assuming this dude is pretty much saying if you're not the second coming of Patrick Roy, you're garbage. A more put together team could have at the very least driven this series to seven with Neuvy in net if not won the series. It's the playoffs, you're not going to blank your opponents in the playoffs.
It's ok man. I know you're a big Neuvy fan. You defended every goal he let in in game 1 and 2, but gave up after that. I wonder why...

Goaltender is the most important position in hockey. You can't win in the playoffs with an "average" goalie. You just can't. Even Detroit with our "average" goalies only won championships because a guy like Vernon played as solid as he did in his previous Cup run, and a guy like Osgood played above his normal non-elite talent level.

Neuvirth stepped it down several notches in the TB series. He was outclassed by Roloson.

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
TOML

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
Boudreau stated Backstrom was not injured. It is still up on Tarik El Bashir's twitter.
Oh, but he was injured. He took time off for a well-publicized late-season wrist injury. This is the injury that has effected him the most in the playoffs. He played through it, yes, but wrist injuries make an NHL-worthy shot go away. Hence, a month-long goal drought leading up to the playoffs, where he scored no goals.

If that's not an excuse, i don't know what is.

But if his wrist actually was 100% for the playoffs, i'd be much more disturbed of his lack of production than ever before. Because then it's a mindset/work ethic issue.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote