HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton trading down

Old
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Edmontonoil

vCash: 500
Edmonton trading down

The panthers really need centermen! What is the most they would be willing to give up to move from 3rd to 1st?

Edmontonoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:50 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Sean Couturier (C) or Gabriel Landeskog (LW) or Ryan Strome (C) or Mika Zibanejad (C) llok to be good fit in Florida

If it was a sid the kid going first overall then I could see the panthers moving 2 spots

but RNH is not sid the kid and despite the love in with him on the oiler board he is not a sure fire super star-- best case scenerio is he is the sceond coming of doug gilmour(who weight about the same) worst case is he turns out to be Steve Kelly

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Yeah, I am not completly sold on RNH, I rather just stay pat, not give up assets and take Couturier or Landeskog.

I really think Couturier is being underrated, and the kid will be a gem.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:01 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
Yeah, I am not completly sold on RNH, I rather just stay pat, not give up assets and take Couturier or Landeskog.

If Larsson drops to 3rd(somewhat a possibility) do you pick Couturier?

The only strike I would have against Couturier is I think he will end up a very good second line center(60-70 point guy), so basically if a team is looking for a star player to carry the team they will be disappointed.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post

The only strike I would have against Couturier is I think he will end up a very good second line center(60-70 point guy), so basically if a team is looking for a star player to carry the team they will be disappointed.
You know, it is possible to be a 60-70 point guy and a first line center... your line is not indicative of how many points you should/will produce.

But that said, everyone on this forum is overrating every single prospect in this draft. I don't see one star to be honest.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Edmontonoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post

I agree 110%! I want couturier and I think we can snag him at 3!

Old
05-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:

I'd look for a trade down to 4-6 if possible. Florida could still get one of Couturier, Huberdeau or Strome.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:

Oh ya, if that is the case... Panthers should cash in for sure. They are solid on defense... but than again, it never hurts to add another bluechip to an already deep prospect/blue line corps.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
KovalSNIPE

Quote:

Not being a biased Devils fan here, but I seriously think Larsson will drop to 4th. It will go RNH, Landeskog, then Couturier because those are the needs of Edmonton, Colorado, and Florida.

KovalSNIPE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:31 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Not being a biased Devils fan here, but I seriously think Larsson will drop to 4th. It will go RNH, Landeskog, then Couturier because those are the needs of Edmonton, Colorado, and Florida.
I have a feeling the Avs take Larsson at #2 if he is available.

With the trade for Johnson, I think it shows management's committment to building down the middle and on the back-end. I am sure they would love to replace Stewart with a potential PF in Landeskog, but I think with the chance to anchor their top pairing for a decade or more they will take Larsson.

I know they have a couple other young guys coming up (Barrie and Elliot IIRC), but I'm not sure those guys are necessarily guys you are slotting into your top pair anytime soon.

IF the Avs take Landeskog, then I think the Devils may just get their wish and get a gem at #4.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Edmontonoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
I think you right! Fills the biggest need for each club