HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
  #51
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
http://www.whosay.com/TBLightning/photos/17831

they look good for free jerseys
Thanks. That looks like quite the giveaway.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:53 PM
  #52
hankhunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Hi,
Does anyone know when Round 3 tickets will go on sale? Is there are season ticket holder presale code? We may be travelling down to Tampa Bay from Ottawa. I would appreciate any help in the best way to get tickets without having to pay scalper rates.

Thanks in advance

hankhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
  #53
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhunter View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know when Round 3 tickets will go on sale? Is there are season ticket holder presale code? We may be travelling down to Tampa Bay from Ottawa. I would appreciate any help in the best way to get tickets without having to pay scalper rates.

Thanks in advance
They wont be put on sale until the schedule is announced, which might not be until mid next week.

On top of that they will be extremely limited and Im sure will sell out within an hour or so. This past round sold out in like 3 hours basically, sans a few $200 seats scattered about.

Your best bet will be Stubhub and youll probably pay a premium there, but I highly doubt youll be able to grab them when they go on sale.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
  #54
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
They wont be put on sale until the schedule is announced, which might not be until mid next week.

On top of that they will be extremely limited and Im sure will sell out within an hour or so. This past round sold out in like 3 hours basically, sans a few $200 seats scattered about.

Your best bet will be Stubhub and youll probably pay a premium there, but I highly doubt youll be able to grab them when they go on sale.
Keep your eyes peeled on Stubhub, however, because while tickets for the second round were initially ridiculously high, they did drop in price prior to Game 3 and I got decent seats at a very respectable price. (The tickets did rise, however, before Game 4 when a chance for a sweep became apparent.)

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:04 PM
  #55
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Keep your eyes peeled on Stubhub, however, because while tickets for the second round were initially ridiculously high, they did drop in price prior to Game 3 and I got decent seats at a very respectable price. (The tickets did rise, however, before Game 4 when a chance for a sweep became apparent.)
Yep average price for tickets in my section were around $100 a pop. Its very very very hard not to put up my two tickets for a single game and almost have one of my season tickets paid off for next year

The thought of me missing playoff hockey is unbearable though.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:19 PM
  #56
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Yep average price for tickets in my section were around $100 a pop. Its very very very hard not to put up my two tickets for a single game and almost have one of my season tickets paid off for next year

The thought of me missing playoff hockey is unbearable though.
If I were in your shoes, I'd be having the same thoughts. The exact same thoughts. Still, I just don't get why people are that stupid to pay that much for a ticket sometimes.

To expand on my prior comment, tickets for Game 3 of the ECSF started out $65+ for the cheapest seats (StubHub fees not included.) I ended up snaring two tickets 90 minutes before face-off at $55 total, including all fees. The seats were in the upper deck, and really didn't cost that much more than the actual face value, and there were many seats available at such cheap prices. Granted, the low price could have been the whole "It's close to face off, let's try to get anything out of them," and maybe weekday games did no favors, but I also think some of it was the fact so many tickets were priced so ridiculously high that nobody was buying.

Right now, ECF Game 3 tickets on StubHub start at $57 -- which is already down from $67 just a couple of days ago, right after the sweep of the Caps was completed. The Game 4 tickets are down slightly, too. One round further, and you're looking at $194 minimum for any home game in the SCF; $280 minimum will land you seats to Game 7 of the SCF in Tampa -- which only happens if it's Nashville-Tampa Bay, and given Nashville is down 3-1 to Vancouver... yeaaahhhh...

Also, I do not recommend anyone going to TicketMaster's TicketExchange. If you think StubHub is price gouging, TMTE is grand larceny.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
  #57
Classified
Registered User
 
Classified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
So the ticketmaster site has the event listed but no info on when the tickets will go on sale, I guess they wait for the other series to be over and the schedule to be released before they put them on sale?

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:31 AM
  #58
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
So the ticketmaster site has the event listed but no info on when the tickets will go on sale, I guess they wait for the other series to be over and the schedule to be released before they put them on sale?
yes.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:18 AM
  #59
ultra63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
The Bolts also have a ticket exchange at their website

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:37 AM
  #60
hankhunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Thanks for all the responses guys. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for when the tickets go on sale. I guess they don't offer season ticket holders advance ticket purchase opportunities like they do here in Ottawa?

I noticed that Boston is already selling tickets for their home part of the series. There just wasn't much left and it was a lot more expensive than Tampa tickets are expected to be.

Thanks

hankhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 11:45 AM
  #61
hankhunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
I just saw on the TBL web site that tickets to the ECF will go on sale to the general public on Friday with advance sales to season ticket holders on Wednesday. Can anyone help me get access to advance ticket sales?

Thanks


Last edited by hankhunter: 05-09-2011 at 12:03 PM.
hankhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:25 PM
  #62
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
Well Im not 100% sure I can get off of work for Game 4, Sat the 21st at 1:30.

Having said that Ill put my two tickets up for sale ( My buddy might be selling his as well so I can get up to 4 tickets if needed).

Im going to ask for a lot, If I dont get it, then no big deal. So no "Oh my god that much" type responses please. I have seen whats left, looking at the presale stuff, its very slim pickings that will be released to the public and most of them are single seats placed all over. This price isnt much higher than ticketmaster face value after fees etc. And is about on par with Stubhub prices.

So...

2 Tickets
Section 301 (Center Ice)
Row T (Last row in the building, in front of stairs, great view to see everything and no one kicking you from behind and no one blocking your view in front)

Currently Im looking for $260 for the PAIR.

If interested in 4 tickets, I can do 4 tickets for $500 TOTAL.

PM me if youre interested. This isnt high priority for me to sell these, as I might end up going still. Thanks for looking.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:27 AM
  #63
CapeBretonHab
Registered User
 
CapeBretonHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be in Florida next week and have purchased four tickets to Game 3 in Tampa.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where exactly Section CLB4 is. I have second row seats in that section, is that any good?

Thanks, and go Lightning!

CapeBretonHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:12 PM
  #64
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 131
Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I'm planning on coming down for a Jets/Panthers game in February and I'm wondering what it's like getting tickets. Would I have to book early online? Are there plenty enough that I can just get them as walkups? Are there websites that offer discounts for tix to games? And of course, I'm interested in checking out Tampa Bay, so would wand to know what the city has to offer in terms of nightlife, shopping, parks/recreation, beaches, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:13 PM
  #65
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I'm planning on coming down for a Jets/Panthers game in February and I'm wondering what it's like getting tickets. Would I have to book early online? Are there plenty enough that I can just get them as walkups? Are there websites that offer discounts for tix to games? And of course, I'm interested in checking out Tampa Bay, so would wand to know what the city has to offer in terms of nightlife, shopping, parks/recreation, beaches, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
And by Panthers, I mean Lightening. Oops! I can't seem to edit my posts at the moment, sorry!

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
  #66
puckguy11
This Space for Rent
 
puckguy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Somewhere in MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 774
A buddy and I are considering making the trip from Orlando to see Pens/Lightning November 17th. Is there a way to find out single ticket prices from last year so we have a ballpark as to what it'll cost us?

puckguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 03:54 PM
  #67
Lady Vengeance
FTTW
 
Lady Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
I'm thinking about catching one of the Bolts' Saturday home games at the end of March, and I wanted to know what the weather is typically like at that time of year. I was thinking about making it a long weekend so that I could go to the game and then have a day or two at the beach, but obviously not if it's going to be too cold.

and is it easy to get from Clearwater to Tampa? Is there cab service, or would I be better off renting a car?

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
  #68
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
I'm thinking about catching one of the Bolts' Saturday home games at the end of March, and I wanted to know what the weather is typically like at that time of year. I was thinking about making it a long weekend so that I could go to the game and then have a day or two at the beach, but obviously not if it's going to be too cold.

and is it easy to get from Clearwater to Tampa? Is there cab service, or would I be better off renting a car?
Rent a car. A cab ride from Clearwater to Tampa and back again would be outrageous and there is no such thing as mass transit. At least not as it's understood in other places.

And it shouldn't be too cold to hit the beach at the end of March. Water is too cold for much swimming, but should be fairly comfortable on the beach and walking around Clearwater. Can get a bit breezy and might be chilly at night.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
  #69
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Rent a car. A cab ride from Clearwater to Tampa and back again would be outrageous and there is no such thing as mass transit. At least not as it's understood in other places.

And it shouldn't be too cold to hit the beach at the end of March. Water is too cold for much swimming, but should be fairly comfortable on the beach and walking around Clearwater. Can get a bit breezy and might be chilly at night.
That's very subjective, based on where the poster is from. It's no thing for northerners to be swimming in the ocean in January.

Absolutely rent a car though.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 02:01 PM
  #70
Lady Vengeance
FTTW
 
Lady Vengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
Thanks for the replies! Car rental it is.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:00 PM
  #71
missK
Registered User
 
missK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lightning country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
The Lightning are planning a bus trip from Tampa for the Orlando preseason game. Info should be available shortly.....

missK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
  #72
njdevsrule23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Season Ticket Presale

Hey guys, I'm taking a trip to Flordia to see your arena, can I please have the presale password that started today at 9am. Thanks!

njdevsrule23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM
  #73
Bolto
?
 
Bolto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
The password is our season ticket holder ID#. I don't think giving it out is a good idea. Sorry.

Bolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:25 AM
  #74
njdevsrule23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Damnit, was hoping it was a phrase. Thanks for the help. Guess I'll wait til the onsale.

njdevsrule23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:32 PM
  #75
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Just got my season tickets today!

It was so awesome when I opened the box. I don't want to spoil it for those who didn't get theirs yet!

Anyway wanted to state I won't be able to go to all of the games since I live in Orlando so I will have a lot of tickets available for those who want them.

Days I can't go very often include: Thursday-Sunday.

So if you guys ever need 1-3 extra tickets let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. Either PM me or send me an email at: mistersega@gmail.com

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.