HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
  #76
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,586
vCash: 50
Trade for Cory Schneider, or sign vokoun as a goalie fix imo.

For defense, Wiz + ehrhoff would be perfect fits there, But i doubt ehrhoff is going anywhere. Bieksa would fit into the tough aspect for Philly, and he has been unreal this year, another good option.

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:51 PM
  #77
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Trade for Cory Schneider, or sign vokoun as a goalie fix imo.

For defense, Wiz + ehrhoff would be perfect fits there, But i doubt ehrhoff is going anywhere. Bieksa would fit into the tough aspect for Philly, and he has been unreal this year, another good option.
Was actually thinking about Bieksa and Ehrhoff. How much do you think both would command on the open market?

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:52 PM
  #78
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Was actually thinking about Bieksa and Ehrhoff. How much do you think both would command on the open market?
Bieksa probably $4.5M+, Ehrhoff $5.5M or more, maybe as much as $6M+ depending on the market. My guess is that Gillis will get them both signed.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:52 PM
  #79
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Trade Versteeg and Carle. Re-sign Powe, Nodl and Leino. When the cap goes up 3M, bring in Gustafsson in for Carle, have Barts as our #6 and sign Vokoun to 2 years at 4M per year.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Erik Cole ($2.000m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Ville Leino ($2.500m)
Andreas Nodl ($1.000m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Darroll Powe ($0.725m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($4.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,856,655; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,543,345

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:52 PM
  #80
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Trade for Cory Schneider, or sign vokoun as a goalie fix imo.

For defense, Wiz + ehrhoff would be perfect fits there, But i doubt ehrhoff is going anywhere. Bieksa would fit into the tough aspect for Philly, and he has been unreal this year, another good option.
Beiska has that right hand shot we need....although Walker is better in that regard

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:54 PM
  #81
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Was actually thinking about Bieksa and Ehrhoff. How much do you think both would command on the open market?
Bieksa 4.5, Ehrhoff 5m (easily).

Bieksa could make up to 5, ehrhoff I doubt more then 5.5m.

Ehrhoff tho leads the entire NHL in playoffs points for d-men, so his value keeps increasing, same as bieksa who's been playing 26min a game for vancouver.

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:56 PM
  #82
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Bieksa 4.5, Ehrhoff 5m (easily).

Bieksa could make up to 5, ehrhoff I doubt more then 5.5m.

Ehrhoff tho leads the entire NHL in playoffs points for d-men, so his value keeps increasing, same as bieksa who's been playing 26min a game for vancouver.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. If Timonen retires (which I doubt he will), I could definitely see them making a play for either of them. Bieksa, in particular, just looks spectacular when I've watched him this playoffs.

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
05-06-2011, 11:59 PM
  #83
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. If Timonen retires (which I doubt he will), I could definitely see them making a play for either of them. Bieksa, in particular, just looks spectacular when I've watched him this playoffs.
Bieksa and ehrhoff are both very different players. Ehrhoff is more a puck moving d-man, great on the PP, dynamite skater, has a small rough side, but makes defensive mistakes here and there.

Bieksa is your tough shut down gtfo D-man, He controls the play with solid aggression, he used to be more of a high risk high reward guy, but this year he focused more on his defense, and has been a force on the back end.

Summary: if you want grit, with good solid aggressive D, then go for bieksa. If you need a puck moving D-man, who is great on the PP, and can skate like the wind (unlike the most overrated player in history in kaberle) get ehrhoff.

There is a chance tho, both d-man will not be available, because canucks would be dumb to not sign one of them at least.

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:00 AM
  #84
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. If Timonen retires (which I doubt he will), I could definitely see them making a play for either of them. Bieksa, in particular, just looks spectacular when I've watched him this playoffs.
When you said him to retire, I just looked and I forgot he's not part of the 35+ contract.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:03 AM
  #85
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
When you said him to retire, I just looked and I forgot he's not part of the 35+ contract.
Yeah, that's a plus. When Kimmo either retires or his contract expires, they'll definitely have some money to play with.

Pronger, on the other hand...Well if the herniated disc rumors are true, that contract isn't looking too good.

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
  #86
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Yeah, that's a plus. When Kimmo either retires or his contract expires, they'll definitely have some money to play with.

Pronger, on the other hand...Well if the herniated disc rumors are true, that contract isn't looking too good.
I ****ing hope to god it doesn't become a problem like with Rathje.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
  #87
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,837
vCash: 200
This team definitely needs some nastiness on the back end. I would love to get Hal Gill. Huge guy who is a leader and will block shots. I also would love to see Karlis Skrastins.

Something like this

Pronger - Timonen
Coburn - Meszaros
Gill - Skrastins/Sopel/Alberts

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:08 AM
  #88
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 320
What is with this contingent of people who don't want Leino? I see it as we're lucky he had these issues as it makes him easier to resign and we get him fully recovered at a cheaper price.

whatthef is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:10 AM
  #89
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
What is with this contingent of people who don't want Leino? I see it as we're lucky he had these issues as it makes him easier to resign and we get him fully recovered at a cheaper price.
Do you think he really big decline in the last quarter of the season would make him a lot cheaper? Or do you think we should try to get someone with size for Briere? Cole could easily replace Leino, and Cole also had about 190 more hits than Leino did this year.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
  #90
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
What is with this contingent of people who don't want Leino? I see it as we're lucky he had these issues as it makes him easier to resign and we get him fully recovered at a cheaper price.
That's the thing though...Is he fully recovered? I don't know if he's worth what he'll likely get on the market.

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
  #91
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
If Leino is not in the mix, then how about this:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Erik Cole ($2.000m)
Andreas Nodl ($1.000m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Darroll Powe ($0.725m)

DEFENSEMEN
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($4.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,439,988; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $960,012

Each line will have at least one person that will smash you and each d-pairing will have at least one person that will smash you.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:17 AM
  #92
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,207
vCash: 500
Why would Erik Cole take a paycut?

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:35 AM
  #93
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Why would Erik Cole take a paycut?
Dunno

Off topic question: what's up with Henrik Sedin? seems pretty quiet besides that empty netter, is he injured?

drownedsailors is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:41 AM
  #94
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Anyone up for Jussi Jokinen?

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 12:58 AM
  #95
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Nodl wont get $1m....he was making around $700k with a cap hit of $850k because of bonuses on a two-way contract. Chances are Homer will give him a 1-way deal at a lower amount, probably around $650k. If he gets a lot higher than that, then Homer is a bigger idiot than we thought

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 01:00 AM
  #96
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Nodl wont get $1m....he was making around $700k with a cap hit of $850k because of bonuses on a two-way contract. Chances are Homer will give him a 1-way deal at a lower amount, probably around $650k. If he gets a lot higher than that, then Homer is a bigger idiot than we thought
I thought with RFA, you have to pay 10% more (minimum) or something... no idea where I heard that.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 01:02 AM
  #97
FlyerSithLord
Registered User
 
FlyerSithLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tinicum
Country: United States
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
I'd like to see changes made in each department of the team.

Coaching: I think Lavy is a great coach, but he had a pretty brutal playoff. Between the juggaling of the goaltenders and losing the matchup battles at home to Boston, Lavy needs to do a better job next year. Also, The coaching staff has to make fixing the power play the #1 priority going into training camp. Lastly, I'd really like to see them work on shootouts. I know it's a gimmick, but it's here to stay, might as well try to be a little better at it.

Goaltending: For some reason the coaching staff and management seem to think that Leighton/Boucher can get this team to the promise land simply because they were able to get there in 09-10. Both of these guys need to be let go. Don't resign Boucher and waive Leighton. Let him play out next season with the Phantoms and hope that he plays well and helps teach them how to win. Bring in a veteran who can be the #1 guy here for 2-3 years and hope that Bob develops as your #1 under him.

Forwards: I'd let Zherdev and Carcillo walk. I thought both guys played well in the playoffs and Carcillo is one of my favorite players, but they need to go. It's obvious that Z is useless to us if they aren't going to play him and I think that we can replace Carcillo with someone cheaper. I'd re-sign Nodl and Leino(hopefully, he's affordable) and look to move one of Versteeg or Hartnell. I love what Hartnell brings to the team, but he's a bad skater and takes a lot of stupid penalties. I'd like to see them bring in a faceoff specialist, even if it means getting rid of Betts. I know he had some injury problems, but he had a rough season.

Defense: After losing to Chicago, management decided that instead of investing money in goal, they would make the defense better, even though we only needed to improve the 3rd paring. I'd definently look to move Carle, keep the top four (Pronger,Timonen,Coburn,Mez) and try and find a solid, right handed shooting defenseman as a number 5. Let Boynton and O'Donnell walk, and use Bartulis, Syvret or someone from the phantoms as your 6th/7th.

FlyerSithLord is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 01:04 AM
  #98
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I thought with RFA, you have to pay 10% more (minimum) or something... no idea where I heard that.
you don't have to, that's just to maintain his rights

do you really think Nodl deserves $1m? I'm pretty sure him and his agent are smart enough to take the guaranteed one-way contract

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
05-07-2011, 01:09 AM
  #99
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I'd like to see changes made in each department of the team.

Coaching: I think Lavy is a great coach, but he had a pretty brutal playoff. Between the juggaling of the goaltenders and losing the matchup battles at home to Boston, Lavy needs to do a better job next year. Also, The coaching staff has to make fixing the power play the #1 priority going into training camp. Lastly, I'd really like to see them work on shootouts. I know it's a gimmick, but it's here to stay, might as well try to be a little better at it.

Goaltending: For some reason the coaching staff and management seem to think that Leighton/Boucher can get this team to the promise land simply because they were able to get there in 09-10. Both of these guys need to be let go. Don't resign Boucher and waive Leighton. Let him play out next season with the Phantoms and hope that he plays well and helps teach them how to win. Bring in a veteran who can be the #1 guy here for 2-3 years and hope that Bob develops as your #1 under him.

Forwards: I'd let Zherdev and Carcillo walk. I thought both guys played well in the playoffs and Carcillo is one of my favorite players, but they need to go. It's obvious that Z is useless to us if they aren't going to play him and I think that we can replace Carcillo with someone cheaper. I'd re-sign Nodl and Leino(hopefully, he's affordable) and look to move one of Versteeg or Hartnell. I love what Hartnell brings to the team, but he's a bad skater and takes a lot of stupid penalties. I'd like to see them bring in a faceoff specialist, even if it means getting rid of Betts. I know he had some injury problems, but he had a rough season.

Defense: After losing to Chicago, management decided that instead of investing money in goal, they would make the defense better, even though we only needed to improve the 3rd paring. I'd definently look to move Carle, keep the top four (Pronger,Timonen,Coburn,Mez) and try and find a solid, right handed shooting defenseman as a number 5. Let Boynton and O'Donnell walk, and use Bartulis, Syvret or someone from the phantoms as your 6th/7th.
Get someone else to coach the PP and I agree on using Bartulis. Such an underrated player with a great cap hit.

Also, would Babchuk cost too much money? He's right shot and he's 27, currently finished up his 1.4M contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
you don't have to, that's just to maintain his rights

do you really think Nodl deserves $1m? I'm pretty sure him and his agent are smart enough to take the guaranteed one-way contract
I personally think he probably is worth about 800K to 1M because he is improving and he did get 22 points this season. When he is healthy and with the right players, I could see him get at least 30 points next season.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-07-2011, 01:14 AM
  #100
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Players i would not bring back are versteeg, zherdev(especially sice they wont play him),shelley, carcillo, leino, carle, od, boynton, walker, boucher, and leighton.

That leaves 9 forwards, 5 defense, and 1 goalie (obviously some of which need to be resigned.

Just start with and build around this

JVR-Giroux-X
Hartnell-Carter-X
Nodl-Richards-Briere
Powe-Betts-X

Pronger-Timonen
Meszaros-Coburn
Bartulius-X

Bob
X

That leaves a goalie, a bottom pairing defenseman who can hold his own out there, a bottom line forward, and two top nine forwards. For the goalie i would go vokoun, but i think holmgren might go with a backup to bob but i hope not. For one of the top nine forwards and the bottom line forward i hope they can come out of our prospects. Maybe wellwood, holmstrom, or sesito?

I would love this roster if the cap could work:

JVR-Giroux- a grity veteran winger
Hartnell-Carter-Wellwood.
Nodl-Richards-Briere
Powe-Betts-Asham/Sesito

Pronger-Timonen
Meszaros-Coburn
Gustaffson-Hal Gill
Bartulius

Vokoun
Bob

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.