HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Thursday night

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Thursday night

According to CKAC, Steve Begin will play against the Pens...He could replace Chris Higgins...It will be the only change...It's official, Koivu wont play!

Old
10-15-2003, 09:05 AM
AK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
According to CKAC, Steve Begin will play against the Pens...He could replace Chris Higgins...It will be the only change...It's official, Koivu wont play!
That's sort of a disapointement, but was to be expected nonetheless. Besides, koivu will be ready to play against the leafs this weekend and we've done well without him so far, hopefully the trend will continue against Lemieux and the Pens.

I thought Higgins played a decent game last night despite limited ice-time. Honestly, he can't display all of his skills in that kind of role. He needs ice time in order to improve and develop, hamilton will be good for him.

On the other hand, Bégin is exactly the type of player that can and should play on a 4th line. He brings a physical edge and energy and keeps the opposition on their toes.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:14 AM
RichardZednik#20

Well it was obvious that Higgins would be sent down. We got to look at it the good way. Higgins played and played well. He was not out of place in the NHL at his age. Next year he will be in the line up for sure and he can now go to Hamilton with full confidence in his game and future.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
I'm pretty anxious to see Bégin play, as for Higgins won't hurt to send him down to Hamilton for a bit, he'll be back sooner than later.Last night I was listening to Ron Fournier after the game, and they had Dany Dubé, and they were going on and on about not needing Koivu back, cause we can't take Perreault off the top line and we can't removed Ribeiro from his line, they were saying the only thing to do was to move Koivu to the wing! and send down Marcel Hossa, how stupid is that, I mean i'm happy Perreault is playing well and all, but come on it's a no brainer when Koivu comes back, he takes Perreault spot and Perreault centers the 3rd line, I've seen this from Perreault already, he's notorious for having a great first half, and people start to wonder if he can score 30 goals, then the second half comes around and....Koivu is our undisputed #1 center and that's it, there shouldn't even be a discussion about this, and i'm sure, wait, positive CJ thinks the same way, the way I look at it, Perreault-Audette-Ryder are playing great together, imagine how good that line will be when Koivu comes back! The team has lloked great so far, the only negative I could point out is the play of Quintal, he looks a stpe behing everyone, Komisarek anyone?....Anyways can't wait for tomorrows game,when all the injured players come back i'd like the lineup to look like this ......

Ryder-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Bulis-Perreault-Ward
Kilger-Bégin-Sundstrom
Langdon-Juneau

Old
10-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Subban Fan

With all players healthy i see this lineup...

Audette-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Dackell-Juneau-Bulis
Kilger-Perreault-Ward

Langdon, Bégin, Sundstrom

Old
10-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Well it was obvious that Higgins would be sent down. We got to look at it the good way. Higgins played and played well. He was not out of place in the NHL at his age. Next year he will be in the line up for sure and he can now go to Hamilton with full confidence in his game and future.
Very well said!!

Old
10-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Darz

In Higgins best interest a move to Hamilton would be the best. He needs to log a heck of alot more minutes than he is getting in Montreal. Same could be said about Komisarek.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Marksman

The thing I liked the most about Caps game was balanced icetimes. Without Dwyer on the 4th everyone was playing - the only forward under 10 min was Higgins, and not by much.

Sundstrom Begin Ward makes even better 4th line. They could be good for well over 10 minutes of defensive hockey and help chasing puck out of the zone and help on the PK aswell. I wonder if we see fight featuring Mario and Steve at some point... could get ugly.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Habber

Great to hear that Begin will get into the lineup. I can't wait until Langdon gets back and can join him.

No way does Koivu take a backseat to Perrault. I don't think Perrault has been playing well, he only had one good game that I saw.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Great to hear that Begin will get into the lineup. I can't wait until Langdon gets back and can join him.

No way does Koivu take a backseat to Perrault. I don't think Perrault has been playing well, he only had one good game that I saw.
He deos not need to take a backseat for now. They can ease in Koivu back in the lineup by mixing up the third and fourth line including in Koivu. I would not be mad to see Koivu paired with Bulis and Ward on a third line. That would actually give us three line that can score goals...

Start with:
1. Ryder, Perreault, Audette
2. Zednik, Ribeiro, Hossa
3. Bulis, Koivu, Ward
4. Begin, Juneau, Sundstrum/Dackell

If Koivu's line produce more then shuffle him up...It wount be long before one of Perreault or Ribeiro's line stop producing and at that point you start changing thing slightly more. There seems to be a good chiistry now and they certainly would not want to messit up.

Old
10-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
He deos not need to take a backseat for now. They can ease in Koivu back in the lineup by mixing up the third and fourth line including in Koivu. I would not be mad to see Koivu paired with Bulis and Ward on a third line. That would actually give us three line that can score goals...

Start with:
3. Bulis, Koivu, Ward

If Koivu's line produce more then shuffle him up...It wount be long before one of Perreault or Ribeiro's line stop producing and at that point you start changing thing slightly more. There seems to be a good chiistry now and they certainly would not want to messit up.
I like these lines but I would label the top three as 1A, 1B and 1C. Give them equal time to start the game and let them battle for icetime as the game goes on.

I would however like the 4th line to be
Begin Kilger Langdon
when Kilger and Langdon come back. Man that would be a great energy line.

Old
10-15-2003, 12:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!

Start with:
3. Bulis, Koivu, Ward

That wont happen. No way does Koivu ever play on the 3rd line. Koivu is the best player on the team, and will be on the top line. The guy had more assist then any Hab had points last year. Koivu deserves nothing but the 1st line all the way. Just please don't put ****dette on his wing.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Last night I was listening to Ron Fournier after the game, and they had Dany Dubé, and they were going on and on about not needing Koivu back, cause we can't take Perreault off the top line and we can't removed Ribeiro from his line, they were saying the only thing to do was to move Koivu to the wing! and send down Marcel Hossa, how stupid is that, I mean i'm happy Perreault is playing well and all, but come on it's a no brainer when Koivu comes back, he takes Perreault spot and Perreault centers the 3rd line, I've seen this from Perreault already, he's notorious for having a great first half, and people start to wonder if he can score 30 goals, then the second half comes around and....Koivu is our undisputed #1 center and that's it, there shouldn't even be a discussion about this, and i'm sure, wait, positive CJ thinks the same way, the way I look at it, Perreault-Audette-Ryder are playing great together, imagine how good that line will be when Koivu comes back!
A move to the wing for Koivu is plausible but only if you believe he can be effective there. Didn't he play the wing in his rookie or sophmore year and was unsuccesful? It'd be great if he could play the wing so we can showcase Perrault for a future deadline deal or sooner, as he'll likely be gone at the end of the year anyway. I don't see Koivu on the wing though.

Should be interesting to see what lies ahead.

Closed Thread