HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Flyers upgrade at goalie next season?

Old
05-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Saint Petersburg's weather isn't as extreme as many parts of Russia

Its Winter's are cold but not usually horrific

+ It is considered one of the finest cities in Europe if not the world to live in

Aware, but it isn't TB either.

There are also other reasons the KHL (regardless of money) isn't necessarily an ideal location, but not really worth getting into without sounding like an ethnocentric American.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Sorry you guys lost to Boston, I was hoping you would pound the snot out of them. However, I have been saying for a couple of years that Philly needs a goalie to win a Cup. Where is that Chris Shafer guy? He was quite insulting in how he was certain Philly didn't need a real goalie to win a Cup and I kept telling him he was wrong, over and over and over. I am actually sorry to be proven right in this case since I believe Philly had the best chance to knock Boston out of the playoffs.

I don't think Theodore is a long term solution for your guys, but he would have been great for you this season. I honestly thought your team should have gotten him for the playoff run because he had a stellar year on a much weaker Minnesota team. He wouldn't have cost you much, hadn't played enough games to tire him out, and would have done terrific with your defence in front of him.

Vokoun might be the short term answer, but he will cost more than you might think. Look to LA or Vancouver and try to get Schneider or Bernier/Quick if you want a long term solution. Bryzgalov would be great, but will want huge dollars. Holmgren has screwed your team's golaie situation for so long, though, that I doubt he gets it right this year.

Calling Chris Shafer, calling Chris Shafer: aren't you going to come and tell everyone how Philly doesn't need a goalie? Where is our resident expert? I really want to know his opinion, now.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

People have to remember something about Bryzgalov. If the Coyotes are staying in Phoenix (and as of right now it looks like they are), then he's going to stay there.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 08:49 AM
iamcanadian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
People have to remember something about Bryzgalov. If the Coyotes are staying in Phoenix (and as of right now it looks like they are), then he's going to stay there.
But if they go to Winnipeg, it's too damn cold for him!

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
rocketdan9

There won't be any changes. Bob was reliable for the majority of the year and just lost gas in the final 20 or so games. He will be next years starter

Leighton if he comesback 100 percent healthy next year will be the backup. Boucher is as good as gone. Sad way to end his nhl career

If Leighton is not 100 percent, a good idea is to sign a solid backup that can start in Alex Auld

A bigger issue is the defense. Pronger can't be relied ever again to be 100 percent. You guys need another franchise type D in the background. Even if you have to trade one of Leino, Carter, prospects in the org that should be done

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Yeah, but their future is still uncertain so will he re-sign when they could just end up in Winnipeg a year later? I can't imagine he would unless he is willing to sign for a year.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Jester

Quote:
What type of contracts are they going to be able to offer if the league STILL owns the team?

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
FlyerGuy18

Quote:
Hot Stove on HNiC mentioned a few weeks ago that he changed agents & will be looking for top dollar in the summer. Don't think the Yotes will have what he's looking for

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Gibbs18

What about trading Carter and Hartnell or Timonen for Pekka Rinne?

We might have to give them more though.

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
What about trading Carter and Hartnell or Timonen for Pekka Rinne?

We might have to give them more though.
I doubt either team is going to do that right now, considering Carter's extension and Rinne's huge importance in this playoffs.

Would I do that trade? Hell yes.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Gibbs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
I doubt either team is going to do that right now, considering Carter's extension and Rinne's huge importance in this playoffs.

Would I do that trade? Hell yes.
True. Rinne has been a boss, espicially since he is playing for a team that has a hard time scoring goals. Imagine if he was with us. He would be unstoppable.

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
True. Rinne has been a boss, espicially since he is playing for a team that has a hard time scoring goals. Imagine if he was with us. He would be unstoppable.
No kidding. I don't think the Preds get far at all if they don't have Rinne in net. He's been absolutely fantastic.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote