HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Players in the World Championships

Old
05-07-2011, 07:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
That was a snipe. Vintage Gabby. Sneaks away from the d-men and then just snipes the puck like lightning.

If he can come back to form next year this will be a great hockey team.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Yeah Kreider sucks let's trade him! Bring in another soft stereotypical European floater like Gaborik!

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Yeah Kreider sucks let's trade him! Bring in another soft stereotypical European floater like Gaborik!
Gaborik has scored more goals in a single season than Chris Kreider might potentially ever score in his NHL career. Let's wait to see if Chris can play in the NHL before saying getting a Gaborik like player for him would be a bad thing.

Old
05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Kreider put up a PPG over the span of 2 WJC, much better competition then the Q, and you believe he wouldn't put up Sjostrom numbers in juniors.

I'm confident some of you guys have NEVER watched Kreider.
Teams like Norway, Slovakia, etc are not better competition than the Q tho.. look at where he got a lot of his points

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:35 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Comparing Kreider to Sjostrom is unbelievably ignorant. They're nothing alike, and that poster is comparing them to each other to try and sound snarky about it for whatever reason. Just has something against Kreider, it seems. Colonial is right, kid must be an ass.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Gaborik has scored more goals in a single season than Chris Kreider might potentially ever score in his NHL career. Let's wait to see if Chris can play in the NHL before saying getting a Gaborik like player for him would be a bad thing.
My point is let's wait and see what unfolds. Saying the kid is Sjostrom is comical. That last part was me still venting fumes over Gaborik. I've seen 2 years of him float. But sticking to the topic here JVR should mesh in nicely with Stepan and Wheeler

Old
05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

I highly doubt (barring any catastrophic injuries) that Kreider won't score 42 goals over the course of his entire career.

05-07-2011, 07:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post

I highly doubt (barring any catastrophic injuries) that Kreider won't score 42 goals over the course of his entire career.
I agree with you, but to compare CK or any prospect to someone like Gaborik is just wrong, IMO. I'd be thrilled if we had another player like Gabby in the system. I have high hopes for Chris and I see what he meant now, but the fact remains we would be very lucky for Chris to even scrape Gaborik numbers.

Old
05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
I agree with you, but to compare CK or any prospect to someone like Gaborik is just wrong, IMO. I'd be thrilled if we had another player like Gabby in the system. I have high hopes for Chris and I see what he meant now, but the fact remains we would be very lucky for Chris to even scrape Gaborik numbers.
Yea but you weren't saying that he isn't going to be a Gaborik.

That statement implied you'd be happy if he didn't turn out to be ****.

Players of Gaborik's skill level are ultimately hard to find.

Kreider is still so young that nobody has any idea of how/what he will develop into.

I think that it may be insane for people to make these asinine predictions with no logical points to base it off of (not speaking to you directly) and the people penciling him as the top line LW next year is simply ludicrous imo.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Comparing Kreider to Sjostrom is unbelievably ignorant. They're nothing alike, and that poster is comparing them to each other to try and sound snarky about it for whatever reason. Just has something against Kreider, it seems. Colonial is right, kid must be an ass.
Kreider has shown nothing that suggests he will have a better career than Sjo.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Kreider's interesting because he can appear to be very average in college, and then can play great hockey at the World Juniors and the World Championships. With any other prospect this far in their amateur career I think you could have a feel of what they can do in the pros. With Kreider I have no idea. Obviously my hopes are very high, though.

Old
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
Kreider has shown nothing that suggests he will have a better career than Sjo.
Uh, there's a reason he's a prospect.

"Ryan Murphy won't be any better than Marc-Andre Bergeron because "he's shown nothing that suggests that.""

"But he's nothing like Marc-Andre Bergeron"

"Nope, you have no proof, I'm right"

That's what you sound like right now. It's silly, and inaccurate.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Kreider's interesting because he can appear to be very average in college, and then can play great hockey at the World Juniors and the World Championships. With any other prospect this far in their amateur career I think you could have a feel of what they can do in the pros. With Kreider I have no idea. Obviously my hopes are very high, though.
Some players just play better at higher levels. There's been some occasions where a guy can't seem to get it done in the AHL but the moment he comes up to the NHL he rips the league up. I'm hoping that's the case with Grachev too.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
while i don't agree with some of the kreider bashing, some of you guys seriously overrate what he will provide for us, especially early in his career. i see so many posts penciling him in on 1st line next season lol...

while his speed is impressive he's not going to solve our scoring problems, some people think he's gonna be a like a franchise player for us lol. same people who still think grachev will have a productive nhl career.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 08:59 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Teams like Norway, Slovakia, etc are not better competition than the Q tho.. look at where he got a lot of his points
What's sad is that you actually believe that.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 09:06 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
That is one of the more ridiculous statements I've ever read on HF and that is really saying something. Just wow.

05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Any highlights from the game today on youtube or anything?

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 10:28 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

They're replaying the game on VS now.

USA vs France.

Old
05-07-2011, 11:06 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Steps scored on a beauty 2 on 1.

Old
05-07-2011, 11:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
They're way better than the competition in the Q.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
while i don't agree with some of the kreider bashing, some of you guys seriously overrate what he will provide for us, especially early in his career. i see so many posts penciling him in on 1st line next season lol...

while his speed is impressive he's not going to solve our scoring problems, some people think he's gonna be a like a franchise player for us lol. same people who still think grachev will have a productive nhl career.
And the people that have written off Grachev are the same that think Kreider is going to be a third liner at best. The truth is somewhere in between. They're prospects, we don't know what they'll be.

Montreal gave up on Ryan McDonagh. Then he was mediocre in Hartford. How did that work out? Patience.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Sjostrom, I mean, Kreider scores

Old
05-08-2011, 01:01 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post

Well I now know you have never watched an AHL game, because Grachev, like Kreider has everything it takes to produce in the NHL. He is learning to piece it together, like nearly every forward 6'4"+ out there.

You know this Palmieri guy on the US? What do you think of him? While you're at it, give his "gaudy" AHL and OHL numbers a glance. Then take a look at his NHL numbers.

Every year players go from looking like career AHLers to solid NHLers. And the number keeps growing.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 06:24 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Well I now know you have never watched an AHL game, because Grachev, like Kreider has everything it takes to produce in the NHL. He is learning to piece it together, like nearly every forward 6'4"+ out there.

You know this Palmieri guy on the US? What do you think of him? While you're at it, give his "gaudy" AHL and OHL numbers a glance. Then take a look at his NHL numbers.

Every year players go from looking like career AHLers to solid NHLers. And the number keeps growing.
The Kreider "bashers" have me in hysterics. Kreider today is better w/o question than the following NHL's on Team USA.

Palmieri, Stapleton, Skille, and Gaustad. Just flat out better than those four NHL players. He is also light years better than Yan "Why are you calling me Paul" Stastny.

I would go rogue if I was Gordon and put JVR AT CENTER with Kreider and watch them steamroll opponents.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote