HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Connolly accepts QO (via sabresfans.com)

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Connolly accepts QO (via sabresfans.com)

http://sabresfans.com/articles.asp?id=1507&ref=24

Discuss.

I know there's a large chunk of Sabredom that wanted to non-tender Connolly and cut ties but considering they paid him over a million dollars to basically stay as far away from a rink as possible "last" season I think you've gotta see if that was money well spent. He could be very successful in the New Way.

I don't expect Timmy to just be handed a job. He'll have to earn it and I think he'll take a good half of the season at least to get his sea legs back but right now the risk outweighs the rewards.

However no progress this season and his Sabre career is over.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Freezerburn

I'm interested to see how he bounces back post concussion. A good move by the team to qualify him and a good move by Tim to accept the offer.

Its on nhlpa.com now as well.

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...hy.asp?ID=7148

Old
08-14-2005, 07:14 PM
HuskyFlames

I really hope he gets back into the game, he is really a good player and has some really underrated offensive skills.

Old
08-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Stone87

I don't know why people are so hard on him, Connolly only had one bad year. Pyatt has had three pretty awful seasons but is a keeper?

Old
08-14-2005, 08:40 PM
jpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStone87
I don't know why people are so hard on him, Connolly only had one bad year. Pyatt has had three pretty awful seasons but is a keeper?
Timmy has consistently under performed considering his physical skills. He grew up in the Syracuse area, and has been touted as a star in the offing since age 11. His biggest problem was being rushed into the league by the Islanders. Whether or not he can recover is anyone's guess.

He has the tools, but is missing the toolbox. Hopefully he'll start finding it this year.

Old
08-15-2005, 04:13 PM
kasper11

I wouldn't expect much from him this year, and wouldn't be shocked if he spent half the season in the AHL. He hasn't played in 2 years, and was still developing before that. I think it will take him awhile to get his game together. If he has a solid second half of the season, you guys should be pretty satisfied.

Closed Thread