HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Scooter17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
About the only thing not said already here is that college coaching is more than half about recruiting impressionable High School kids. Coach was doing his job and telling kids, and their parents, on the fence right now, to commit to BC. We are going to be good and you will get to play with future NHL stars! Our kids turn down Pro money to stay here and get a degree. They love my program and the college!
Makes sense.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:38 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Wait Lockout? you really think the league and players are dumb enough to do that **** again??
After the whole situation with front-loaded contracts, the next CBA negotiation could be quite interesting.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
nafsregnar27

At least he's playing at the World Championship again this year. Maybe playing there with seasoned players will help him decide if he wants to turn pro; if the rangers offer him a contract, of course.

nafsregnar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:15 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Carolina just signed Justin Faulk

Quote:
Jason Karmanos, Vice President and Assistant General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Justin Faulk on a three-year, entry-level contract. Beginning with the 2011-12 season, the contract will pay Faulk an average of $750,000 per season at the NHL level or $67,500 per season at the minor-league level. Faulk will receive a $270,000 signing bonus as a part of the contract, and will immediately join the Hurricanes’ top minor-league affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL), for the Calder Cup playoffs.
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CAR|home

The max was $900,000. Faulk got $750,000 cap. Max signing bonus of $90,000 per. $67,500 AHL max.

Last week

Quote:
Some kids around these parts grow up skating on ponds pretending to be their favorite NHL stars. Others have big dreams of some day slipping on a maroon and gold sweater.

That second scenario describes what Justin Faulk did as a youngster. But his sights were never on donning a Minnesota Gophers uniform. He always wanted to be a Bulldog.

"From the start I wanted to go to UMD," the freshman defenseman from South St. Paul said Wednesday after Minnesota Duluth wrapped up its Frozen Four practice at Xcel Energy Center. "A month after schools were able to contact me, I decided to commit. I went on a visit right away. It was easy for me."
Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011...#ixzz1JbnuDJ2Z

Sounds like Kreider talking about BC

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 03:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Kreider, the Rangers’ No. 1 prospect said he plans to return to the Eagles, but Schoenfeld said the Rangers still hope to sign the team’s first-round pick (19th overall) in 2009. This season was cut short when he sustained a broken jaw when hit by teammate Brian Gibbons’ clearing attempt midway through the second period of a 4-0 victory over New Hampshire on March 4.

“We don’t have a definitive answer on what he’s going to do, but we’ll respect whatever decision he makes,” Schoenfeld said. “I think he’s ready to turn pro, and he’s done just about everything he can do (at Boston College).”
http://www.ctwhale.com/default.asp?c...=59&objId=1363

Old
05-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
"I don't feel like I'm ready for the NHL ," the Rangers' 2009 first-round draft pick told Newsday by phone from Kosice, Slovakia, where he's playing for the U.S. team in the World Championships. "Another year [at Boston College ] can't hurt."
Quote:
Kreider thinks what's best for him is to stay put. "The view I take is, if I'm there, I need to be ready and feel confident in my game," he said. "Whether it's trying to make the team out of camp or being the next guy called up from the minors, I have to be ready or they'll just go with someone else. I don't feel I'm there yet."

Without the bonus cushion, the Rangers may have to agree
http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...2863395&part=2

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 02:38 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Well crap.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 02:56 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Again - let's wait until he gets confronted with a 900k offer. His opinion of his game might change very quickly.

05-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Again - let's wait until he gets confronted with a 900k offer. His opinion of his game might change very quickly.
Exactly. I'm also sure Stepan and McDonagh are talking about it with Kreider. They are probably going to get him to change his mind by telling him how great the NHL is compared to college. Also we had this same problem with McDonagh last year, right?

05-08-2011, 06:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider said "another year". Would prefer he signs this summer but it better be only "another year". The Rangers are having their meetings this week or next week in California. They made Stepan an offer in late May. It took 1 or 2 days to negotiate McDonagh's contract after he enjoyed prospects camp. Unless something has changed,the Rangers haven't made Kreider an offer yet.

Old
05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

So...

People pencil him in on the top line next to Richards with Gabby on the other side are pre-mature?

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Kreider should think about the camp and pre-season.. If he doesnt do so well then go back to collage.. then come again next season.

I garentee you if he goes to camp and a few games pre season and goes back to Boston, hes going to tear up the ncaa.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Gatorade*

Do NCAA rules permit that or would he just have to pay for everything? If he were injured he would be screwed, no?

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:54 AM
pld459666

getting concerned about his mental make-up at this point.

He's had success playing a defensive role at BC.

He's had success at both WJC's where it's best on best against players in his same age brackt.

He is having success at this years WC's after not so much success last year (while playing a much lesser role.

What more does he want from himself to feel "ready"?

If this is a negotiating ploy to get max 1st round money, or closer to it, that's one thing. But if he is being serious about this drivel, count me as very concerned about his mental make up

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:57 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
Kreider should think about the camp and pre-season.. If he doesnt do so well then go back to collage.. then come again next season.

I garentee you if he goes to camp and a few games pre season and goes back to Boston, hes going to tear up the ncaa.
Camp/preseason is Sept, isn't that when school starts? I don't think he can miss the first few weeks of school to go to camp and just show up late to school if it doesn't work out.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
getting concerned about his mental make-up at this point.

He's had success playing a defensive role at BC.

He's had success at both WJC's where it's best on best against players in his same age brackt.

He is having success at this years WC's after not so much success last year (while playing a much lesser role.

What more does he want from himself to feel "ready"?

If this is a negotiating ploy to get max 1st round money, or closer to it, that's one thing. But if he is being serious about this drivel, count me as very concerned about his mental make up
Yep. Sounds like someone needs to suck it up. What we see on the ice is definitely not correlated to his mental state.

The guy has to make himself a little uncomfortable in order to continue to grow. He seems resistant to taking that step and challenging himself. He almost sounds like a *****.

I am starting to think the way they have handled him at BC has made him doubt himself as a pro player. He just needs to realize how well he is playing away from them.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I can't disagree with him on his one point. He doesn't want to not make the team, and if he doesn't make the team he wants to be the premier guy to be called-up. I don't think he views himself as that. He certainly is saying he's not ready in his mind for that pressure.

I think he thinks his career is in jeopardy if he jumps to the NHL, doesn't make the team, and the Rangers pass on calling him up during the year for someone like Grachev say.

It's all worth a thought, as this has happened to a few prospects we've had before. Those that have fallen out of favor after being highly touted and careers haven't materialized thereafter.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
So...

People pencil him in on the top line next to Richards with Gabby on the other side are pre-mature?

Oh no 20 goal scorer right out of the box tons of responsibility against top line players. He'll be fine. (Sarcasm)

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
eco's bones

A couple guesses--Kreider is a Boston area native and might not want to move to NYC yet. Even before he was drafted he seemed to be swept up in the kind of rah-rah college mentality--there are interviews where it was really like a life goal of his to play for a Hockey East team--and the NHL was some kind of farfetched idea. I also have thought there might be a girlfriend whether at BC or somewhere in the area.

Beyond that though his numbers at BC whether people want to admit it or not have been underwhelming--it may be a reason he's not sure. The WJC and WC tournaments he's been more than fine but maybe he feels he needs to become a more consistent contributor before he makes the jump. My own thought is that he could potentially make the Rangers next year if he signed this summer--whether right off the bat or sometime during the season--and that the Rangers feel they can develop his game better and faster than his development so far at BC.

In the end it's up to Chris. It doesn't hurt that Stepan and McDonagh are playing with him right now. Surely playing against other NHL'ers would give him an idea as well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Negotiating ploy? Kreider doesn't need to play games to get max money.

Kreider hasn't been the go to guy at BC.

Old
05-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Negotiating ploy? Kreider doesn't need to play games to get max money.

Kreider hasn't been the go to guy at BC.
saw this today

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...lege-1.2863395

www.snyrangerblog.com

Seems to me the kid simply wants to stay in College get his education and dominate as he will be the main offensive force. To be honest 11 goals is not alot even though he looks real good in international play

Would love to have him on board but if the kid wants to turn pro the next yr and step right in then fine what can we say its his call

Hagelin and Grachev would get shots on LW which may not be a bad thing

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
CM PUNK

deja vu to last summer with stepan/mcdonagh

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 12:55 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Its early May. And he's on the other side of the planet right now.

Lets see what happens when he's back in the US, goes through Prospects Camp, and then has a guaranteed Pro contract worth up to 1+ million sitting in front of him on the table.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Its early May. And he's on the other side of the planet right now.

Lets see what happens when he's back in the US, goes through Prospects Camp, and then has a guaranteed Pro contract worth up to 1+ million sitting in front of him on the table.
Thats a far cry from you proclaiming all winter that Kreider was going to be on the Ranger roster come opening night 2011-2012.

Its a proclamation thats made even more comical being Kreider himself feels hes not NHL ready

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats a far cry from you proclaiming all winter that Kreider was going to be on the Ranger roster come opening night 2011-2012.

Its a proclamation thats made even more comical being Kreider himself feels hes not NHL ready
What happens in Slovakia stays in Slovakia?

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote