HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens' players to the World Championships?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2011, 09:13 PM
  #101
Year 101
Registered User
 
Year 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
I believe he, as well as Price were asked but turned down the invite.
Subban Cammy I think price too all declined

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
  #102
tycho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
You're right. More details can be found on a Swiss hockey site in German Language [1]. Quick translation:

"After a final and at the same time very positive conversation, Swiss head coach Sean Simpson and defender Yannick Weber concluded to refrain from adding Yannick Weber to the Swiss World Championship roster this year. It was mutually concluded, that a World Championship participation of Yannick Weber is not ideal at this point. Nevertheless, Weber will travel to Europe on Tuesday. The mutual agreement between the defenceman and Sean Simpson is only for the short term and has no further impact on the future career of Weber as a player of the national team."

[1] http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/29296

tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:41 PM
  #103
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,920
vCash: 500

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:49 PM
  #104
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho View Post
You're right. More details can be found on a Swiss hockey site in German Language [1]. Quick translation:

"After a final and at the same time very positive conversation, Swiss head coach Sean Simpson and defender Yannick Weber concluded to refrain from adding Yannick Weber to the Swiss World Championship roster this year. It was mutually concluded, that a World Championship participation of Yannick Weber is not ideal at this point. Nevertheless, Weber will travel to Europe on Tuesday. The mutual agreement between the defenceman and Sean Simpson is only for the short term and has no further impact on the future career of Weber as a player of the national team."

[1] http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/29296
Smart work, Simpson. Played yourself into (likely) an 9th-12th place finish.

I believe Switzerland has to beat the USA in relegulation and France has to beat Norway in regulation. Although I forget how the tiebreak works. But I think since Norway beat Switzerland, they'd move on in a tie.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 05-08-2011 at 03:54 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:54 PM
  #105
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,167
vCash: 500
I'm glad they didn't go play for Canada, this tournament is a joke. It's not a fair representation and really means nothing.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
  #106
andreconstantin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Kostitsyn interview in russian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Op2E38f1E

its a recent interview of ak46. Do any of you can translate?

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
  #107
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
I'd like too.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  #108
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,652
vCash: 500
Looks like he's having a good tournament so far at the WC, 7 points in 5 games.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
  #109
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Looks like he's having a good tournament so far at the WC, 7 points in 5 games.
That's all? Wow, he's being so lazy!

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
  #110
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Oh no!

Not another one of those Russian interviews!

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:51 PM
  #111
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,337
vCash: 500
He blames Martin for not calling timeout.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 10:04 PM
  #112
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 500
He said he just arrived from montreal and that he didn't talk with the Belarrussia'HC yet. After that he said that in regular season it was always tight against the Bruins so everyone in the lockeroom expected the series to go in 6-7.

Then the dude asked him : Did we see the same AK at the begin -the middle and the end of the season ? AK said yes , he felt good all year but he had tuff moment in the middle of season and that he had some "communication problem with Martin" (he didn't understand what JM wanted from him).

Next question : what will happen next year ? AK said he didn't know, his contract ended and we will see what the organisation will do , but HE LOVES MONTREAL AND WOULD LIKE TO STAY HERE.

then he talked about IIHF


Last edited by Bieber fever: 05-08-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:42 PM
  #113
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
He said he just arrived from montreal and that he didn't talk with the Belarrussia'HC yet. After that he said that in regular season it was always tight against the Bruins so everyone in the lockeroom expected the series to go in 6-7.

Then the dude asked him : Did we see the same AK at the begin -the middle and the end of the season ? AK said yes , he felt good all year but he had tuff moment in the middle of season and that he had some "communication problem with Martin" (he didn't understand what JM wanted from him).

Next question : what will happen next year ? AK said he didn't know, his contract ended and we will see what the organisation will do , but HE LOVES MONTREAL AND WOULD LIKE TO STAY HERE.

then he talked about IIHF
I'm impressed... considering the nightly flogging he takes on L'Antichambre

The problem is that he is pretty much a no show on those must-win PO games.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
  #114
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,562
vCash: 500
Are Plekanec or Kostitsyn playing any good in that tournament?

Belarus and the Czech Republic have taken great care in building their rosters and, as a result, the Belarusian and Czech teams are built like their Olympic teams, give or take a player or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm glad they didn't go play for Canada, this tournament is a joke. It's not a fair representation and really means nothing.
Hockey Canada considers that tournament not as a joke but as a place where to train young players that will, one day, be part of Olympic rosters, like Jeff Skinner or John Tavares.

Plus it doesn't exactly mean nothing; the process through which a country qualifies for the Olympics uses the country's standings at the Worlds. Canada only really needs to stay in the top-6 (or is that a top-8) of the IIHF World Rankings to have an automatic Olympic qualification. End result: if Canada can consistently finish in the top 4 at the WCs, Olympic qualification will be secured.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
  #115
habsfan92
Registered User
 
habsfan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
You gotta wonder though-AK 7 points in 5 games, and the only game winners with 2, Grabovski 4 points in 6 games and averages more than a minute per game higher than AK. So Ak is outperforming a 30 goal scorer? Is he actually better or is the world stage so different in terms of style that he has more opportunity to display his skills?

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 09:40 AM
  #116
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
You gotta wonder though-AK 7 points in 5 games, and the only game winners with 2, Grabovski 4 points in 6 games and averages more than a minute per game higher than AK. So Ak is outperforming a 30 goal scorer? Is he actually better or is the world stage so different in terms of style that he has more opportunity to display his skills?
Grabo was playing on a crappy team and had all the PP minutes in TO. He's a great talent but AK is superior.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:00 AM
  #117
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Is Emelin playing in this tournament ? If he does, how is he performing so far ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:18 PM
  #118
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
You gotta wonder though-AK 7 points in 5 games, and the only game winners with 2, Grabovski 4 points in 6 games and averages more than a minute per game higher than AK. So Ak is outperforming a 30 goal scorer? Is he actually better or is the world stage so different in terms of style that he has more opportunity to display his skills?
Kostitsyn has 6 pts in 2 games, 3 in each vs Austria and Slovenia. I wouldn't put much stock into stats against weak teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Is Emelin playing in this tournament ? If he does, how is he performing so far ?
Emelin has been held pointless, 6-0-0-0 -1 27 pims

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
  #119
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
You gotta wonder though-AK 7 points in 5 games, and the only game winners with 2, Grabovski 4 points in 6 games and averages more than a minute per game higher than AK. So Ak is outperforming a 30 goal scorer? Is he actually better or is the world stage so different in terms of style that he has more opportunity to display his skills?
I guess it might have something to do with the bigger ice... The more space Kostitsyn have, the more he can hurt you because he's more skilled than Grabovski.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:22 PM
  #120
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Plek got 1 goal, 2 assists in the Czech win over the US

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
  #121
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
He said he just arrived from montreal and that he didn't talk with the Belarrussia'HC yet. After that he said that in regular season it was always tight against the Bruins so everyone in the lockeroom expected the series to go in 6-7.

Then the dude asked him : Did we see the same AK at the begin -the middle and the end of the season ? AK said yes , he felt good all year but he had tuff moment in the middle of season and that he had some "communication problem with Martin" (he didn't understand what JM wanted from him).

Next question : what will happen next year ? AK said he didn't know, his contract ended and we will see what the organisation will do , but HE LOVES MONTREAL AND WOULD LIKE TO STAY HERE.

then he talked about IIHF
Thanks! It's appreciated.

The communication problem with Martin is interesting. Martin doesn't look to be a great communicator. What is going to be with Emelin? Markov-Emelin pairing to help him during the first year?

OpenIceHit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:45 PM
  #122
canadianeh
Registered User
 
canadianeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
So if Yemelin is signing and is expected to be playing next year with the big club, does that mean Wiz is a goner, or that it's Wiz OR Markov at least?

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Wiz
Gill-Yemelin
Weber

Would be GREAT but you have to get rid of Spacek somehow. Wiz is too offensively gifted to let walk for nothing IMO. Hammer I feel is done.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
  #123
usernam
Registered User
 
usernam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,263
vCash: 500
He hasn't been bad so far against Canada. I counted 3 good hits half-way in the 1st...One on Ladd, one on Clutterbuck and didn't see who received the 3rd.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 02:53 PM
  #124
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
He hasn't been bad so far against Canada. I counted 3 good hits half-way in the 1st...One on Ladd, one on Clutterbuck and didn't see who received the 3rd.
If he can be a smaller but more skilled version of Komisarek he'd be a great addition.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
  #125
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,951
vCash: 500
Fail.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.