HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

WCSF | GAME 5 | Sharks vs Red Wings | 5:00PM PT | VERSUS (HD),TSN (HD),RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 500
Meh, don't worry too much about Detroit fans. They either (1) Are bandwagon fans that have never been to Michigan or (2) live in Detroit, so their life sucks anyways.

Sharks were the better team tonight. They were the worse team in game 3 and won. Now it's back to fair. We have 2 chances to beat the Wings. They won't go down easy, but we CAN do it.

Go Sharks.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Detroit WILL NOT beat this team 4 times in a row.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:37 PM
SactoShork
fun must be alwalys

I just hope the next game goes to OT.

enough of this regulation crap.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

@sharkvoice Randy Hahn

We''ll be back on Comcast SportsNet California Tuesday at 5pm PDT with Game 6 from Detroit.

Thereís a lot of things wrong with this country, but one of the few things still right with it is that a man can steer clear of the organized ******** if he really wants to. Itís a goddamned luxury, and if I were you, Iíd take advantage of it while you can.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Old
05-08-2011, 10:38 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyTB View Post
We can't even really move Marleau down because he will ruin the other two lines. Unless you put him on the 4th line. He may have also cost the team the game tying goal as the pass was headed to Seto for 1 timer with half the net but Marleau picked it off and got nothing out of it.
Great point on that last play. Same exact thoughts ran through my head when that play happened.

I'd yank him off the top PP unit as well and put Heater out there. Heater doesn't mesh with the 2nd PP unit and his talents are wasted.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
You do, at some point, take him our of critical situations. Now is that time.
Even with Marleau's piss poor game, the team still could have won the game. He also hasn't stopped them from winning the other three games thus far. You give the man, like you would give Niemi, the chance to redeem himself. This was his first truly poor game of the series. The others, he wasn't a liability. In general, he is not a liability out there. You don't drop him for one bad game. You have him use it for the next game.

Old
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Before we freak out too much, Vancouver got took to game 7 overtime and still won. I think we win this before that. And when it comes down to it the Sharks had most of the play while not playing desperate hockey, had the game in hand and Detroit had one exceptional shift in which they took the lead. That was their best shift of the game. Take a bounce the other way and we probably win that game. 2 more tries.

Last edited by allworldcaucasn*: 05-08-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old
Bizz06
Registered Goon

Quote:
@sharkvoice Randy Hahn

We''ll be back on Comcast SportsNet California Tuesday at 5pm PDT with Game 6 from Detroit.
Good. I dont want to hear Forslund call another Sharks game for a very long time, if ever again.

Old
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTooth View Post
I don't know if you're joking but Niemi let in more than just the Marleau goal. Two of which were possibly stoppable if he wasn't sprawled out and tangled up with his players after the first save.

I think a little more composure from Niemi would go a long way. He seems to overcommit and leaves a gaping hole in net a lot.
I have this itchy feeling that, we may be seeing Nitty at some point on Tuesday, if you know what I mean. Boy oh boy, I hope Niemi can prove me wrong though, just as he did tonight when I thought they'd put all out tonight in order not to go back to the joe for game 6.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:40 PM
ilikebigjoe

this IS a hit to san jose mentally.

they need to overcome it. like someone already said, how the sharks come to play tuesday will show a lot about this team and what they are truly about.

i know its not a kopitar-less kings team we're playing this round, and

i guess we were up 3-0 and not 2-1....but last round and this round we were up 3-1, lost game 5 at home. we should never go up 3-0 again lol....if ur up 3-0 and lose game 4 immediately the media has a field day. if ur up 2-1, then 3-1, the media doesnt say ****.

this team is 4-1 on the road this post-season. i think they are a better road team than home team. always thought that this season.

nemo step it up, thornton dont dive, marleau show up, everyone - play D and block shots, pp - show up, everyone- score more than 1 goal a period.

i called sharks in 7 from the start. i still believe, but man do the sharks always find a way to make you hurt. anything in less than 7 is a bonus.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Berto2k

w....t....f.... they need to get on some medication for this bipolar-ness already.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Bizz06
Registered Goon

Can't fault Niemi for his defense crumbling in front of him. He didnt even have a good shot at stopping the 4th goal cuz Setoguchi got in his way.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:44 PM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

This team makes me sad.

Old
sjsharklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSharkie View Post
They dont have to anymore...they only have to win twice in a row...and once is in their house

Old
baydrake
gutless performance

JR elaborates a little on his twitter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/Jeremy_Roenick/status/67432986404077568
Everyone can be mad at me for my comments. That's fine!! My oppinions r mine and iv always voiced them! Classless? Iv had worse said of me!!
Marleau has his fans and that's great! I am not one of them and won't pretend to be! I love the sharks w a passion and think the fans
Deserve a better effort than Marleau has given in this series!!!
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/pixxie13a/status/67429484940365824
@Jeremy_Roenick calls @SanJoseSharks Marleau "gutless" & DrewRemenda says JR might have an axe2grind, but he's dead wrong. JR, U got an axe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/Jeremy_Roenick/status/67430096436338689
nope no axe just call it like I see it

Old
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Even with Marleau's piss poor game, the team still could have won the game. He also hasn't stopped them from winning the other three games thus far. You give the man, like you would give Niemi, the chance to redeem himself. This was his first truly poor game of the series. The others, he wasn't a liability. In general, he is not a liability out there. You don't drop him for one bad game. You have him use it for the next game.
That was not his first piss poor game. It's the one that even the most ardent Marleau fan can't deny he **** the bed in. It's not like he hasn't sucked for the entire playoffs as far as a 7 million dollar man goes.

You tell me if a 2G 3A and .45GPG is acceptable from an elite player.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:46 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSharkie View Post
They only need to beat the Sharks two times in a row now.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Maybe the br00ns fan is just insecure. Like maybe he had a nightmare about the concussion-addled Savard or Bergeron having an unfortunate run in with Crankshaft in the SCF

Trolls gonna troll.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
This team makes me sad.
QFT.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
SactoShork
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydrake View Post
JR elaborates a little on his twitter:
I like all those guys.... JR, Patty and Drew. They sound nothing different from the boards here right now. they're all Sharks fans and want to see better.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:54 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
That was not his first piss poor game. It's the one that even the most ardent Marleau fan can't deny he **** the bed in. It's not like he hasn't sucked for the entire playoffs as far as a 7 million dollar man goes.

This. Tonight wasn't his first poor game. Tonight was his first absolutely horrible game. He's been coasting, not backchecking, and not blocking shots for the majority of the post-season. Just this game, his mistakes finally caught up to him and now even the Marleau supporters can't say anything.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

I don't consider invisible games piss poor. Those happen frequently and he was neither good nor bad. The fact of the matter is that one guy doesn't win or lose the team a game or a series. It wasn't just Marleau who let off the gas after Couture scored. It wasn't just Marleau that got scrambled in their own zone when Detroit put on the pressure.

I'm not going to look at points as a determining factor for sucking or not. There are more to winning playoff games than points and Marleau has contributed on the defensive side of it a lot more than people are willing to give him credit for because he's not putting up enough points for people's liking.

Marleau's stats have always come and gone. That's why he was told long ago to pick up his defensive game so that he can do something on the nights where he isn't scoring. Up until tonight, his defensive game was good. Your argument is very narrow-minded, imo. He hasn't been good enough for his own standards but that doesn't mean he has been piss poor.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
sjsharklover

Now that they are in this situation. What would you tell your team going into game 6 to possibly end it in Detroit?:

Old
05-08-2011, 10:57 PM
ISharkted

On the bright side....

1) They win one of the next two games

2) DW looks like an asshat and tries to salvage his job by shoring up the D in the offseason and possibly dealing with the Patty situation

3) DW gets fired and we have a new gm with a new direction for the organization

Would love to see more McGinn and less Pat.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:57 PM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I don't consider invisible games piss poor. Those happen frequently and he was neither good nor bad. The fact of the matter is that one guy doesn't win or lose the team a game or a series. It wasn't just Marleau who let off the gas after Couture scored. It wasn't just Marleau that got scrambled in their own zone when Detroit put on the pressure.

I'm not going to look at points as a determining factor for sucking or not. There are more to winning playoff games than points and Marleau has contributed on the defensive side of it a lot more than people are willing to give him credit for because he's not putting up enough points for people's liking.

Marleau's stats have always come and gone. That's why he was told long ago to pick up his defensive game so that he can do something on the nights where he isn't scoring. Up until tonight, his defensive game was good. Your argument is very narrow-minded, imo.
The only difference between tonight and 2007 was that an injured Pavel Datsyuk made him look stupid instead of a lazy Robert Lang. Exactly when is this defensive effort going to pick up? 2007 his mistake turned a 3-1 series into a 2-2 series and Detroit won the next two, first at home and then in San Jose. Looks like he just did the same damn thing.

Closed Thread