Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HAMRLIK in Calgary?

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2005, 11:00 AM
abracanada

vCash: 500
Prior to this rumour, Ken King was on the radio (960 I think) and stated the Flames were about to land a couple of exciting players. Looks like there is more good news to come.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada
Prior to this rumour, Ken King was on the radio (960 I think) and stated the Flames were about to land a couple of exciting players. Looks like there is more good news to come.

Hamrlik and, whoever the Forward gained for Lydman is?

Old
08-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader Zim
Hamrlik and, whoever the Forward gained for Lydman is?
I'm very interested to see what kind of return the Flames can fetch for Lydman. I think he is still an underated guy. If the Flames could ever find a way to hold on to him, which seems unlikely at this point, that would be an amazing defense group. There should be plenty of interest in a guy like Lydman, who is still relatively young, logs a ton of minutes, skates well and contributes at both end of the rink.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
08-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04
The western conference is a wrap.
Nothing is really ever a wrap. IMO Calgary still has to prove that they've got the secondary scoring neccesary and that Kipper can keep up his stellar form. Calgary will definately be a handful and then some, and you've got the right man running the ship.

Old
08-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada
Man this is like a nightmare for an Oiler fan!!! You guys were solid before these moves, if there's another solid forward coming back to you guys then there's no doubt that you should be the favorites in the West if all goes well.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:14 AM
OilKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
Man this is like a nightmare for an Oiler fan!!! You guys were solid before these moves, if there's another solid forward coming back to you guys then there's no doubt that you should be the favorites in the West if all goes well.
Yep. Us Flames fans are lovin' every minute of it...

Old
08-14-2005, 01:13 PM
saillias

*Pipe dream* (WARNING: HOMERISH IDEA BELOW)

For this 2nd exciting player, if Morrow has took Dallas to arbitration, he's got Dallas by the balls who are going to struggle to stay under the cap. They've already signed Zubov and Modano, and there's no way they're getting rid of Guerin. Maybe they would just be better off trading him for what they can get rather than letting him sit/become a UFA (unsure of what would happen in the new CBA). If not Morrow, then maybe Arnott. Either way, we could dump Lydman and pick up a forward that puts to rest any of the whining about our secondary scoring.

Old
08-14-2005, 04:48 PM
abracanada

Here is a pretty good indication that Hamrlik is a Flame.

http://nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSear...p?OIDTeam=8381

Old
08-14-2005, 05:30 PM
abracanada

TSN has the story too.

http://tsn.ca/

Old
08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
fedorov_jr

Send a message via ICQ to fedorov_jr Send a message via MSN to fedorov_jr
flames top 6 dmen??

hamrlik - regehr
warrener - leopold
phaneuf - lydman

ference as number 7? does that sound about right? barring a trade of course

Old
08-14-2005, 06:11 PM
orcatown

If I'm adding this up right Calgary is very close to the cap with still Kobasew and Lombardi to sign.

see site http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7006

With Hamrlik makes it something over 37,000. Need to leave room for insurance and such so can't really go up to 39.

To get Kobasew and Lombardi in under cap would assume a trade will be made. However cannot, I think, expect players back because they would have to get under the cap. If anyone is moved I assume it will be for draft choices.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:15 PM
PapaBear*

its hammer time - you cant touch this.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Resolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
If I'm adding this up right Calgary is very close to the cap with still Kobasew and Lombardi to sign.

see site http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7006

With Hamrlik makes it something over 37,000. Need to leave room for insurance and such so can't really go up to 39.

To get Kobasew and Lombardi in under cap would assume a trade will be made. However cannot, I think, expect players back because they would have to get under the cap. If anyone is moved I assume it will be for draft choices.
Actually, that list includes Hamrlik and has team payroll at $33.7 million. TSN still hasnt figured out that it is the salary for cap purposes that matters, not actual salary, so the Flames are actually around $35-36 million at the moment, with Lombardi and Kobasew to to be signed, and Sauve's deal disclosed.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:19 PM
PapaBear*

my take is flames are gonna go with Sauve as Kippers backup this year. Goalie coach David marcoux is a pretty big fan of Sauve, and believe he can handle it - "he is nhl ready"

I say Lydman will be shipped out, perhaps in a package for a 2nd line center - someone big and good on faceoffs.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:21 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorov_jr
flames top 6 dmen??

hamrlik - regehr
warrener - leopold
phaneuf - lydman

ference as number 7? does that sound about right? barring a trade of course
Reg and Leo will never be broken up. Expect to see pairings like this.

Reghr-Leopold
Warriner-Hamrlik
Phaneuf-Ference

Or perhaps if Sutter really wants Phaneuf to play with mentor Warriner. I wouldnt mind seeing this pairing myself - more balance to the 3rd set and no weaknesses throughout. This is "Ferences" year to setup! He's got all the tools.

Reghr-Leopold
Hamrlik-Ference
Warriner-Phaneuf

Old
08-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Eddie Vedder

as a vancouver fan i couldnt be more unimpressed.. you get hamrlik and get to trade a dman possibly for another scorer...

sutter has been a shark since the end of the lockout.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Resolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBrew
as a vancouver fan i couldnt be more unimpressed.. you get hamrlik and get to trade a dman possibly for another scorer...

sutter has been a shark since the end of the lockout.
Boy, if that doesnt make you smile, I dont know what will.

Old
08-15-2005, 04:02 AM
sensens

Calgary's top-6 is now truly impressive - Regehr, Leopold, Warrener, Hamrlik, Ference, Phaneuf... no question in my mind that Lydman is the odd man out. Unlikely, I realize, but in light of the Demitra & Roenick deals in Los Angeles is there any chance that there could be a deal swung to bring Conroy back into the fold? He and Lydman have pretty comparable salaries, and the Kings might be pretty happy to have Demitra and Roenick each take a centre role on their scoring lines. Personally, I'd love to see Conroy back on the team, but I realize that's probably a longshot.

I could certainly understand it if Lydman were moved for just draft picks... at some point the payroll has to come under control, and I think it will be pretty important for the more competitive teams to try to leave some cap room for deadline additions.

Old
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
chriss_co

I think Conroy is too expensive for us

frankly i think any 2nd line center will be too expensive to bring in even if we end up shipping lydman

im thinking that lydman will go for probably a 2nd rounder or perhaps a prospect (hopefully no less than a 2nd tho.... i mean, we did get commodore for a 3rd)

Closed Thread