HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFOIL Mock Entry Draft Game 2011- 5 Hour Rotation now!

Old
05-09-2011, 01:38 PM
DousedInOil

vCash: 500
So the HFOil board has been pretty dead for a while now and we have had a lot of talk about having a mock draft but I haven't actually seen one posted officially. I know we started the last one May 1st in 2009. I figure we can use the same rules as before. A special thanks to Soli for the same format. I hope he doesn't mind as it worked very well last time. If you would like to be part of the show and a commish please contact me.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=19107870&postcount=1
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...highlight=Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil
HFOIL MOCK DRAFT GAME '11

Commissioners: DousedInOil & ThePerfectStorm

Welcome GMs. I direct you to the section in the CBA detailing the rules and etiquette for this years (Mock) Entry Draft:

Collective Bargaining Agreement - Section: (Mock) Entry Draft

This is the Entry Draft for the draft class of '11.

The start of the Entry Draft will be May 13th. Trading will be allowed on May 12th till the end of the Draft.

30 GMs will each manage their own franchise through 5 rounds. Additional round will be added based on interest at the end of the 5th round.

Once assuming the GM position of a franchise, use your first post to setup your draft headquarters. Your Draft HQ will be linked to your franchise in the signup sheet, so it's fairly important. This post should be used to list your draft picks for the 2011 draft (and whom you draft with those picks as that information becomes available), your starting roster for 2012, trades you may have made, and your direction for the offseason.

Trades are allowed. The cap will be increased to 10% of the current cap, making the cap ceiling this offseason is 65.33 million. All trade will go through the Commissioners (DousedInOil) for cap approval. We will be using nhlnumbers.com/capgeek for our caphit reference.

Regarding UFAs and RFAs – You cannot sign a UFA or an RFA to a contract. In building your rosters for the upcoming season, you may use their last caphit as a marker for their share in your cap space. RFA's will have a 10% increase on their cap hit. At the end of the game, a jury of your peers will determine whether or not the UFAs on your roster are feasible and realistic based on their contract, your capspace, and general discretion. As it is, UFAs shouldn’t hold very much value in trades. Players can be placed on waivers. If they are it must be posted in this thread. Any teams that want to make a claim can either reply to the post in here OR send me a PM. The GM with the lowest standing who puts a claim in will get the player. Buyouts will not be permitted.

Familiarize yourself with your franchises draft picks that they may have acquired or may have moved in prior trades. A very good site for this can be found here. (Thanks to The Head Crusher!). If picks that you hold have built in conditions that are confusing or unclear or undetermined as of yet, post and we shall determine as a group.

Each GM on the clock will have 5 hours to make their draft selection. A freeze will occur from 1am to 6am. Thus is someone was on the board as of 11pm, they would have until 9am to make their selection. After time has elapsed, your pick will be made by your fellow GMs. Please PM the next GM in the draft order after you make your selection.

Any GM that misses two selections will be removed from their franchise. A new GM shall be assigned to the franchise.

The Draft Order is based upon the '10-'11 standings. 1 - 14 have been established and 15 - 30 will be determined through the playoffs till the beginning of the draft. Franchises that are still in the playoffs at the start of the game will be positioned by points in the regular season.

Enjoy your work GMs. If the Trade Deadline Game is any indication, all the participants should enjoy themselves thoroughly.

ANAHEIM – kickaction
ATLANTA – Joey Moss
BOSTON – Soli
BUFFALO – iCanada
CALGARY – DousedInOil
CAROLINA – dixs35
CHICAGO – Oilbleeder
COLORADO – brentz0r
COLUMBUS – molsonoilers
DALLAS – BlowbyBlow
DETROIT – Mr Bugg
EDMONTON – dnicks17
FLORIDA – TimHortons
LOS ANGELES – LetsgoOilersEberle
MINNESOTA – SK13
MONTREAL – oilers92
NASHVILLE – Knee
NEW JERSEY – JLW
NEW YORK ISLANDERS – Fourier
NEW YORK RANGERS – Mohaj
OTTAWA – Jimmi Jenkins
PHILADELPHIA – bretzky15
PHOENIX – Oilersfan2354
PITTSBURGH – MagnusPaajarvi
SAN JOSE – Blinding Lights
ST. LOUIS – vyEyezPK
TAMPA BAY – The Head Crusher
TORONTO - TheStig
VANCOUVER – SlickOil
WASHINGTON – ThePerfectStorm

I will let a few posters take their respective teams before I select a team. I.E. whatever team is left that no one wants will be the team that I will select. This thread will be specifically for trading, talking to other GM's, selecting teams and discussing your teams rosters and HQ. We will have a seperate thread for the actual draft selections on May 24th. Give that their are 5 rounds with 30 selections in each round at 10 hours a peice that leaves us with a maximum total of 1500 hours or 62.5 days. Although their are only 45.5 days until the draft I expect that selections will be made much faster then this! If I missed anything please let me know! Here is a template:

*team*
*team*

GM: GM NAME
Contact via PM

*Team* 2011 Draft Board
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

ACTIVE ROSTER 2011/2012 LINEUP WITH CONTRACTS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Player Name ($0.000m) / Player Name ($0.000m) / Player Name ($0.000m)
Player Name ($0.000m) / Player Name ($0.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Player Name ($0.000m)

GOALTENDERS

BUYOUTS: Player Name ($0.000m) *These only include buyouts that are already with the system.

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $00,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $00,000,000; BONUSES: $0,000,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $00,000,0000

POTENTIAL SIGNINGS
PLAYERSTATUSCAPHIT
Player Name UFA/RFA $0.00M

Top 10 Prospects

ORGANIZATIONAL NEEDS

Untouchable Players

TRANSACTIONS

Team AAcquiredTeam BAcquired
*team logo*TBDTBDTBD

List of Trades:
  • Chicago trades Ivan Vishnevskiy & Kyle Beach to Toronto for Nikolai Kulemin
  • Calgary trades Jarome Iginla & Curtis Glencross to Boston for the 9th Overall, 115th Overall, & Steven Kampfer
  • Dallas trades Stephan Robidas & Jamie Benn to Montreal for James Wisniewski, Yannick Weber, 17th overall, & 3rd round selection 2012
  • Calgary trades the 9th Overall to Minnesota for Brent Burns
  • Boston trades Micheal Ryder to Dallas for the 135th Overall pick
  • Dallas trades the 14th Overall, the 17th Overall pick & Scott Glennie to Minnesota for the 10th Overall and Pierre Marc-Bouchard
  • Nashville trades Shea Weber & Colin Wilson To Edmonton for the 1st Overall pick, Ales Hemsky and Liam Reddox
  • Boston trades Chris Kelly, Daniel Paille & Andrew Ference to Los Angeles for the 49th Overall & Nicolas Deslauriers
  • Florida trades Rostislav Olesz to Chicago for Brian Campbell
  • Carolina trades Brian Dumoulin to Dallas for Mark Fistric & Trevor Daley
  • Vancouver trades Alexander Edler, Kevin Bieksa, Mason Raymond, & Cody Hodgson To Calgary for Mark Giordano, Greg Nemisz, Rene Bourque &
    the 104th Overall
  • Ottawa trades Brian Lee to Boston for Zach Hamill
  • Ottawa trades Milan Michalek, Bobby Butler & the 35th Overall to Colorado for Ryan O'Reilly & David Jones
  • Los Angeles trades Drew Doughty to Washington for Mike Green
  • Vancouver trades Daniel Sedin & Henrik Sedin to Florida for Erik Gudbranson, 3rd Overall Pick, & David Booth
  • Nashville trades Steve Sullivan to St.Louis for the 71st Overall & 84th Overall
  • Nashville trades JP Dumont, Kevin Klein & 111th Overall to Chicago for Chris Campoli & Rostislav Olesz
  • Chicago trades Marcus Kruger & 108th Overall to Vancouver for Manny Malhotra
  • Los Angeles trades Dustin Penner to Colorado for Jay McClemment & 92nd Overall
  • Washington trades Semyon Varlamov & Evgeny Kuznetzov to Calgary for Miikka Kiprusoff & Ryan Howse
  • Colorado trades Paul Stastny & Peter Budaj to Vancouver for the 30th Overall, Cory Schneider & Sergei Shirokov
  • Philadelphia trades Brendan Ranford & 114th Overall to Minnesota for Josh Harding
  • Carolina trades Tim Gleason & 72nd Overall to Minnesota for 17th Overall and 100th Overall
  • Dallas trades Mike Ribeiro & Niklas Grossman to Phoenix for Martin Hanzal & Rostislav Klesla
  • Nashville trades Francis Bouillon & Jerred Smithson to Edmonton for Colin Fraser & Kurtis Foster
  • Washington trades Jason Chimera to the Carolina Hurricanes for the 101st Overall, 102nd Overall & Justin Shugg
  • Buffalo trades Ryan Miller to Philadelphia for Jeff Carter & Scott Hartnell
  • Buffalo trades Jason Pominville & Mike Weber to Ottawa for Sergei Gonchar & Chris Niel
  • Calgary trades Olli Jokinen to Carolina for Bob Sanguinetti & 42nd Overall
  • Los Angeles trades Jonathan Bernier, Wayne Simmonds, Derek Forbort, Andrei Loktionov, & Thomas Hickey to Toronto for Luke Schenn,
    Jerry D'Amigo, & the 99th overall pick
  • Colorado trades Joey Hishon & 30th Overall to Minnesota for the 14th Overall
  • Anaheim trades 22nd Overall, 82nd Overall, Jason Blake, & Sheldon Brookbank to Montreal for Mike Cammeleri & Jared Tinordi
  • Washington trades Alexander Semin & 119th Overall to San Jose for Ryane Clowe, Nick Petrecki, & 87th Overall
  • Los Angeles trades Jack Johnson to San Jose for Kent Huskins, Torrey Mitchell & 27th Overall
  • San Jose trades Dany Heatley, Scott Nichol, Jamal Mayers, & 117th to Los Angeles for Dustin Brown, Kyle Cliffard, & Brad Richardson
  • Los Angeles trades Scott Nichol to Boston for Anton Khudobin
  • Buffalo trades Paul Gaustad & Steven Shipley to Washington for Braden Holtby, Boyd Gordon & 102nd Overall
  • Calgary trades 13th Overall to Edmonton for 19th Overall and 31st Overall
  • Ottawa trades Chris Neil and Sergei Gonchar to Buffalo for Jason Pominville & Mike Webber
  • San Jose trades Patrick Marleau, Charlie Coyle, 58th Overall, & 1st Round in 2012 to New Jersey for Zach Parise
  • Nashville trades Joel Ward to Washington for Eric Fehr
  • Nashville trades Cal O'Reilly to Ottawa for Cody Bass & Ryan Potulny
  • Ottawa trades Jason Spezza & 66th Overall to Los Angeles for Anze Kopitar & Alec Martinez
  • Phoenix trades Nicklas Grossman to Buffalo for Brad Boyes

Last edited by DousedInOil: 05-21-2011 at 03:30 PM.
DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 01:46 PM
dnicks17

I'll take the Oilers.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
I'll take the Sens please.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I'll take the Oilers.
All yours! Prepare to be loved or hated by the massive oiler following haha. I'll update the list as soon as I get back from the movies

Old
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I'll take the Sens please.
Done! Please make up an HQ and I will link it in the original post.

Old
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Sounds like you run a tight ship, DiD. If possible, I would like to join and represent the Florida Panthers.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Sounds like you run a tight ship, DiD. If possible, I would like to join and represent the Florida Panthers.
You got it!! Haha don't want it to sound like a tight ship but from experience we tend to lose GM's in the later rounds. So its best that we have a 10 hour limit or else you can go on forever. Also having the draft 10 days after trading starts gives teams time to setup their draft order and do some research

Old
05-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Hopkins to Hall

I would like to represent the New Jersey Devils if I may?

Hopkins to Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
bzur

The trade deadline one was fun.. I'd be interested in taking part in this.
I wouldn't mind taking the Avalanche if they are available.

bzur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
hfboardsuser

Detroit, please!

And if I may make a suggestion, should we look at a sliding clock for the later rounds? ie Round 1, 10 hours, Round 2 8 hours, Round 3 6 hours, Round 4 4 hours, Round 5-7 2 hours? People would be encouraged to send lists then to other GMs they trust in order to make picks on time.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Detroit, please!

And if I may make a suggestion, should we look at a sliding clock for the later rounds? ie Round 1, 10 hours, Round 2 8 hours, Round 3 6 hours, Round 4 4 hours, Round 5-7 2 hours? People would be encouraged to send lists then to other GMs they trust in order to make picks on time.
Detroit is yours! Can't wait to see what steals you have up your sleeve Bugg. Also I'm up for having the time reduced as rounds go on but I have two concerns:

1. When the rounds switch their will be some confusion.

2. 4 hours and 2 hours are too low especially with people's sleeping schedules. I think 6-8 hours would be the miniumum amount of time for people to realize they are up. Having said that teams are encouraged to submit their lists prior to so that they don't miss their turn.

Old
LetsgoOilersEberle

I'll take Los Angeles please,
Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I make a team HQ?

LetsgoOilersEberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fourier

I'd be happy to take the Islanders.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

I don't mind at all. If you have any inquires or want to bounce ideas off me, I'd happily give whatever nuggets of wisdom I have.

I'll represent Boston.

Also... when I did this a couple years ago, the lull from when trading was opened to when the draft started proved to be too long (I think we had it at a week). I'd suggest the draft start 4 or 5 days after trading is allowed.

Last edited by Soli: 05-09-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 03:45 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I don't mind at all. If you have any inquires or want to bounce ideas off me, I'd happily give whatever nuggets of wisdom I have.

I'll represent Boston.

Also... when I did this a couple years ago, the lull from when trading was opened to when the draft started proved to be too long (I think we had it at a week). I'd suggest the draft start 4 or 5 days after trading is allowed.
Thanks Soli! I figured the 24th was a memorable day but if things are looking up we could start earlier. Would you like to be commish again this year?

Old
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Thanks Soli! I figured the 24th was a memorable day but if things are looking up we could start earlier. Would you like to be commish again this year?
I'll pass, my next two months are going to get pretty hectic.

I'd suggest persuading a Mod to play and commish as well. Being able to edit posts makes thing much easier for posting transactions and keeping the draft board going. It was mostly verifying transactions that kept Ryan and I busy. If you can figure out how to segregate the work into equal halves so half of the field sends transactions to one commish and the other half sends it to the other commish, well my hats off to you. But you seem to be online enough that if you're game you can handle the majority of the workload yourself.

Old
05-09-2011, 04:08 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
I'm in I would like carolina if they are available.

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I'll pass, my next two months are going to get pretty hectic.

I'd suggest persuading a Mod to play and commish as well. Being able to edit posts makes thing much easier for posting transactions and keeping the draft board going. It was mostly verifying transactions that kept Ryan and I busy. If you can figure out how to segregate the work into equal halves so half of the field sends transactions to one commish and the other half sends it to the other commish, well my hats off to you. But you seem to be online enough that if you're game you can handle the majority of the workload yourself.
Thanks Soli!! Best of luck in the game. Any mods ready to participate?

Old
05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Delta Cubes

anaheim

Delta Cubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Ottawa Senators

GM: Jimmi Jenkins
Contact via PM

The Ottawa Senators are proud to select...

Round 1: 6th Overall - Ryan Strome, C, OHL
Round 1: via Nas 21st Overall - Nicklas Jensen, F, OHL
Round 2: via Chi 48th Overall - Joel Edmundson, D, WHL
Round 2: via Bos 59th Overall - Logan Shaw, F, QMJHL
Round 4: 95th Overall - Alexander Ruuttu, C, Jokerit Jr.
Round 4: via Was 119th Overall
Round 5: 125th Overall
Round 5: via Was 149th Overall
Round 6: 155th Overall
Round 6: via Phx 170th Overall
Round 7: 185th Overall
Round 7: via Pit 203rd Overall

ACTIVE ROSTER 2011/2012 LINEUP WITH CONTRACTS

Senator Forwards
______Left Wing____________Center____________Right Wing
David Jones ($2.500M) Joe Thornton ($7.000M) Brooks Laich ($3.625M)
Jason Pominville ($5.300M) Ryan O'Reilly ($0.900M) Devon Setoguchi ($2.150M)
Zach Hamill ($1.500M) Peter Regin ($1.00M) Ryan Shannon ($1.200M)
Zach Smith ($0.725M) David Steckel ($1.100M) Jesse Winchester ($0.750M)
 Cal O'Reilly ($0.675M) Stephan De Costa ($1.325M)

Senator Defensemen
________Left Defense________________Right Defense________
Erik Karlsson ($1.300M) Chris Phillips ($3.084M)
Filip Kuba ($3.700M) Alec Martinez ($1.25M)
Mike Webber ($0.825M) Tom Poti ($2.875M)

Senator Goalies
Craig Anderson ($3.188M)
Robin Lehner ($0.900M)

Contract Buyout
Cheechoo, J. ($1.167M)
Alfredsson, D. ($0.700M)
Emery, R. ($0.563M)

CURRENT 20011/2012 CAP HIT: 22 Players = $49.102M
SIGNINGS
PLAYERSTATUSCAPHITCONTRACTNEGOTIATION
Pascel Leclaire UFA $3.800M TBD Will not be resigned
Marek Svatos UFA $0.800M TBD Won't be resigned
David Hale UFA $0.675M Looking for a permanent NHL Job Won't be resigned
Mike Brodeur UFA $0.600M $0.700M 2yr, 2-way deal
Ryan Shannon UFA $0.625M $1.200M has agreed to a new 3yr $3.6M deal
Andre Benoit UFA $0.550M $0.580M 2yr, 2 way deal
Francis Lessard UFA $0.550M Looking for an NHL Job Negotiations ongoing
Derek Smith UFA $0.550M $0.575M 2yr, 2-way deal
Curtis McElhinney UFA $0.535M TBD Won't be resigned
Ryan Keller UFA $0.525M TBD Won't be resigned
Brooks Laich UFA $2.067M $3.625MAcquired from Washington 4yr $14.5M
Nicklas Wallin UFA $2.650M TBD Acquired from San Jose, negotiations on going
Bobby Butler RFA $0.900M Looking for a raise Traded to Colorado
Colin Greening RFA $0.850M $0.900M 3yr $2.7M
Erik Condra RFA $0.800M $0.850M 2yr $1.7M
Roman Wick RFA $0.740M $0.800M 2yr $1.6M and traded to NJ
Zach Smith RFA $0.584M $0.725M Resigned 2yr $1.45M
Geoff Kinrade RFA $0.550M $0.610M 2yr $1.62M
Kaspar Daugavins RFA $0.537M $0.575M 2yr $1.15M
Jason Bailey RFA $0.504M $0.550M 1 yr $0.550M
Cody Bass RFA $0.500M Looking for a full-time NHL job Traded to Nashville
Ryan Potulny RFA $0.500M Looking for an NHL job Traded to Nashville
David Jones RFA $0.838M $2.5M Acquired from Colorado, Resigned 4yr $10M
Zach Hamill RFA $1.317M $1.500M Acquired from Boston, Resigned 2yrs $3M
Alec Martinez RFA $1.317M $1.250M Acquired from LA, Resigned 3yrs $3.75M
Cal O'Reilly RFA $0.562M $0.675M Acquired from Nashville, Resigned 1yr $675K
Mike Webber RFA $0.550M $0.825M Acquired from Buffalo, Resigned 3yr $2.475M
Devon Setoguchi RFA $1.80M $2.150M Acquired from San Jose, Resigned 2yr $4.3M

Top Prospects
1. David Rundblad, D
2. Jared Cowen, D
3. Robin Lehner, G
4. Jakob Silfverberg, C
5. Patrick Wiercioch, D
6. Louie Caporusso, C
7. Bobby Butler, RW
8. Jim O'Brien, C
9. Erik Condra, RW
11. Eric Gryba, D
12. Andre Petersson, LW
13. Colin Greening, C
14. Chris Wideman, D
15. Kaspars Daugavins, LW
16. Markus Sorensen, RW
17. David Dziurzynski, LW
18. Mark Stone, RW
19. Derek Grant, C

ORGANIZATIONAL NEEDS
  • Offensive Prospects
  • Scoring Secondary
  • Clear Cap Space
  • Add Picks

Players Available
  • Everyone but Karlsson and Anderson,
  • The Sens are going in a new direction after a trainwreck of a season

TRANSACTIONS

Zach HamillBrian Lee
Ryan O'Reilly, rights to David Jones (resigned 4yrs $10)Ott's 2nd round pick, Milan Michalek, rights to Bobby Butler
Cal O'ReillyCody Bass, Ryan Potulny
Anze Kopitar, Alec MartinezJason Spezza, Ott's 3rd round pick
Jason Pominville, Mike WebberChris Neil, Sergei Gonchar
rights to Brooks Laich (resigned 4yr $16.5M), Tom Poti, Stanislav Galiev, Wash's 5th round pickDaniel Alfredsson, Nick Foligno
David SteckelRoman Wick
Joe Thornton, Devon Setoguchi, Nicklas Wallin, Wash's 4th round picAnze Kopitar, Matt Cartner

Thanks to Head Crusher for the template

Last edited by Jimmi Jenkins: 05-29-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

GM: Soli
Contact Via PM

OFFSEASON STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS After a successful 2010 - 2011 season, The Boston Bruins look to the offseason to continue cementing themselves as a powerhouse in the Eastern Conference and a perennial Stanley Cup favorite. The following will be addressed in short order:

Claude Julien's job is safe. However, the organization will not turn a blind eye to the powerplay feebleness witnesses on the ice this past post-season. The assistant coaches will be held accountable and an assessed in the coming weeks. Candidates for an assistant coach position to specifically handle the powerplay will be interviewed, starting next week.

Tomas Kaberle will be re-signed. Tomas expressed interest to be a Boston Bruin and only a Boston Bruin when he limited his NTC to Boston last February. No doubt the rigors of being traded from Toronto, a city that he and his family had deep roots in for 8 years, affected his on-ice performance. The organization feels that as Tomas acclimatizes to Boston and his family properly settles in over the summer, his play will be rise to the caliber he is known for.

Mark Recchi has been extended another 1-year contract and we will wait patiently as he contemplates his playing future. He has earned that right.

Marc Savard's health is absolutely the 1st priority, and the Bruins organization will actively participate in his rehabilitation. Updates as they become available.

THE BOSTON BRUINS PROUDLY SELECT...

YEARROUNDOVERALLTRANSACTION
2011TOR 1st9thTraded to CGY
2011MIN 2nd40th 
2011LAK 2nd49th 
2011PHX 3rd80th 
2011BOS 4th115thTraded to CGY
2011DAL 5th135th 
2011BOS 5th145th 
2011BOS 6th175th 
2011FLO 7th183rdConditions on pick are unconfirmed
----
2012BOS 1st  
2012BOS 2nd Traded to TOR (Conditional on Kaberle re-signing with BOS or BOS advancing to the SCF)
2012BOS 3rd  
2012BOS 4th  
2012BOS 5th  
2012BOS 6th  
2012BOS 7th  

ROSTER & CAP HIT

M. Lucic ($4.083M) - D. Krejci ($3.750M) - N. Horton ($4.000M)
B. Marchand ($0.904M) - P. Bergeron ($5.000M) - J. Iginla ($7.000M)
C. Glencross ($1.200M) - R. Peverley ($1.325M) - T. Seguin ($3.250M)
M. Recchi ($1.950M - UFA) - G. Campbell ($1.100M) - S. Thornton ($0.813M)
S. Nichol ($0.850M)

Z. Chara ($6.917M) - D. Seidenberg ($3.250M)
T. Kaberle ($4.250M) - J. Boychuk ($1.875M)
B. Lee ($0.875M) - A. McQuaid ($0.575M)

T. Thomas ($5.000M)
T. Rask ($1.250M)

INJURED: M. Savard ($4.007M)

BUYOUT: P. Eaves ($0.258M)

CURRENT PAYROLL: $58,899,666
CAP SPACE: $6,430,334

SIGNINGS
PLAYERSTATUSCAPHITCONTRACTNEGOTIATION
Tomas Kaberle UFA $4.250M Re-signed $8.500M/2yrs 2 year deal takes Kaberle to 35 years of age. Allows for flexibility in 2013-2014 when Horton, Lucic, Seguin, and Thomas require new contracts
Brad Marchand RFA $0.904M Re-signed $2.713M/3yrs OR $2.800M/2yrs 10% raise on his $0.822M ELC. 3 year contract leaves him 1 year clear of UFA. Alternative contract is actual contract I would sign RFA too.
Mark Recchi UFA $1.950M TBD Contract tendered. Recchi contemplating if he wishes to play another year. He'll have to take a paycut of atleast half to stay with the team.
Curtis Glencross UFA $1.200M TBD Negotiations ongoing. Will be signed.
Scott Nichol UFA $0.850M Re-signed $0.850M/1year 1 year deal brings in the veteran agitator to provide depth in the FO, PK, and grit departments

TOP PROSPECTS
[1] RW - Jordan Caron
[2] LW - Ryan Spooner
[3] LD - Nicolas Deslauriers
[4] RW - Jared Knight
[5] CE - Maxime Sauve
[6] LD - Matt Bartkowski
[7] RW - Jamie Arniel
[8] CE - Zach Hamil
[9] LD - David Warsofsky
[10] LD - Ryan Button

IN SEARCH OF
(1) Cheap Bottom Pairing Defenseman
(∞) Draft Picks

TRADE BLOCK
Prospects. Currently on the chopping block is Jamie Arniel

Picks. Will package picks to move up. Will also consider moving down closer to selection time.

Transactions

Jarome Iginla & Curtis GlencrossTOR 1st '11, BOS 4th '11, Steven Kampfer
DAL 5th '11Michael Ryder
LAK 2nd '11 & Nicolas DeslauriersDaniel Paille, Chris Kelly & Andrew Ference
Brian LeeZach Hamil
Scott NicholAnton Khudobin

Last edited by Soli: 05-15-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old
05-09-2011, 05:51 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
I'll take the Yotes

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Hey DousedInOil, a couple questions...

How are UFAs and RFAs going to be handled?

What is the cap set at?

Buyouts? Waivers?

Old
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I will take Chicago if I may.

EDIT: I saw no one had Chicago, I'm taking them if anyone doesn't mind, changing my selection from the BJ's to the 'Hawks.

Last edited by Oilbleeder: 05-09-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
I'll take Atlanta!

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote