HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Mosetter27

vCash: 500
I see... welp im not THAT anal about it ... it looks damn close so its ok with me ....

Old
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
pelts35.com

Just got my Bobrovsky Metallurg jersey in the mail today. Can't wait to get on the ice with it on Friday and get some puck marks on it.

Old
05-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Phunhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Phunhog:

Voorhees SZ does sell the new road jerseys... they are hanging on the back wall and IIRC on some racks. I believe they customize what they sell, so I'd expect to be able to buy desired 2010-11 retro whites there.

I know for a fact from personal experience that they do customize Winter Classic jerseys with the proper kits and I believe that they are the same as the 2010-11 ones... I'd say the worst case scenario would be buying a blank some where and have them do you up.

...But I honestly believe I saw white blanks on the racks for sale... unless I'm confusing them with the old style roads (last season's) that they were selling. I suggest calling them to be 100% sure... Might even be able to order over the phone with a credit card and then picking up when done, although that is just a guess.

Good luck.
Thanx for the 411. BTW, how do you know what size to get? I'm 5'10" 205 lbs. X-large fits comfortable for t-shirts and such.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunhog View Post
Thanx for the 411. BTW, how do you know what size to get? I'm 5'10" 205 lbs. X-large fits comfortable for t-shirts and such.
I'm 5'8"-1/2 200-lbs and wear XL Tees and other shirts/jackets but find the Large Reebok jerseys to be the best fit... XL and larger don't feel bad chest-wise but the sleeves are too long for me... Large gives me perfect sleeve length and is comfy everywhere else. Unless you have long arms I'd think Large would work for you. Maybe you could go in a Modells or other retail store and try on a L & XL Premier for size and then call SZ to order.

HTH

Old
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

any body have any idea bout what kind of winter classic jersey they should go with in 2012? all we really have left is the one from the 80's or should they get crazy and come up with a futuristic design? I'm all for another new jersey for some reason. i was complainin a year ago about how many new jerseys weve been puttin out and how it goes against tradition but they wore me down. now i dont care. i say a nice new one (preferably black) to go as a new 3rd for the current set up. im thinkin about those new black adirondack jerseys.

Old
05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
PuckBoy33

WC unis

How about something like the Sandow SK knit shortened hem orange tops and Cooperall style breezers?

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers1981-82.html

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers1982-83.html

And hopefully by that time Richards will be gone or at least not wearing the "C"

Old
05-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Mosetter27

i saw a flyers "quakers" design that would be god damn awesome and i would buy at least 20 of! lol

Old
05-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Mosetter27

speaking of $20.... Modelles @ Franklin Mills Mall had about 20 or so Medium Blank 2010 W/C jerseys... picked me up about 8

Old
05-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
speaking of $20.... Modelles @ Franklin Mills Mall had about 20 or so Medium Blank 2010 W/C jerseys... picked me up about 8
On that subject... sorta... both the T.J.Maxx and the Marshall's in the strip mall grouping across Clement's Bridge Road from the Deptford Mall (NJ) has many of the just replaced white Reebok Premier jerseys in all sizes (through XXL) for $34.99... which means they can be customized at SkateZone for the complete total a little above $100.00.

Up through at least last week Boscov's had the black ones for around he same price... and Briere #48 single-ply ones for a bit more; I can't remember exactly but maybe $20.00 or so more.

...Wish somebody would put some orange blanks on similar clearance racks (sigh).

Old
05-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Mosetter27

lol i can have a few walk out hte back door @ skate Zone lol... pull the truck up @ 7:14 cluck like a chicken three times knock on the door the password is cream of chicken, at that point ill open the door and well load up. we'll only have 73 seconds before "tiny" the nightwatch man comes on his patrol so we have to be fast..

for the record I am not on drugs lol

Old
05-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
lol i can have a few walk out hte back door @ skate Zone lol... pull the truck up @ 7:14 cluck like a chicken three times knock on the door the password is cream of chicken, at that point ill open the door and well load up. we'll only have 73 seconds before "tiny" the nightwatch man comes on his patrol so we have to be fast..

for the record I am not on drugs lol
CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK...knock, knock, knock...psst: 'Cream of chicken'.........

... One question though; AM or PM?

Old
05-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Mosetter27

**** The Gigs Up Scatter! Lol!

Old
05-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
**** The Gigs Up Scatter! Lol!
Back to jerseys that 'fell off the truck' then... don't want to resort to flea market falsies for my fixes.

Old
05-16-2011, 02:14 PM
stygian16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Just got my Bobrovsky Metallurg jersey in the mail today. Can't wait to get on the ice with it on Friday and get some puck marks on it.
Can you tell me where you got this?

Old
05-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Phunhog

Well, my Flyers road Giroux came in the mail from Vorhees SZ and I have to say I'm a little bummed. It's heat pressed and twill out the azz. I had told the manager over the phone that i didn't want that, and he said "we don't do it that way here" and "we use the same company that does the Flyers use". Well then the Flyers must play in some crappy jerseys.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Well, my Flyers road Giroux came in the mail from Vorhees SZ and I have to say I'm a little bummed. It's heat pressed and twill out the azz. I had told the manager over the phone that i didn't want that, and he said "we don't do it that way here" and "we use the same company that does the Flyers use". Well then the Flyers must play in some crappy jerseys.
Dude, you were taken over... It's obvious to me that the turn around was much too short for them to have sent a blank to their 'people' and had the customization done and returned and mailed to you... They grabbed one of the pre-made jerseys that is sold in retail shops or at the Wells Fargo FanGear shops and sold it to you. That is not acceptable and I would return it, and if not rectified I would try and have the Credit Card company reverse the debit if purchased on a charge... You made an agreement for a stitched professional jersey and should have received nothing short of that.

When I had my blanks done at Voorhees SZ I was told it would take two weeks, and that is how long it took... I received professional on ice quality jerseys as promised... No way they did all that and transported it and then mailed it in such a short turnaround.

I am shocked... and I feel bad because I recommended them to you and gave them high praise for their work... I will not do such again in the future. You have my apologies, my friend.

Good luck with getting that rectified.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 05-16-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old
05-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Is it possible VSZ placed an order and the company that does the work just took a cheap one meant for a retail store and sent that directly to you without Voorhees SZ's knowledge? I find it hard to believe SZ would risk their good reputation like that.

Old
05-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Mosetter27

I wasnt aware they took orders by email/phone.... i will bring this up to tom when i see him... where did you order the jersey from exactly... as in how did you go about to get it..

Old
05-16-2011, 08:35 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Pics? Turn around time to PE is around a week btw.

Old
05-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Phunhog

over the phone, last friday. It suprised me it got here so quick. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if i can get this situation rectified. It's obvious now that they probably have the lower tier jerseys on hand and that's what i got.

Old
05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
over the phone, last friday. It suprised me it got here so quick. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if i can get this situation rectified. It's obvious now that they probably have the lower tier jerseys on hand and that's what i got.
Seriously, pics? PE does weird work and I'm not sure what you mean by twill out the wazoo and what not.

Old
05-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Mosetter27

wait.... you got a giroux? from vorhees.. they had them done up months ago... they are perfectly fine i have been looking at them hanging in the shop since september... its not heatpressed... post some pics...

Old
05-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Yea, there's no other way... had to be: order taken... grab jersey off rack... and get out in mail before last pick up. Friday order on a Monday delivery would have been fantastic had it been a stock jersey with sewn on kit the same size as the Flyers wear... but this is nothing more than getting a McDonald's burger at a special occasion restaurant.

To be honest I am totally disappointed with VSZ and they have lost good word of mouth promotion... Anyone who has been reading this thread knows how many people I have recommended them to, and now they have lost that.

At least I hope they didn't charge you top dollar for it.

Old
05-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Yea, there's no other way... had to be: order taken... grab jersey off rack... and get out in mail before last pick up. Friday order on a Monday delivery would have been fantastic had it been a stock jersey with sewn on kit the same size as the Flyers wear... but this is nothing more than getting a McDonald's burger at a special occasion restaurant.

To be honest I am totally disappointed with VSZ and they have lost good word of mouth promotion... Anyone who has been reading this thread knows how many people I have recommended them to, and now they have lost that.

At least I hope they didn't charge you top dollar for it.
Sawdalite... the guy dosent know what hes talking bout do not stop refering SZ

as said

In the begining of the season they grab 50 jersey and send them to PE to get done up as popular players this year it was Bobrovsky, Pronger, Giroux, Briere, Carter, & Richards

they are done up to the same standards as anyother jersey

they put them on the rack for Training Camp fans who want a jersey RIGHT AWAY not 2 weeks from now

most of the time they have 5 or 6 left by the end of the season of the 50 that were out there...

when are phuong called, they grbbbed one and sent it to him... it the same jersey me and you have... no chance he have the fake-me-out NHl.COM crap... ill bet my 300+ jersey collection which is worth SEVERAL thousands of dollars on it.

PHuong take some pics andpost them here... and explaing exactly what wrong with it...

Old
05-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Sawdalite... the guy dosent know what hes talking bout do not stop refering SZ

as said

In the begining of the season they grab 50 jersey and send them to PE to get done up as popular players this year it was Bobrovsky, Pronger, Giroux, Briere, Carter, & Richards

they are done up to the same standards as anyother jersey

they put them on the rack for Training Camp fans who want a jersey RIGHT AWAY not 2 weeks from now

most of the time they have 5 or 6 left by the end of the season of the 50 that were out there...

when are phuong called, they grbbbed one and sent it to him... it the same jersey me and you have... no chance he have the fake-me-out NHl.COM crap... ill bet my 300+ jersey collection which is worth SEVERAL thousands of dollars on it.

PHuong take some pics andpost them here... and explaing exactly what wrong with it...
Putting aside the Twill stuff (?) and concentrating solely on the heat pressed vs sewn issue... assuming double layered and correct size... the proof is in the pudding. Determining whether it is sewn or heat pressed is as simple as looking on the inside and either seeing or not seeing the back part of the stitches --duh-- I also would love to see a photo... one that shows which method was used on that Giroux.

... As I said, I was shocked to hear of VSZ selling a shoddy product... on the other hand, I don't want to call out anyone here. I'm hoping an honest mistake has been made and a photo can put any questions to rest... Until that time I'm not recommending anything.

That said, I honestly can only attest to what my personal experiences have been... and to date they have been perfect with using Voorhees SkateZone.

Closed Thread