HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Getting respect

Old
05-09-2011, 02:30 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Obviously you are NOT really rotted, despite what we may say about your starting lineup and your power play.

Thanks!
oh, man........they are really rotted............i would love it if we would yell that...cellblock 303 get moving on it.... adzy and I will handle it from the other end!!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 03:33 AM
cjcanucks

At the risk of posting here while many are still upset, I wanted to say how classy Preds fans are. Not only is the organization heading in the right direction, the fanbase is really impressive.

There have been Preds fans who have come over to Canucks message boards and have been nothing but upbeat, gracious and true fans of the game and their team. I'm sure the rivalry between our teams will grow but I hope the respect will prevail. In future years I believe I will become a Preds bandwagoner should my beloved Canucks not make it through and you guys go on.

cjcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

This playoffs is Nashville's coming out as an NHL town. I don't think there will be relocation talk for a long time, especially if the team builds off this in order to make sure it can pay for itself. It won't end all the skepticism from Northern hockey snobbery (or worse, Canadian) but if people mention Nashville as one of the failed Southern cities at this point, most of the board will correct them.

You did all NHL fans proud in these playoffs. Chalk up another success in the South for the NHL because you're right there with the Canes now as pioneers of a uniquely Southern hockey fanbase, which is fascinating to watch evolve.

Now if only the Panthers and Thrashers could click like this. Maybe with other Southern cities successful they'll be more tempted to give it a try. At any rate, congratulations on your first playoff series win and the credibility you've given your city and to an extent, your entire region, as a hockey market.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
This playoffs is Nashville's coming out as an NHL town. I don't think there will be relocation talk for a long time, especially if the team builds off this in order to make sure it can pay for itself. It won't end all the skepticism from Northern hockey snobbery (or worse, Canadian) but if people mention Nashville as one of the failed Southern cities at this point, most of the board will correct them.

You did all NHL fans proud in these playoffs. Chalk up another success in the South for the NHL because you're right there with the Canes now as pioneers of a uniquely Southern hockey fanbase, which is fascinating to watch evolve.

Now if only the Panthers and Thrashers could click like this. Maybe with other Southern cities successful they'll be more tempted to give it a try. At any rate, congratulations on your first playoff series win and the credibility you've given your city and to an extent, your entire region, as a hockey market.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post

I think what's really done it is the Preds management. Not to comment on the Panthers mgmt, but going by the stories of ATL, the management was/is the problem.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I'm guessing you mean the Thrashers.

I agree with you on the Preds management.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote