HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread 11: Gettin' Higgy With It

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2011, 12:44 AM
  #876
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,883
vCash: 3133
What Happened to the Sean Avery Movie?

Wasn't this announced like two years ago? I want to see it already.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is online now  
Old
05-09-2011, 01:02 AM
  #877
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
I dunno why, but for the last few hours Ive been having some severe sharp pains in my left hip. When i lift my leg its like..****ing painful. Walking is ok, but im dreading stairs, I have a feeling ill be crawling up them :/

Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 01:15 AM
  #878
blueshirt4lyfe
Registered User
 
blueshirt4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
At least when I was a freshman, there were definitely parties in the dorms. I lived in Kelly which is pretty much the ghetto of the dorms but it was awesome because we went crazy. Of course, that lead to some of my friends getting kicked off campus (which was actually a blessing in disguise since living off campus is baller). It mostly depends on how cool your RA is. The new dorms they built are good with parties and the West apartments are too. Tabler is pretty nice and it is suites. You'll learn to hate the stairs up to it but the people are pretty chill (it's pretty much the hippy/stoner quad).

There are decent frat parties every weekend and they do free rides from the SAC a lot of the time. They're always looking for new freshmen to join if that's your thing. My friends and I faked interest to get invited to parties early on, even exclusive mixers and stuff lol. But yeah, I'd get to know people that first weekend and build on from there. It doesn't take long at all to become acclimated to college life.

I'm going to miss it
isn't that roosevelt?

Also, seems like half the people in this forum are going or did go to stony

I got the H-Quad, I've heard its nice

blueshirt4lyfe is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 01:29 AM
  #879
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
The Count of Monte Cristo is on Pix11. One of my favourite movies forever


edit: the chop-job edit to fit it into whatever time frame they have here is awful. They just skipped out on a good 20 minutes of story going from the finding of the treasure to the balloon entrance.


Last edited by Hobgoblin Steve: 05-09-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 11:16 AM
  #880
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
isn't that roosevelt?

Also, seems like half the people in this forum are going or did go to stony

I got the H-Quad, I've heard its nice
Too bad everyone else is leaving by the time we're going in.

If I hate my roommates i'm going to flip a ****.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 03:05 PM
  #881
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
isn't that roosevelt?

Also, seems like half the people in this forum are going or did go to stony

I got the H-Quad, I've heard its nice
Actually, yeah, Roosevelt is probably the worst place to be on campus (outside of 'new Roosevelt, which is incredibly nice with 'new Kelly'). H Quad is on the opposite side of campus from Kelly so I haven't been there all too much but it's nice and is regarded as 'the athlete dorms'. I just meant that when I was dorming that Kelly had kind of a 'all bets off' kind of deal where it wasn't nice because people were going out of their minds each weekend. You'd wake up Saturday morning and walk past debris and pee stains and all other sorts of stuff because people were drunk the night before acting crazy. I loved that but, to be truthful, I think they're stricter over there now because of things like that. Either way, most places on campus are nice and I'm sure that the way certain dorms are regarded can be changed with incoming freshmen. I was just part of a hard partying '07 Kelly class haha.

Callahan Auto is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 03:21 PM
  #882
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
So, wrote a 7 page paper last night, due today.

Writing another 7 page paper now, due tomorrow.

Later tonight, have to write a 5 minute speech for another class, due tomorrow.

Have another 10 page paper due Monday and 4 finals next week.

All this is awful and the only way i can will myself through is that after next week, i will never have to take another test or write another paper in my life.

Puckface NYR* is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
  #883
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
Actually, yeah, Roosevelt is probably the worst place to be on campus (outside of 'new Roosevelt, which is incredibly nice with 'new Kelly'). H Quad is on the opposite side of campus from Kelly so I haven't been there all too much but it's nice and is regarded as 'the athlete dorms'. I just meant that when I was dorming that Kelly had kind of a 'all bets off' kind of deal where it wasn't nice because people were going out of their minds each weekend. You'd wake up Saturday morning and walk past debris and pee stains and all other sorts of stuff because people were drunk the night before acting crazy. I loved that but, to be truthful, I think they're stricter over there now because of things like that. Either way, most places on campus are nice and I'm sure that the way certain dorms are regarded can be changed with incoming freshmen. I was just part of a hard partying '07 Kelly class haha.
Thinking about SB like this is unfathomable after seeing the student body.

Do not look like the hard partying type at all.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 04:01 PM
  #884
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Thinking about SB like this is unfathomable after seeing the student body.

Do not look like the hard partying type at all.
Most aren't. Depending on what you want to do and the type of people you want to hang out with, there are always exceptions. It's such a big school that you'll find every type of person. Sure, most are nerds or something (I can tell you first hand as an economics major) but there's enough people that it's not a big deal. I wanted to get away from home and party in college and SBU definitely gives you the opportunity if you try. I think that's true with any school (and probably easier but whatever). Young people are young people even at SB haha.

Callahan Auto is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 04:08 PM
  #885
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,160
vCash: 500
No greater feeling than walking out of your last final. Even if you bombed it the second you hand that paper to the professor there's not a care in the world.

Hello summer, you look as gorgeous as ever

silverfish is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 05:04 PM
  #886
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
No greater feeling than walking out of your last final. Even if you bombed it the second you hand that paper to the professor there's not a care in the world.

Hello summer, you look as gorgeous as ever
I feel like my school is the only one in the nation to still have regular classes this week. I don't finish up for good until the 20th. 17 years of this **** and it still seems like it will never end.

Callahan Auto is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 05:38 PM
  #887
YetAnotherNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 297
vCash: 500


I just can't wrap my head around this one. It's like she just doesn't get how a three point turn is supposed to work. I just want to jump inside the video and turn the ****ing wheel for her

On the more concerning side: If this woman was able to get her license, I would be REALLY worried about driving in Hungary. God knows what could be out on those roads.


Last edited by YetAnotherNorwegian: 05-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.
YetAnotherNorwegian is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
  #888
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post


I just can't wrap my head around this one. It's like she just doesn't get how a three point turn is supposed to work. I just want to jump inside the video and turn the ****ing wheel for her

On the more concerning side: If this woman was able to get her license, I'm would be REALLY worried about driving in Hungary. God knows what could be out on those roads.
Being Hungarian, I can tell you the drivers there are abysmal. I fear for my life when the sun goes down

Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
  #889
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
I feel like my school is the only one in the nation to still have regular classes this week. I don't finish up for good until the 20th. 17 years of this **** and it still seems like it will never end.
Ive got this week classes, and next week classes (regular) May 25th or something is my last day

Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
  #890
Loffen
Legend
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 500
L.A. Noire's gonna be a good one.



The facial animations look insane. So real.

Loffen is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
  #891
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
L.A. Noire's gonna be a good one.



The facial animations look insane. So real.
Been pumped for this for a while. Can't wait.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 09:06 AM
  #892
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
first year of law school = done. yeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh buddy!

Stugots is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
  #893
Ail
Occult Knowledge
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
first year of law school = done. yeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh buddy!
Grats man.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
  #894
Loffen
Legend
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Been pumped for this for a while. Can't wait.
I didn't know about this game until last week. It has totally dodged my radar for some reason... It comes out next week already. Yayah!

Loffen is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
  #895
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,076
vCash: 500
Can't wait till L.A. Noire comes out too.

Also, is it bad that I've never seen Saving Private Ryan from beginning to end?

NYGRYK21 is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
  #896
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
first year of law school = done. yeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh buddy!
Was it as nightmare-ish as I've heard? Can't wait to start in the Fall.

we want cup is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
  #897
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Also, is it bad that I've never seen Saving Private Ryan from beginning to end?
Absolutely. Phenomenal movie.

we want cup is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 01:48 PM
  #898
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I didn't know about this game until last week. It has totally dodged my radar for some reason... It comes out next week already. Yayah!
Same... finally, a game with a storyline, and not some pointless FPS.

Bioshock, Alan Wake, now L.A. Noire... I just need to get Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain.

Jabroni is online now  
Old
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM
  #899
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Absolutely. Phenomenal movie.
Yeah lol, we just started watching it in AP US, got up to the part where Vin Diesel dies and Pvt. Jackson shoots the German sniper through the scope.

NYGRYK21 is offline  
Old
05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
  #900
Loffen
Legend
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Also, is it bad that I've never seen Saving Private Ryan from beginning to end?
Haha, really? Man. I remember watching SPR for the first time back in '99 when it came out on VHS. It's a masterpiece.

Loffen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.