HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Laviolette still building trust with captain Richards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
  #51
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I remember when Gretzky got traded by the Oilers..albeit for financial reasons..still nobody is untouchable and shouldn't be. That's just bad business...
Ed Snider is not going to be having financial difficulty any time soon. The only reason Gretzky got traded was because Pocklington sucked as a businessman elsewhere.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
  #52
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,159
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Thanks for the tweet...
Sorry, really couldn't muster up the energy for more. It's all it is though, a story out of nothing. So what if they're not BBFLs? They don't have to be, they're work-mates. So long as they don't openly dislike each other i'm down with it.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:09 PM
  #53
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Ed Snider is not going to be having financial difficulty any time soon. The only reason Gretzky got traded was because Pocklington sucked as a businessman elsewhere.
No but Paul Holmgren with the cap will...that is kind of the point.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM
  #54
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
No but Paul Holmgren with the cap will...that is kind of the point.
If Paul Holmgren having trouble with the cap led to him getting rid of longterm contracts, he would have traded Briere rather than Gagne last year.

That didn't happen.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
  #55
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
That's because he hates the Philly reporters, Tim. All of you. He's perfectly affable when interviewed by TSN or Versus.

There might have been some "locker room issues," but the witch hunt that's going on right now is insane. The team got comfortable. They weren't able to regain their mid-season form. Their goaltending didn't go well in the first series. They lost confidence. They got swept.

That's it. There are no hissy fits being thrown between Richards and Lavi on a day-to-day basis.
MRichie18
Tim Panaccio thinks I'm moody and withdrawn with him. Maybe because he writes articles that are no where close to being true

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
  #56
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
MRichie18
Tim Panaccio thinks I'm moody and withdrawn with him. Maybe because he writes articles that are no where close to being true

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:31 PM
  #57
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
MRichie18
Tim Panaccio thinks I'm moody and withdrawn with him. Maybe because he writes articles that are no where close to being true
I'm so glad he outed TIM as the ass that he is. Let's see how much BS these guys come up with now that there's pushback. They've been in control all this time but they can't do anything about Twitter.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
  #58
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
MRichie18
Tim Panaccio thinks I'm moody and withdrawn with him. Maybe because he writes articles that are no where close to being true
Is that actually him?

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
  #59
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
This will end up being interesting...

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Looks like PHI captain Mike Richards (@MRichie18) is getting into with PHI media, specifically @tpanotch.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
  #60
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Is that actually him?
Yeah, it's verified. I had my doubts at first too, but JVR and NHLFlyers are among his followers.

EDIT: Even Faketpanotch is getting into it...

faketpanotch Fake Tim Panaccio
@MRichie18 My articles always state the facts, Richie. And I'll thank you to say this to my mustached face next time I see you.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
  #61
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
This will end up being interesting...

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Looks like PHI captain Mike Richards (@MRichie18) is getting into with PHI media, specifically @tpanotch.
The more I think about it, that sounds like something that would come out of Pronger's mouth. Perhaps there's some behind the scenes coaching going on.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
  #62
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Haha good, Pannachio is an ass. Don't understand why the media can't just focus on Mike Richards the hockey player.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
  #63
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Haha good, Pannachio is an ass. Don't understand why the media can't just focus on Mike Richards the hockey player.
Controversy sells. "Nice" stories don't.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
  #64
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
The more I think about it, that sounds like something that would come out of Pronger's mouth. Perhaps there's some behind the scenes coaching going on.
I would love that. It kind of actually makes me laugh. I can just imagine Pronger and Richards sitting next to each other with a laptop in front of them, and Pronger saying "Hey, type this! That'll make him mad."

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:44 PM
  #65
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Controversy sells. "Nice" stories don't.
Why are reporters like him still allowed around the team after all the mishaps he's had with players/management over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_41JYXJdc

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
  #66
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Wow, actually a surprisingly tame response from Panotch.

tpanotch Tim Panaccio
Mike Richards is entitled to his opinion, as I am.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
  #67
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Richards problem is he says nothing so the media comes to their own conclusions.

Whats even worse is radio guys like macknow actually think timmeh is a good source and fans the BS flames over the air waves as well.

I like Morganti's POV...Good goaltending solves all chemistry issues...go get Vokoun, Nabby or Bryz.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
  #68
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
No one likes that freaking ass. Nice to see Richards stand up to his ********. Richards just played an entire season with a gimped hand. Go tell someone else about his " lack of desire".

Guy is a ****ing robot!

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
  #69
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Wow, actually a surprisingly tame response from Panotch.

tpanotch Tim Panaccio
Mike Richards is entitled to his opinion, as I am.
But if Panotch has no street cred why does it matter how he responds moreover this is grade school crap.

Also go figure... management (with Clarke and Lindros soap opera) and Richards with Panaccio are keeping things close to the vest and getting irritated by a prodding media. WOW..like that never happens...so shocked! Do people actually want the media to be the blind mouth piece and stenographers of management and the players for PR purposes? I for one don't. Sure they can't make crap up just for sensational purposes however I'm not so sure this is the case with this story since Lavi's own words pretty much confirm they have to iron some things out still.

Whether one personally dislikes the media or certain media figures is one thing and there is validity to it but some stories do have legs. Let's see how long they may be in this case and if some of this manifests itself next season in a not so great way. Again as Meltzer pointed out, it can mitigated and nipped in the bud and def agree with the point about getting a goalie and maybe some more character guys to make the chemistry better thus curing some of the angst with Lavi's coarse coaching style but effective system if implemented properly and with will power.

No need to rush to judge or incriminate just keep this legit issue in mind if things don't go as smooth next season. Again even if not a major issue now it can take on more relevance...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
  #70
Cmoneyflyguy
Registered User
 
Cmoneyflyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wayne, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 500
Sorry Doom, but to see you defend the Philly media is a bit sickening. Their **** rep is earned.
They constantly speculate, and take things out of context. It's one thing to editorialize, it's another to print supposition and speculation as fact.

One need only look to Pronger's comments on the Giroux situation to see a picture perfect example of their ineptitude.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM
  #71
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Sorry Doom, but to see you defend the Philly media is a bit sickening. Their **** rep is earned.
They constantly speculate, and take things out of context. It's one thing to editorialize, it's another to print supposition and speculation as fact.

One need only look to Pronger's comments on the Giroux situation to see a picture perfect example of their ineptitude.
You see me as defending them I'm trying to make the distinction that you can't always malign everything they do either. I don't take either extreme view but to each their own. To me extremes are "sickening." The media is necessary if they do their job correctly and with integrity. I have my issues with the media but I also have my issues with management..."lower body injury" anybody? I don't mind a prodding media but it doesn't mean I condone them making crap up either..that's not my stance but you can read into it as that all you want.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
  #72
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,815
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
You see me as defending them I'm trying to make the distinction that you can't always malign everything they do either. I don't take either extreme view but to each their own. To me extremes are "sickening." The media is necessary if they do their job correctly and with integrity. I have my issues with the media but I also have my issues with management..."lower body injury" anybody? I don't mind a prodding media but it doesn't mean I condone them making crap up either..that's not my stance but you can read into it as that all you want.
Well, I'm all in favor of being vague and secretive about injuries. Otherwise you're telling guys like Cooke and Downie exactly which body parts they should be targeting on your players.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
  #73
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well, I'm all in favor of being vague and secretive about injuries. Otherwise you're telling guys like Cooke and Downie exactly which body parts they should be targeting on your players.
Oh please ....yeah like Carter's injury wasn't so obvious from the video..what a load

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
  #74
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Oh please ....yeah like Carter's injury wasn't so obvious from the video..what a load
Well then what's the problem with them saying he has a lower body injury if you already know what it is?

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:09 PM
  #75
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,815
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Oh please ....yeah like Carter's injury wasn't so obvious from the video..what a load
In that case, yeah. You still don't want to tell them just how severe it is though.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.