HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards news thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
xxxZENxxx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I agree about keeping Anisimov. Kid has very high upside. Once he gets stronger, he's going to be a very tough player to play against. Long reach, good hands, good wrist shot.

Lindberg looks like a promising 4th line center.
In order to have high upside, you need to actually have "IT". AA just doesn't have "IT". He is soft and has confidence issues. Sounds like my sister. Seriously though, he is good player, but his upside is just around what you see now. And if that is the case, you have to move him if you can get an elite talent in return.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Agree with those expecting a drop in production in NY, and at 6 years is it worth the risk? I know it isn't going to happen but a shorter deal would have my support.
Exactly. Six years is way too long for 31. Gimme three or four years. Five is pushing it. Six I don't like either.

What are people going to say when he's 34-35 years old hogging up $6.5? Do we actually think he's going to be potting 50 assists all five-six years?

Who's to say, but it's risky and unnecessary, in my opinion.

Stay away from Richards unless it's less than 5 years.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
In order to have high upside, you need to actually have "IT". AA just doesn't have "IT". He is soft and has confidence issues. Sounds like my sister. Seriously though, he is good player, but his upside is just around what you see now. And if that is the case, you have to move him if you can get an elite talent in return.
Sounds like something you just made up on the spot because I think Anisimov will be an ideal second line center in the NHL.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
How is his upside "around what you see now"? He's 22. Not 25.

And, no, he's not soft. His problem lies in his strength and stamina.

05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
How is his upside "around what you see now"? He's 22. Not 25.

And, no, he's not soft. His problem lies in his strength and stamina.
With strength, the stamina will come.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Exactly. Six years is way too long for 31. Gimme three or four years. Five is pushing it. Six I don't like either.

What are people going to say when he's 34-35 years old hogging up $6.5? Do we actually think he's going to be potting 50 assists all five-six years?

Who's to say, but it's risky and unnecessary, in my opinion.

Stay away from Richards unless it's less than 5 years.
Richards' game is centered around smart puck distribution and placement. That isn't something that's going to decline noticeably with age. Look at a guy like Daniel Affredsson, who, up until this year, was consistently putting up 50ish or more asissts consistently since 02-03. This year he had a down year, which was a result of injuries, as well as the fact that Ottawa as a whole had a pretty miserable season. If he had been healthy, and Ottawa had had a remotely good team, I'm sure he would have pushed 50 assists again.

The nature of Richards' game is such that there's no reason to predict a major change in his quality of play. Any acquisition is a risk. This seems like a smart one.

RANGERS =
Old
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
With strength, the stamina will come.
Well, hopefully. Dustin Penner is strong, but has horrific stamina.

Old
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=912841

New thread, as this is over 1000 posts,

Old
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Richards' game is centered around smart puck distribution and placement. That isn't something that's going to decline noticeably with age. Look at a guy like Daniel Affredsson, who, up until this year, was consistently putting up 50ish or more asissts consistently since 02-03. This year he had a down year, which was a result of injuries, as well as the fact that Ottawa as a whole had a pretty miserable season. If he had been healthy, and Ottawa had had a remotely good team, I'm sure he would have pushed 50 assists again.

The nature of Richards' game is such that there's no reason to predict a major change in his quality of play. Any acquisition is a risk. This seems like a smart one.
Fair enough reasoning.

With Torts behind the bench will give Richards consistency for four years of the contract, but I'm not in favor of his age. Just not for it if it's five years or more.

Closed Thread