HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Fan beaten bloody in section 228

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgeAntilles View Post
So which is it? Are the sightlines poor, and it's causing people to lean? Or are the sightlines great?
Leaning just comes natural when you are concentrated on the game.

I can't play shooter video games lying on the couch. I have to sitting in that exact "leaning" position for proper concentration.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
mjburns
RIP Eyedea

Quote:
Sure they can. They do exactly what everyone else in the history of sports has done. Get your head in a position where you can see.

Just like everyone else is doing.

Everyone leans. You do it, I do it, everyone does it. Yes you do, don't deny it. Especially in a stadium with questionable sightlines.

The guy in front of you is leaning for a reason. He can't see. Asking him to sit back is asking him to miss the game.

Why would you want other fans to miss the game? Who would be that selfish?
sorry but you are wrong (esp in the upper section) you CANNOT see when people lean forward, that is why they have announcements NOT TO LEAN FORWARD, and if your view is blocked you can call an usher (which i have had to do for people that dont get the concept, or think that its a joke).

Old
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
So which is it? Are the sightlines poor, and it's causing people to lean? Or are the sightlines great?
Sightlines aren't a problem because of leaning, leaning is a problem because of sightlines.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:34 PM
CJL182

Quote:
But doesn't that contradict the idea that the Tank has poor sightlines? If everyone could see when they are sitting back, then no one would have a reason to lean.

I haven't been to nearly as many rinks as you, so I can't really compare the sightlines to many other venues, but I think the sightlines at the Tank are generally very good. Before getting my season seats at center ice, I've sat at the far ends and corners of the ice, and I've never had sightline issues besides maybe the protective bars on top of the stairs. When everyone sits back, everyone can see everything without having to constantly move their head around like a goalie being screened lol. It's a system that works in SJ, and I guess it's developed into the standard here over the years.

EDIT: I should specify that I have only sat in the upper bowl. I'm not sure if leaning is an issue in the lower bowl, but it does obstruct a fair amount of the ice in the upper bowl. One single person right in front of me is enough to block up to half of the offensive zone.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:09 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Not at all. I agree that people should not make an issue of it, shut up and just watch the game, which was the basis of his post.

There are lots of arenas with sightline issues. The idea that San Jose is the only one is absurd. In Seattle, Key Arena has seats at one end that are literally above the ice. I mean DIRECTLY OVER THE ICE. And some of the other seats in the arena are almost sideways to ice.

And yet I never heard a single complaint. Not one. Not about sightlines, not about leaning, not about anything except how bad the T-Birds sucked.

Only Bay Area fans seemto think that they have some sort of entitlement to whine because they bought a ticket...
I've been to T-birds games too. I'm pretty sure I didn't notice any sightline problems because the ticket cost 5 bucks and no one was sitting in front of me...

Maybe you define leaning differently than me. I don't care if people sit up to see above the guy in front of them, or lean left and right to see around him (I do that), I complain about the guy with bad posture who leans forward and rests his head on his hands. It doesn't help him see, it hurts me see.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS11 View Post
i was at the Joe for game 4 and got into it with a fan after Heatley tied the game because out of his drunken bitterness he kept saying repeatedly in my ear Heatley is a murderer and deserves to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cell. I eventually got annoyed turned around and said "yeah and Bertuzzi is a real f**kin boy scout"...then he got all pissed and threatened to kick my ***. some people are so sensitive :/
Thats the worst kind of person. Can dish out the trash talk, but as soon as they get it back, they act like you started it. People like that need to just go off and die.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:51 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Sure they can. They do exactly what everyone else in the history of sports has done. Get your head in a position where you can see.

Just like everyone else is doing.

Everyone leans. You do it, I do it, everyone does it. Yes you do, don't deny it. Especially in a stadium with questionable sightlines.

The guy in front of you is leaning for a reason. He can't see. Asking him to sit back is asking him to miss the game.

Why would you want other fans to miss the game? Who would be that selfish?
NOT EVERYONE LEANS. I don't, my wife doesn't, the season ticket holders to my left and to my right and behind me don't. We only have a problem when a newbie buys the tickets in front of us and feels entitled to get as much of a view of the ice as they think they want and screw anyone else. Asking him to sit back is merely asking him to follow the rules. If he follows the rules EVERYONE can see that much better, or is it only about you?

Old
05-10-2011, 05:28 PM
SharksFan

All the season ticket holders around me have been there for nearly 18 years and never lean or jump up prematurely but unfortunately the two seats directly in front of me are usually up for grabs. I've only had to call the usher once so far this season/playoffs and I think they even have a number you can text during the game if you want to remain completely anonymous.

If the guy in front of me leans forward more than a few inches he blocks about 3/4 of the offensive zone and much more if he jumps up every time the Sharks shoot. I usually nip it in the bud in the first couple minutes of the game by explaining why he should sit in his seat since it directly effects the enjoyment of the 4 people behind you and to your sides and I haven't really had any major problems.

It is most certainly expected that you sit back in your seat since it is explained multiple times before and once during the games. People will still creep forward subconsciously but if they think they're allowed to lean all over the place because they paid their $60 for the one-time ticket they're certainly mistaken.

There is absolutely no reason to lean at the Tank and I haven't impeded anyone's view for many years and haven't missed a single goal. If the guy in front of you is leaning forward, get him to sit back - don't lean forward to compensate and block the person behind you.

Old
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
erock

You guys need some WedgeAntilles history. At some point in the mid 90s, he brought his dad to a game, some lady yelled at him to lean back, and Wedge has held a grudge and insisted that leaning is a made up problem ever since.

Old
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

basta! (translation: ENOUGH!)

Closed Thread