HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timonen to meet with Homer - Why?

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2011, 04:43 PM
The Saw Is the Law

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
kimmo timonen is a true NHL warrior and a vital part of this Flyers team's chance of winning. he is key to this era in our history. He was hurt and still played well in the playoffs regardless of what people who dont watch closely enough say. He sacrifices day in and day out unlike some on our team and i believe he should be the real captain of this team because of that, but people like flash and cartoonish personalities. If we win a cup with THIS team it will be because of the intense play and leadership of Timonen. Thank you, bye bye
I agree in everything, could't say it better.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
There is a thing called "free agency" that became important just a few decades ago. Believe it or not the Flyers could use this cap space to sign a "free agent" goaltender.
Yes free agency has recently given us such wonderful contracts as: Scott Hartnell, Danny Briere, Chris Pronger, Michael Leighton, Jody Shelley and Kimmo Timonen, who apparently isn't worth what we're paying him so everyone whats to see him moved.

And because of those great free agent acquisitions, we're had to give away young talent like RJ Umberger and Scotty Upshall and a number of 1st round picks.

So again cap space is not preferable to players you already have that work well in your system. Kimmo Timonen is better right now than any defender that would be on the open market. You want a goalie? So do I. You don't need 6 million to get that. Trade someone less vital to the team please. Matt Carle @ 3.4 comes to mind.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
kimmo timonen is a true NHL warrior and a vital part of this Flyers team's chance of winning. he is key to this era in our history. He was hurt and still played well in the playoffs regardless of what people who dont watch closely enough say. He sacrifices day in and day out unlike some on our team and i believe he should be the real captain of this team because of that, but people like flash and cartoonish personalities. If we win a cup with THIS team it will be because of the intense play and leadership of Timonen. Thank you, bye bye
period.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
I truly respect what Kimmo has done, but the fact that every year he seems more drained and depressed really worries me. He's publicly stated that his retirement is coming sooner rather than later(I think he said he really wants to try to finish his contract, but he's done after that). If he's only part of the picture for two more years max, why wouldn't we seize the opportunity to trade him for assets while we can and clear up space for a goaltender? We've shown we can't win with a bad goalie and "great defense," so why not try winning with a good goalie and decent defense(OT, but I think Gustafsson will develop into a Timonen-esque player eventually)?

Old
05-10-2011, 05:03 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I truly respect what Kimmo has done, but the fact that every year he seems more drained and depressed really worries me. He's publicly stated that his retirement is coming sooner rather than later(I think he said he really wants to try to finish his contract, but he's done after that). If he's only part of the picture for two more years max, why wouldn't we seize the opportunity to trade him for assets while we can and clear up space for a goaltender? We've shown we can't win with a bad goalie and "great defense," so why not try winning with a good goalie and decent defense(OT, but I think Gustafsson will develop into a Timonen-esque player eventually)?
He probably doesnt want to pick up and move his kids to go to another team, and his NMC means he doesn't have to.

He will likely retire a Flyer. When will that be? IDK.

Old
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
phillyfanatic

You know what? I kind of like the "pissed off" attitude of Pronger, Richards, Timonen, Hartnell and Carter. They should be ******* pissed. I am

Old
05-10-2011, 05:53 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Why? He's old and had a horrific postseason. Trade him if you can and get younger. His production does not justify his salary.
so did 95% of the Flyers

Old
05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Plus/minus? Really???

Timonen was okay this year.

It's a shame for him that he works his tail off and takes a pounding like all small guys do and then he has to watch the young "nucleus" traipse it all away.

Maybe they can lure Kukes back out from Europe...

Old
05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
ShotScore*

I can report to everyone in here that the rumor on the street in South Philly that I heard this morning was that Kimmo Timonen is going to tell the Flyers he will retire.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Don't you know? Cap space is better than actual players.
lawl

Old
05-10-2011, 07:27 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I can report to everyone in here that the rumor on the street in South Philly that I heard this morning was that Kimmo Timonen is going to tell the Flyers he will retire.
Did you just hear this from a random person or is it from a news source?

Old
05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Did you just hear this from a random person or is it from a news source?
From a person. Actually two.

I was in one of my favorite hangouts, and two guys came in off the street and started talking about the rumor they heard. Which was, of course, that he's going to tell the Flyers he's going to retire.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
From a person. Actually two.

I was in one of my favorite hangouts, and two guys came in off the street and started talking about the rumor they heard. Which was, of course, that he's going to tell the Flyers he's going to retire.
People wandering into bars and announcing things aren't generally regarded as the soundest sources.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
People wandering into bars and announcing things aren't generally regarded as the soundest sources.
LOL I knew someone was going to say that.

I wasn't in a bar.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
LOL I knew someone was going to say that.

I wasn't in a bar.
haha, still...I can wander into the local barbershop and announce that the bee invasion has begun. Doesn't mean that the bees are actually on their way.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:46 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
haha, still...I can wander into the local barbershop and announce that the bee invasion has begun. Doesn't mean that the bees are actually on their way.
First you get dee sugar. Den you get dee power. Den you get dee women.

To the beemobile!

05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
Very true.

Only reporting exactly what I heard.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Timonen's biggest hater saying he's heard word from two random dudes off the street (which I guess is credible) that Timonen is gonna retire? Wow color me shocked...

Only way I can accept that happening, is if we someone went and got Weber. Other than that, none of the FA's can take his spot as the other #1.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Timonen's biggest hater saying he's heard word from two random dudes off the street (which I guess is credible) that Timonen is gonna retire? Wow color me shocked...

Only way I can accept that happening, is if we someone went and got Weber. Other than that, none of the FA's can take his spot as the other #1.
Erhoff could be that guy, but I doubt he hits the open market. Wisnewski is not on that same level, in spite of what some people think.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:49 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Very true.

Only reporting exactly what I heard.
Just curious, where were ya?

Old
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
SolidSnakeUS

"IF", and I ****ing mean "IF", Timonen does decide to retire, I'd take a really huge run at Ehrhoff.

Old
05-10-2011, 08:57 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
You take that back!!! I learned that bars are the best places to get solid leads on juicy rumours. #BruceGarriochSchoolForJournalismGraduate

Old
05-10-2011, 09:15 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

I heard Timonen was to announce the renaming of the team to "Philadelphia Never-Win-The-Cup-Due-To-Lack-Of-Goaltendings"

Old
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
TIM? Is that you TIM?

Old
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
decadentia

This is like Renegade last year claiming he knew someone in the organization, and that "You will see, he's getting traded within the week...you can all apologize later". Now we're going to "two random guys whom i know nothing about said..."

Oh yeah about that...Carter, 11 years, cha ching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
TIM? Is that you TIM?
More of an (e2) from eklund.

I kind of feel like this board has forgotten this is a hockey team, as opposed to watching the show Survivor.

Closed Thread