HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lindros a Leaf *official*

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
seeing him lying on the ice with a head injury is hysterical ?

did your mother add liquid plummer to your baby food as a kid ?

Old
08-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Platapie

Quote:
There is a huge difference. Lindros is a shadow of his former self because of his injuries. Forsberg comes back from each injury still being the best player in the world.
You ignored the context of my post, and two other players I might add.

My point was, that people unfairly exaggerate his injury potential, OR they unfailry downplay the potential injury of Forsberg/Kariya and possibly even Roenick. The fact that Forsberg is better when he returns is both accurate and irrelevent. The point is that his (Lindros') status of injury has been exaggerated, as there are many other solid players who get injured just as often, yet are still seen as valuable to their team. I'd argue that Lindros' numbers, when healthy, are still VERY respectable-- particularly for 1.55 million. The fact that people write this signing off based on injuries is silly, given the above context.

Old
08-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
everybody is to stay on subject and also watch their language.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
08-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Coburnfan05

I am not the Big E's biggest fan, but for what he signed for it was a good pick up for TO...I just can't see how Lindross/O'Niel/Allison are Better then Nieuwendyk/Roberts/Mogilny...hey I spelled Nieuwendyk right...I think.

Old
08-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Platapie

No? They average about 10 years younger, and those three were injured plenty themselves. At worst I see it as a lateral move, but at least to my eyes, and yes I'm biased, it's an upgrade.

Oh, they're also cheaper

Old
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

they are big boys , too

Old
08-13-2005, 01:49 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewind Dale
Let's not kid ourselves here. Outside of Habland, no one cares about Komisarek. He doesn't intimidate anyone and no one has nightmares about facing him. Give it a rest. Please.
Says who? "Icewind Dale"? LOL.

The definitive word... .

Jealous. Period. You can dream about having a hard-hitting, strong-skating yound D-man like that. Dream - On.

Old
08-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Platapie

To be fair, outside of Montreal no one but diehard fans have even heard of Komisarek. This may change, but as it is right now, very few people care, nor has he shown any real reason why people should care nearly as much as Monrealers think they should.

Yes he hits hard, we get it. I swear, Volchenkov/Komisarek must be the toughest men in the NHL that no one gives a damn about.

Old
08-13-2005, 10:57 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

Komiwhat? I have seen more hard hits by Inge "Dozen Eggs" Hammarstrom than by Mike Komisarek. Until Komisarek proves something, anything, NOBODY in the league is having sleepless nights.

Old
08-13-2005, 11:14 AM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habdul
Says who? "Icewind Dale"? LOL.

The definitive word... .

Jealous. Period. You can dream about having a hard-hitting, strong-skating yound D-man like that. Dream - On.
I'm jealous of a borderline NHL'er, one that has yet to crack a mediocre team. Yeah, that's it. You don't even know me, so I'm curious as to how you come up with this? Do you work for the Ministry of Truth? I guess Big Brother is watching. I'm curious as to why you mentioned his strong-skating and the fact that he's young? Did I mention anything about his skill levels or his age? I seem to recall mentioning the fact that he's overrated as a physical presence...nothing more, nothing less.

Who says he's a juggernaut? You? Habs nation? That's right about where the list ends. Forgive me for not believing in the Scott Stevens comparisons.

Old
08-14-2005, 08:31 AM
dolfanar

Location: Like a midget at a urinal, I'm going to have to stay on my toes.
Back to Lindros...

i think that Leafs fans expecting dominant, nasty, physical Lindros from his Phillie days will be quite disapointed. What you are getting is a good first/second line guy who is lock to be around 20 goals and 35 assists if he stays relatively healthy and who can throw his weight around in moderation. For 1.55 that *ain't* bad, and for a team like the Leafs who are in transition it's a pretty good move, imo. I think the guy who had them at anywhere between 3 and 15 was SPOT ON, if everything clicks and the vets stay healthy this team could very well win the division, and if people get hurt early and Belfour is not himself then this team could fall very fall indeed... which wouldn't be a bad thing. I can't think of too many teams who need to rebuild more than the Leafs right now...

Old
08-14-2005, 08:36 PM
mydnyte

I have a feeling that Lindros will play more like the early 20's Philly Lindros, and that he was taking it a bit easy in NY and just playing out his contract

Old
08-14-2005, 09:54 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
I have a feeling that Lindros will play more like the early 20's Philly Lindros, and that he was taking it a bit easy in NY and just playing out his contract
With his recent injury history, I'd say any chance he is going to play phyiscally is kaput. I think he will do okay, he just won't be the punishing power forward he was early in his career.

Old
08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
I'm jealous of a borderline NHL'er, one that has yet to crack a mediocre team. Yeah, that's it. You don't even know me, so I'm curious as to how you come up with this? Do you work for the Ministry of Truth? I guess Big Brother is watching. I'm curious as to why you mentioned his strong-skating and the fact that he's young? Did I mention anything about his skill levels or his age? I seem to recall mentioning the fact that he's overrated as a physical presence...nothing more, nothing less.

Who says he's a juggernaut? You? Habs nation? That's right about where the list ends. Forgive me for not believing in the Scott Stevens comparisons.
The question is, do you work for the ministry of truth? Since you don't recall your post:

Quote:
Let's not kid ourselves here. Outside of Habland, no one cares about Komisarek. He doesn't intimidate anyone and no one has nightmares about facing him. Give it a rest. Please.
Now who works for this ministry called truth?

Look, buddy, I don't want to go much further with this...it is off topic and all. But, your statement is kinda broad-sweeping don't you think? And you seem to be speaking for a whole lotta ppl when you said as per the above quote. It reaked of a jealous reaction to me.

Regardless, Lindros is certainly low-risk, high reward for the Leafs..as far as on-ice goes. But I wouldn't touch him even at that price just because of his and his families reps off the ice.

Old
08-15-2005, 09:25 AM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
The question is, do you work for the ministry of truth? Since you don't recall your post:
How do I not recall my original post? I know what I said, "Habdul".

Quite simply, my original comment stems from an observation. No one, outside of Habland, constantly refers to Komisarek as a physical juggernaut. If you can find me some players/non Hab fans who do, then you may be onto something. But really, I doubt you will. Since there are a lack of comments towards Komsarik's physical game, one can assume that most people don't really care about it, much less him in general. Until it's proven to be the case, it's only logical to assume that "no one is having nightmares about playing him".

Your comment, however, implied that you specifically knew what I was thinking. Hence the Orwellian reference. And that I was specifically jealous. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion since I would say the post gave off an aura of frustration towards Hab fans who keep trumpeting his physical abilities more than anything. There's only so long you can go in hearing unfounded hype before telling people to give it a rest.

Quote:
But, your statement is kinda broad-sweeping don't you think? And you seem to be speaking for a whole lotta ppl when you said as per the above quote. It reaked of a jealous reaction to me.
No.

Regardless. Lindros will be fine if he plays the Habs. That's what the original post was referring to. If he's injured, it's very doubtful it'll be from Montreal's defensecore.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:16 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
How do I not recall my original post? I know what I said, "Habdul".

Quite simply, my original comment stems from an observation. No one, outside of Habland, constantly refers to Komisarek as a physical juggernaut. If you can find me some players/non Hab fans who do, then you may be onto something. But really, I doubt you will. Since there are a lack of comments towards Komsarik's physical game, one can assume that most people don't really care about it, much less him in general. Until it's proven to be the case, it's only logical to assume that "no one is having nightmares about playing him".

Your comment, however, implied that you specifically knew what I was thinking. Hence the Orwellian reference. And that I was specifically jealous. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion since I would say the post gave off an aura of frustration towards Hab fans who keep trumpeting his physical abilities more than anything. There's only so long you can go in hearing unfounded hype before telling people to give it a rest.
O-M-G. Who has referred to Komisarek as a physical juggernaut'? Talk about reverse-hype and exaggeration-city.

Back to the topic and how it relates to Lindros....Lindros has become pretty-much a perimiter player because of his concussion problems. I think he'll be quite aware when Komisarek is on the ice, a 6'4" 245 lb player...who CAN actually skate, and CAN actually hit (just ask Thornton). You can't be in Lindros' mind (Orwell?) or anyone elses to know what they think. Hypocrisy is not pretty.

Downplay Komisarek all you want - if it's not because you're jealous, the only other logical reason imo is that you don't pay much attention to players outside the cozy confines of the Leafs locker room.

Enjoy having Eric, Carl and Bonny Lindros on your team. As if it isn't already a bit of a circus in TO.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:52 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Enjoy having Eric, Carl and Bonny Lindros on your team. As if it isn't already a bit of a circus in TO.
Thanks . While we're being petty, enjoy your $18 million dollars worth of Alexei Kovalev

Old
08-15-2005, 08:08 PM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
O-M-G. Who has referred to Komisarek as a physical juggernaut'? Talk about reverse-hype and exaggeration-city.

Back to the topic and how it relates to Lindros....Lindros has become pretty-much a perimiter player because of his concussion problems. I think he'll be quite aware when Komisarek is on the ice, a 6'4" 245 lb player...who CAN actually skate, and CAN actually hit (just ask Thornton). You can't be in Lindros' mind (Orwell?) or anyone elses to know what they think. Hypocrisy is not pretty.

Downplay Komisarek all you want - if it's not because you're jealous, the only other logical reason imo is that you don't pay much attention to players outside the cozy confines of the Leafs locker room.

Your attempt at throwing random rhetorical statements into this discussion isn't exactly helping your cause.

In this thread alone, several comments were made regarding his physical game. Shall I quote them? Do you really want me to dig up some quotes on this site on his physical hype? He hasn't even established himself as a regular NHL hockey player, let alone a physical force in the league.

I'm still waiting to hear your response to the rest of my post. For simplicity, I'll repeat. "If you can find me some players/non Hab fans who do (find him intimidating/have nightmares), then you may be onto something. But really, I doubt you will. Since there are a lack of comments towards Komsarik's physical game, one can assume that most people don't really care about it, much less him in general. Until it's proven to be the case, it's only logical to assume that "no one is having nightmares about playing him".

Bottom line. Until Komisarek establishes himself as a top physical player, I doubt very much that Lindros will think anymore about him than Andrei Markov if he were bearing down on him in a race for the puck to the corners. You give him too much credit. And that's what I meant by overhype.

Old
08-15-2005, 10:44 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
In this thread alone, several comments were made regarding his physical game. Shall I quote them?
Interesting...several comments regarding his physical game, huh? No, I'll quote them:

These two were from the same poster, the first says little, the second is pretty-much an accurate description of the hit on Thornton in last years playoffs:

""Komi and Souray are not only going to have one target in Allison but 2 targets to go for"

"Just watch the hit Komisarek made on Thornton in the series last year and then come and talk to me about hitting. Thornton just looked like he pissed in his jock strap after that hit. Just can't imagine if poor little alison was on the other end of that hit!!! LOL"

This is the ONLY possible candidate in this thread for your overhyping theory, sure it's a bit much:
"I dont know about Pepsi but he loves to hit the biggest men he plays against.

He is an intimidating presence on the ice and can fight if you wanna drop the gloves against..."

Hardly several as you stated...so please, can we leave this be now?

You overreacted...simple as that. It just irked you something aweful to read about Komisarek in this thread...or anything Hab-related. Funny, the same isn't being said about Hatcher when he was commented about...although Hatcher hardly hits anything anymore.

Adios. This pitiful debate is over as far as I am concerned.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:22 PM
albathegreat*

Anybody can throw a big hit, you guys better watch out for Berg, he once through a big hit and he can do it again.. The same as basing Komisarek on one big hit against Thornton..

Old
08-16-2005, 01:08 AM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
Interesting...several comments regarding his physical game, huh? No, I'll quote them:

These two were from the same poster, the first says little, the second is pretty-much an accurate description of the hit on Thornton in last years playoffs:

""Komi and Souray are not only going to have one target in Allison but 2 targets to go for"

"Just watch the hit Komisarek made on Thornton in the series last year and then come and talk to me about hitting. Thornton just looked like he pissed in his jock strap after that hit. Just can't imagine if poor little alison was on the other end of that hit!!! LOL"

This is the ONLY possible candidate in this thread for your overhyping theory, sure it's a bit much:
"I dont know about Pepsi but he loves to hit the biggest men he plays against.

He is an intimidating presence on the ice and can fight if you wanna drop the gloves against..."

Hardly several as you stated...so please, can we leave this be now?

You overreacted...simple as that. It just irked you something aweful to read about Komisarek in this thread...or anything Hab-related. Funny, the same isn't being said about Hatcher when he was commented about...although Hatcher hardly hits anything anymore.

Adios. This pitiful debate is over as far as I am concerned.
You dance around the issue at hand, but continue to bring up irrelevant points. Since you refuse to answer the point, I'll simply ask a third time to further show the board your lack of any legitimate argument in this debate. ""If you can find me some players/non Hab fans who do (find him intimidating/have nightmares), then you may be onto something. But really, I doubt you will. Since there are a lack of comments towards Komisarek's physical game, one can safely assume that most people don't really care about it, much less him in general. Until it's proven to be the case, it's only logical to assume that "no one is having nightmares about playing him"."

You don't like the fact that not everyone thinks the world of Komisarek. Well, I'm sorry to be the one to inform you of this, but Hab players don't automatically become feared as soon as they throw on the jersey. Like every other player in the league, they have to earn their reputation.

What "irked" me was to continuously hear about how an average prospect, who is far too overhyped as a physical juggernaut for anything he's accomplished, is going to wipe out Eric Lindros when they play one another. Like I said, no one outside of Habland cares about Komisarek, let alone has nightmares about him at night. You aren't going to convince anyone otherwise if you base your entire argument on nothing more than a severely skewed opinion.

Now stop trying to hijack the thread by going after me with this nonsense. It only makes you look desperate to get the last word in on your dying argument.

Old
08-16-2005, 08:38 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat
Anybody can throw a big hit, you guys better watch out for Berg, he once through a big hit and he can do it again.. The same as basing Komisarek on one big hit against Thornton..
Exactly one big hit against Thornton, oh please, who cares, how about the Beating that Lindros gave Thornton ...if anything Komisarek saw that video and when Lindros is on the ice, he'll stay as far from him as possible for fear of taking a similar beating himself.
...Lindros can take care of himself, and is 6'4'' and 235 to Komisarek's 6'4 237 ...and Komisarek is such a good player that he isnt even listed on the nhlpa's website.

however, this thread is about Eric Lindros who will regain his form, and dominate again with a passion he has never shown.

Closed Thread