HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Git-R-Dun' Nashville vs. Vancouver game 6 7PM CST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
  #251
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Give me a break. Greedy? I'm sure you ask your boss for less money at work so you can not seem "greedy".

Weber deserves to be paid for his talent and performance.
Did I say that he is greedy???

Sorry for my English, it is not perfect.

But try to understand what i am saying, before jump on me because of the familiar word you saw...


And dont forget how he was exposed with Suter been down... I know for the fact that Suter is good without Weber, but I dont know how good is Weber without Suter...


Last edited by tserberis*: 05-10-2011 at 01:01 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
  #252
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Did I say that he is greedy???

Sorry for my English, it is not perfect.

But try to understand what i am saying, before jump on me because of the familiar word you saw...
No you didn't and a few posters took your comment out of context.

No worries about your English either.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
  #253
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
No you didn't and a few posters took your comment out of context.
Huh? "What I really want to see it is how greedy Weber will be."

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
  #254
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I am saying that half of the team was flat. Even your God Weber. Three goals was scored because of his direct mistakes. But you picked one guy and gonna blame everything on him, because of all the guys who is been out flat this series he is the one who has 'reputation' and sure you gonna subconsciously blame him.

He was benched before the playoffs... Just so you know.
Dude, what is your problem? Since when is Weber my God? I don't think I even said anything about him in my post and I don't even think he was that good in this series.

And I didn't blame everything on Kostitsyn, I named several players (Fisher, Hornqvist, Erat) that didn't show up in this series. You are kinda freaking me out to be honest. Are you Kostitsyn's mom or something?!

And yes, I know he was benched before the playoffs. But the coach did put him in for a game or two in the playoffs even though he didn't play much. He was benched for good after that.

Bottom line, Kostitsyn was one of several players we expected to produce in this series and he didn't. End of story. I dunno why you have to take it so damn personally. Geez.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
  #255
BubbaOnTheBandwagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Still pissed. I'll get over it once the Sharks tear the Canucks into pieces (without any offence to any of you classy Canucks fans posting here). If that doesn't happen, I'll never watch NHL again. Well, at least not until next season.

BubbaOnTheBandwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
  #256
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Huh? "What I really want to see it is how greedy Weber will be."
I took his meaning as "I would like to see if Weber will be greedy or not." aka will he be looking to make max dollar or will he take a bit less from the team.

I could be wrong.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:05 PM
  #257
Robert604strom
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Victoria
Posts: 672
vCash: 50
Rinne was Unreal. Every game was pretty good. I thought it was really cool how the fans actually stayed and cheered the team on. I bet you guys feel its about time Legwand look`s like an legit top six now. Here`s a question for you guys,do you think Jason ward would be a well known player if he wasnt down in the south? Good luck next year

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:21 PM
  #258
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert604strom View Post
Rinne was Unreal. Every game was pretty good. I thought it was really cool how the fans actually stayed and cheered the team on. I bet you guys feel its about time Legwand look`s like an legit top six now. Here`s a question for you guys,do you think Jason ward would be a well known player if he wasnt down in the south? Good luck next year
Joel Ward had a horrible regular season and no amount of how well he played during the regular season should garner him a large contract and thanks for the wishes of luck

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:20 PM
  #259
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I took his meaning as "I would like to see if Weber will be greedy or not." aka will he be looking to make max dollar or will he take a bit less from the team.

I could be wrong.
You almost got it Will he be looking to make max bucks and move out, or will he stay loyal and take less money but from our house.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
  #260
PhoneGuy
Registered User
 
PhoneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFulmineus View Post
Yay!!! If you want a bandwagon avatar, they'll make you one over on our board. Most of us were cheering for you guys, too.

It's my dream to see a game in all 30 arenas one day, and after watching you guys play these past few week, Bridgestone is top of my list.
I just might take you up on the avatar.

Thanks for the kudos. Come on down and join the madness!

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
  #261
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
You almost got it Will he be looking to make max bucks and move out, or will he stay loyal and take less money but from our house.
Sorry. I read it as you saying he was greedy and how much would it take to satisfy the greed.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:32 AM
  #262
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,529
vCash: 500
From the comments I've read in the media I don't think Weber is going anywhere. When he says, we're close as a team and we need some offense I take that as a guy who's here and knows what we need to get to the next level. I have a funny feeling we see a deal for him and Suter this summer. Weber will sign before July 1 and Suter's deal is announced on July 1. Both long term, 10 years, around 6 million a piece, maybe 6.5 million, much like the Legwand and Erat deals where the money swaps around but the cap hit is the same.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:53 AM
  #263
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
From the comments I've read in the media I don't think Weber is going anywhere. When he says, we're close as a team and we need some offense I take that as a guy who's here and knows what we need to get to the next level. I have a funny feeling we see a deal for him and Suter this summer. Weber will sign before July 1 and Suter's deal is announced on July 1. Both long term, 10 years, around 6 million a piece, maybe 6.5 million, much like the Legwand and Erat deals where the money swaps around but the cap hit is the same.
I hope you're right. I keep hearing people talk about Weber and offer sheets and I'm like, WTF broseph what makes you so sure he'll even be available on July 1?! It's like everyone just assumes he will be.

GET YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF MY WEBER!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
  #264
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
From the comments I've read in the media I don't think Weber is going anywhere. When he says, we're close as a team and we need some offense I take that as a guy who's here and knows what we need to get to the next level. I have a funny feeling we see a deal for him and Suter this summer. Weber will sign before July 1 and Suter's deal is announced on July 1. Both long term, 10 years, around 6 million a piece, maybe 6.5 million, much like the Legwand and Erat deals where the money swaps around but the cap hit is the same.
Package of two, Weber+Suter: 12M

Going once, going twice, ...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM
  #265
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
From the comments I've read in the media I don't think Weber is going anywhere. When he says, we're close as a team and we need some offense I take that as a guy who's here and knows what we need to get to the next level. I have a funny feeling we see a deal for him and Suter this summer. Weber will sign before July 1 and Suter's deal is announced on July 1. Both long term, 10 years, around 6 million a piece, maybe 6.5 million, much like the Legwand and Erat deals where the money swaps around but the cap hit is the same.
If this happens, I will literally stand up and applaud no matter where I am when I hear the news. And I will start bowing toward the Bridge if they announce Pekka signed for <4.5 mil too.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
  #266
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Package of two, Weber+Suter: 12M

Going once, going twice, ...
add 1-2 million

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
  #267
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
add 1-2 million
I'd do it. $6.5 million each a season for the next 10 years. Done.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
  #268
Reviled*
Partisan
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
What if we:
Let Weber go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Suter go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Rinne go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks

That gives us 4 first round picks (including our own) for the next 4 years. That's even better than tanking for years on end!



J/K Don't kill me!

Reviled* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
  #269
Liquidfire3240
Registered User
 
Liquidfire3240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
What if we:
Let Weber go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Suter go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Rinne go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks

That gives us 4 first round picks (including our own) for the next 4 years. That's even better than tanking for years on end!



J/K Don't kill me!
Thats only if they sign for 7.7mil or more per year.
Weber is the only one with any hope of that happening, and even that is a stretch of happening.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.