HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Git-R-Dun' Nashville vs. Vancouver game 6 7PM CST

Old
05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Give me a break. Greedy? I'm sure you ask your boss for less money at work so you can not seem "greedy".

Weber deserves to be paid for his talent and performance.
Did I say that he is greedy???

Sorry for my English, it is not perfect.

But try to understand what i am saying, before jump on me because of the familiar word you saw...

And dont forget how he was exposed with Suter been down... I know for the fact that Suter is good without Weber, but I dont know how good is Weber without Suter...

Last edited by tserberis*: 05-10-2011 at 01:01 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Did I say that he is greedy???

Sorry for my English, it is not perfect.

But try to understand what i am saying, before jump on me because of the familiar word you saw...
No you didn't and a few posters took your comment out of context.

No worries about your English either.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
No you didn't and a few posters took your comment out of context.
Huh? "What I really want to see it is how greedy Weber will be."

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
I am saying that half of the team was flat. Even your God Weber. Three goals was scored because of his direct mistakes. But you picked one guy and gonna blame everything on him, because of all the guys who is been out flat this series he is the one who has 'reputation' and sure you gonna subconsciously blame him.

He was benched before the playoffs... Just so you know.
Dude, what is your problem? Since when is Weber my God? I don't think I even said anything about him in my post and I don't even think he was that good in this series.

And I didn't blame everything on Kostitsyn, I named several players (Fisher, Hornqvist, Erat) that didn't show up in this series. You are kinda freaking me out to be honest. Are you Kostitsyn's mom or something?!

And yes, I know he was benched before the playoffs. But the coach did put him in for a game or two in the playoffs even though he didn't play much. He was benched for good after that.

Bottom line, Kostitsyn was one of several players we expected to produce in this series and he didn't. End of story. I dunno why you have to take it so damn personally. Geez.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
BubbaOnTheBandwagon

Still pissed. I'll get over it once the Sharks tear the Canucks into pieces (without any offence to any of you classy Canucks fans posting here). If that doesn't happen, I'll never watch NHL again. Well, at least not until next season.

BubbaOnTheBandwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Huh? "What I really want to see it is how greedy Weber will be."
I took his meaning as "I would like to see if Weber will be greedy or not." aka will he be looking to make max dollar or will he take a bit less from the team.

I could be wrong.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Robert604strom

vCash: 50
Rinne was Unreal. Every game was pretty good. I thought it was really cool how the fans actually stayed and cheered the team on. I bet you guys feel its about time Legwand look`s like an legit top six now. Here`s a question for you guys,do you think Jason ward would be a well known player if he wasnt down in the south? Good luck next year

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert604strom View Post
Rinne was Unreal. Every game was pretty good. I thought it was really cool how the fans actually stayed and cheered the team on. I bet you guys feel its about time Legwand look`s like an legit top six now. Here`s a question for you guys,do you think Jason ward would be a well known player if he wasnt down in the south? Good luck next year
Joel Ward had a horrible regular season and no amount of how well he played during the regular season should garner him a large contract and thanks for the wishes of luck

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:20 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I took his meaning as "I would like to see if Weber will be greedy or not." aka will he be looking to make max dollar or will he take a bit less from the team.

I could be wrong.
You almost got it Will he be looking to make max bucks and move out, or will he stay loyal and take less money but from our house.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFulmineus View Post
Yay!!! If you want a bandwagon avatar, they'll make you one over on our board. Most of us were cheering for you guys, too.

It's my dream to see a game in all 30 arenas one day, and after watching you guys play these past few week, Bridgestone is top of my list.
I just might take you up on the avatar.

Thanks for the kudos. Come on down and join the madness!

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
You almost got it Will he be looking to make max bucks and move out, or will he stay loyal and take less money but from our house.
Sorry. I read it as you saying he was greedy and how much would it take to satisfy the greed.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:32 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

From the comments I've read in the media I don't think Weber is going anywhere. When he says, we're close as a team and we need some offense I take that as a guy who's here and knows what we need to get to the next level. I have a funny feeling we see a deal for him and Suter this summer. Weber will sign before July 1 and Suter's deal is announced on July 1. Both long term, 10 years, around 6 million a piece, maybe 6.5 million, much like the Legwand and Erat deals where the money swaps around but the cap hit is the same.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:53 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
From the comments I've read in the media I don't think Weber is going anywhere. When he says, we're close as a team and we need some offense I take that as a guy who's here and knows what we need to get to the next level. I have a funny feeling we see a deal for him and Suter this summer. Weber will sign before July 1 and Suter's deal is announced on July 1. Both long term, 10 years, around 6 million a piece, maybe 6.5 million, much like the Legwand and Erat deals where the money swaps around but the cap hit is the same.
I hope you're right. I keep hearing people talk about Weber and offer sheets and I'm like, WTF broseph what makes you so sure he'll even be available on July 1?! It's like everyone just assumes he will be.

GET YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF MY WEBER!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Package of two, Weber+Suter: 12M

Going once, going twice, ...

Old
05-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
If this happens, I will literally stand up and applaud no matter where I am when I hear the news. And I will start bowing toward the Bridge if they announce Pekka signed for <4.5 mil too.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Package of two, Weber+Suter: 12M

Going once, going twice, ...
add 1-2 million

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
add 1-2 million
I'd do it. $6.5 million each a season for the next 10 years. Done.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Reviled*
Partisan

What if we:
Let Weber go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Suter go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Rinne go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks

That gives us 4 first round picks (including our own) for the next 4 years. That's even better than tanking for years on end!

J/K Don't kill me!

Reviled* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
What if we:
Let Weber go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Suter go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks
Let Rinne go on an offer sheet = 4 1st round picks

That gives us 4 first round picks (including our own) for the next 4 years. That's even better than tanking for years on end!

J/K Don't kill me!
Thats only if they sign for 7.7mil or more per year.
Weber is the only one with any hope of that happening, and even that is a stretch of happening.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote