HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

im done with this team if we lose in 7

Old
05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Sirquacksalot
Magic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCShark View Post
i think we will win i really do but im done if we lose. long story short after being a sharks fan for around 9 years you gotta realize a bad investment when youve made one. choking for the last 5 years is more than a sign that this core cant do it, another big game and the big boys dont show up. same ol blah blah crap coach who cant adjust, offensive stars disappear in big games, late game collapses always losing in the same fashion.
I can get you a Pronger Anaheim jersey on the cheap.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markus
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I say we have a poll and everyone who's done with this team if they lose game 7 is banned from this forum. Who's with me
Start the poll now and check to see who hops back on the bandwagon if they win Thursday. I can't predict my reaction right now because I'm on a combination of alcohol and Nyquil.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol2ndround View Post
Don't even try to compare ****ing Anaheim, California to being ribbed by Canadian hockey fans. I know what he's talking about (and I emphatize) and you don't, please don't pursue this any further.
So Canada talks **** to a non rival team more than an inner state rival who beat you when you won the President Trophy as an 8th seed? Feel your pain.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanSJ View Post
FIFY
Touché

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:46 PM
sjshrky27

All I know is Im on the JR wagon...

Marleau has completly blown chunks in the playoffs, and I will hold him solely responsible for this epic failure.

Talk about a no show...

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
BCShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
I can get you a Pronger Anaheim jersey on the cheap.
good thing we didnt trade our all star goalie nabby and michalek in 06 for pronger things would went really bad for us

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:51 PM
BCShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Doug Wilson View Post
So Canada talks **** to a non rival team more than an inner state rival who beat you when you won the President Trophy as an 8th seed? Feel your pain.
lol yeah he must hear it tons being in the hockey crazed market of OC

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
This will be tough if they lose but I will get over it. I think the Giants collapse when they had a chance to win it all in 2002 was and is worse than this to me. That team eventually turned it around and won it.

This would be pretty bad but having the title in your hands and watching it slip away to me is worse than a 2nd round choke job even when it will be of epic proportions. I'll still be here in the off-season, next season, and down the line. I really don't care what anyone thinks. This is my team just like the Giants are my team and they have been as long as I can remember. I will not let that go because the team isn't good enough. I won't let any amount of awful play or shame take that away from me. It will never happen with me. I wouldn't cheer for them if they choked game 7 like Boston did last year. I will get angry and stay angry for a long time but I will return and continue to suffer until the day I die or win the Cup...whichever comes first. lol

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:56 PM
SalsaShark
keep your head up

vCash: 50
It is the past couple of loses that give me reason to never put someones name on my Jersey. I have been following this team since 92 and not once have I been convinced to wear names like Garpenlov, Irbe, Nolan, Ricci, Friesen, Baker, Cheech, Marleau, Thornton.... the list can go on and on. If the Sharks lose this on Thursday, I will call for someones head, just like I have for years. But I will never ever give up on the dream. The crest is the only thing that matters.

****. I need a drink.

SalsaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:04 PM
NeverSayNever
ESPN NHL rly ♥s Teal

Quote:
lol yeah he must hear it tons being in the hockey crazed market of OC
I'm also in the LA/OC area these days, and I gotta tell ya.
I don't even know any "crazy" Ducks fan down here, but just knowing that they've already won a Cup is enough pain. Ha Ha Ha....... Ha...... ToT

Well, anyway.
Many of us are undoubtedly frustrated beyond limit, but come on, people!
It's only a game of hockey.

Winning and losing is an integral part of any sport, and if losing (yes perennially) is that difficult to take, then maybe it is a good idea to leave it for a while.

Get a breather and then come back later when the Sharks do their ritual regular season dominance to get your hopes up.

That's what I'm doing with the Niners.

CHEER UP EVERYONE~~~~~
Sharks in Seven, Book It!

NeverSayNever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Kitten Mittons

All I know is that I will have extremely low interest in next year's regular season.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
All I know is that I will have extremely low interest in next year's regular season.
Just took about six years to get the message. lol

Old
05-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Markus
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
No way in hell am I going to stop. Perhaps some should just take the game a bit less intensely and they'll learn to enjoy it a bit more.
Here's the thing, I've tried "dialing it back" but it doesn't appear to be something I'm capable of. I'm seriously depressed right now. And yes, it is as pathetic as it sounds. Which is the point. I'm this depressed over a bunch of millionaires playing a kids game. And none of those millionaires know me or give a **** about my well being. The highs that come from supporting this team do not seem to be worth the lows.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post

Marleau has completly blown chunks in the playoffs, and I will hold him solely responsible for this epic failure.

Talk about a no show...
That's ridiculous.

Nobody on the entire team outside of Niemi showed up tonight.

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Here's the thing, I've tried "dialing it back" but it doesn't appear to be something I'm capable of. I'm seriously depressed right now. And yes, it is as pathetic as it sounds. Which is the point. I'm this depressed over a bunch of millionaires playing a kids game. And none of those millionaires know me or give a **** about my well being. The highs that come from supporting this team do not seem to be worth the lows.
This.

I feel your pain Markus, I live and die with the team, and it is pretty pathetic.

Old
05-10-2011, 11:10 PM
KirbyDots

This is crazy talk. I've been a sharks since the very beginning and can't even conceive of what it would take for me to give up on them. Buck up – never say die!

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
NeverSayNever
ESPN NHL rly ♥s Teal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
This will be tough if they lose but I will get over it. I think the Giants collapse when they had a chance to win it all in 2002 was and is worse than this to me. That team eventually turned it around and won it.

This would be pretty bad but having the title in your hands and watching it slip away to me is worse than a 2nd round choke job even when it will be of epic proportions. I'll still be here in the off-season, next season, and down the line. I really don't care what anyone thinks. This is my team just like the Giants are my team and they have been as long as I can remember. I will not let that go because the team isn't good enough. I won't let any amount of awful play or shame take that away from me. It will never happen with me. I wouldn't cheer for them if they choked game 7 like Boston did last year. I will get angry and stay angry for a long time but I will return and continue to suffer until the day I die or win the Cup...whichever comes first. lol

The only thing that still saddens me to this day a bit about the Giants is that that particular squad in 2002 did not get to taste the ring.
Just like I'll be sad if Thornton, Marleau, Clowe, & Co. don't get to win one in the Sharks jersey.

NeverSayNever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Naki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
I know the feeling. I can't sleep right now because I am so frustrated. After the loss to the Ducks a few years back I was depressed for over a week.

Naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sharkie1290

Quote:
i think we will win i really do but im done if we lose. long story short after being a sharks fan for around 9 years you gotta realize a bad investment when youve made one. choking for the last 5 years is more than a sign that this core cant do it, another big game and the big boys dont show up. same ol blah blah crap coach who cant adjust, offensive stars disappear in big games, late game collapses always losing in the same fashion.
Suck it up and be a true fan. No one team will win it every year, so you should be somewhat prepared for disappointment. It might take 56 years, but the Sharks will put all the pieces together eventually. You just gotta sit tight and buckle up because gonna be a bumpy ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
I will be cancelling my season tickets if they lose Game 7. I will not continue to shell out cash for this crap. Getting outplayed by a soft, one armed gimp is inexcusable.

I am also upset that the league and the officials of Game 4 gave the game away.

This team is gutless.
If they do...let me know where your seats are...i'll take them over for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post

Talk about a no show...
Sucks to be Patty. Year after year, he's always the one getting thrown under the bus.

Sharkie1290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
That's ridiculous.

Nobody on the entire team outside of Niemi showed up tonight.
Spoken like a true Marleau fan... and plain wrong.

Murraya nd Vlasic both played their A's off! Demers was very good, Mitchell played well, Wellwood was very good.

It only takes one or two players playing terribly to ruin a team in the NHL..especially in the playoffs. Oh yeah, Niemi!

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:14 PM
hockeyball

I'm pretty pissed, but i literally can't even imagine rooting for some other team. Plus, I'd have to stop talking to you guys, and that's not worth it

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Agree that 2002 Giants loss was harder to take b/c they had it in their grasp. I went to game 7 that year and the Giants played as if they had already lost. It was such a bummer sitting in those stands with all those OC fans doing their Rally Monkey cheer.

If the Sharks lose, this team will simply cement it in my mind that they're truly like the Atlanta Braves or St. Louis Blues. Not good enough when it matters.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM
rn277
Playoffs Please?

i think ive said i quit for 3 straight years but by the time the regular season rolls around im in love with hockey.......however, this might take till next years playoffs for me to care, the regular season will be boring as hell next year if they lose game 7....

and if we win game 7, we completely screwed ourselves out of the WCF, vancouver beats us easy now

rn277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Spoken like a true Marleau fan... and plain wrong.

Murraya nd Vlasic both played their A's off! Demers was very good, Mitchell played well, Wellwood was very good.

It only takes one or two players playing terribly to ruin a team in the NHL..especially in the playoffs. Oh yeah, Niemi!

Did you watch the game?

All 4 lines were beat for 60 minutes. That was one of the most lopsided playoff games the Sharks have ever played. Niemi stopped that game from being 6-1.

I forgot Marleau is so bad he can influence the other three Sharks lines. There is no single scapegoat on this boat of fail. If you truly believe Marleau alone has caused this series to slip away, you are insane.

Vlasic played his tail off into a -2, -1 for Mitchell -2 for Demers -1 for Wellwood.

And these were the guys who played their tails off?

Old
05-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn277 View Post
i think ive said i quit for 3 straight years but by the time the regular season rolls around im in love with hockey.......however, this might take till next years playoffs for me to care, the regular season will be boring as hell next year if they lose game 7....

and if we win game 7, we completely screwed ourselves out of the WCF, vancouver beats us easy now
Why would you come back just to get your heart broken again? At least if you go through the regular season, there is SOME bit of happiness, even if it is hollow.