HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
  #1
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs

Oh brother here we go again. Just heard on the team 990 that Marc de Foy is reporting that Alexei Emelin is close to signing 1 year deal with Montreal.

Heres what Shaun starr of the team990 tweeted

Starr990 Shaun Starr
Marc De Foy of the Journal de Montréal is reporting today that the #Habs are close to a 1 year deal with Alexei Yemelin


I haven't found and read the article yet but they are talking about Marc saying that there is a clause that if he gets sent down to hamilton he can leave for russia. PG is leaving to go watch Russia play and the deal should get done soon.

UPDATE Also Just heard Bob Mckenzie on the radio and he said he thinks the deal should be done very soon after russia is out of the tourny.


Last edited by TheBuriedHab: 05-11-2011 at 07:56 AM.
TheBuriedHab is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 06:28 AM
  #2
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,962
vCash: 500
That would be sweet. Would love to see him in NA next year.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 06:34 AM
  #3
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 50
won't believe it till I see it in ink.

pine is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 06:40 AM
  #4
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-ch-75356.html

YMCMBeaulieu is online now  
Old
05-11-2011, 06:44 AM
  #5
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
PG is leaving to go watch the Russia vs Slovakia game and should finish up the deal then.
I don't think its as close as people are reporting, otherwise PG wouldn't be going to watch him. But I wish PG went to go watch him a few more games, he could have went after we were eliminated and gotten a better sense of where he was at.

macavoy is online now  
Old
05-11-2011, 06:44 AM
  #6
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

That'd be Murphy's Law right there.

The n00b King is online now  
Old
05-11-2011, 06:45 AM
  #7
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Thanks for the link! With him probably signing and that clause you, gotta think thats one less spot on Defense for those Ufa's that we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't think its as close as people are reporting, otherwise PG wouldn't be going to watch him. But I wish PG went to go watch him a few more games, he could have went after we were eliminated and gotten a better sense of where he was at.
I don't think they are going to scout him lol, I'm sure they have done enough of that over the past few years. I think with the past failed attempts of bringing him over he wants to do this in person. Just my opinion.

TheBuriedHab is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:18 AM
  #8
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
But I thought Gauthier was sick and tired of writing his name on pieces of paper?

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM
  #9
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,652
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
won't believe it till I see it in ink.
I won't believe it until I see the Habs jersey on his back at this point.

beowulf is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:33 AM
  #10
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
God damnit, why am I getting my hopes up for him again? I know I should've learned, but I fall for it every time...

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:35 AM
  #11
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

That'd be Murphy's Law right there.
I don't find he is THAT hyped. Nobody is making him out to be an All-star. Probably a #3-4 physical type with pretty good puck skills after a year to get aclamated to the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:43 AM
  #12
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't find he is THAT hyped. Nobody is making him out to be an All-star. Probably a #3-4 physical type with pretty good puck skills after a year to get aclamated to the NHL.
Maybe but that's still a very good mix of player, we definitely can use a type of player like him and there isn't a big risk if it doesn't work out

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
  #13
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,378
vCash: 1380
Another link about Emelin.
Seems like this time it will be the good one!

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:48 AM
  #14
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
I sure hope so.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:49 AM
  #15
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Maybe but that's still a very good mix of player, we definitely can use a type of player like him and there isn't a big risk if it doesn't work out
A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:49 AM
  #16
ScopeHockey
Registered User
 
ScopeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Someone on Twitter said that Bobby Mac is saying the deal will get done. That definitely adds a lot of credibility to it.

ScopeHockey is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
  #17
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Should be there today, maybe he will catch the US vs C. Republic game and watch Jagr as well

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
  #18
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Markov, Subban, Wisniewski, Gorges, Emelin, Weber and Spacek (Gill/Hamrlik/UFA, if we can move Spacek), that D would look pretty good to me and should easily be possible.

strutsboa is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:55 AM
  #19
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
He would immediately remove the need for Mara or Picard or Sopel or Picard or Gill or Picard right? I heard he sticks up for teammates but is he a good fighter at all? At best he's probably been bullying around a mostly panzy league. Still though with his surge in offense this year he could be a lot more than just a tough guy shutdown guy for us.. guy.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 07:56 AM
  #20
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Markov, Subban, Wisniewski, Gorges, Emelin, Weber and Spacek (Gill/Hamrlik/UFA, if we can move Spacek), that D would look pretty good to me and should easily be possible.
I really hope so

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 08:02 AM
  #21
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...
I don't think Yemelin's status affects Wisniewski. I think Wisniewski's status will depend on the following...

1-the cap hit of the contract we can get him signed to, if he costs us 5 mil or more the odds are 60-70% that he hits UFA on July 1st. If 4.25-4.5 is possible then the odds are higher I think.

2-the chances that we can move Spacek, having the Coyotes stay in Phoenix might help us as you can add them to Florida as teams needing to spend to the rising cap floor and not being ideal destinations for UFA's. Maybe we throw in Pouliot with Spacek to get a mid round pick and clear room to sign Wisniewski for 4 years.

3-How bad do we want to go after a UFA winger? If we have no intention of going after Laich, Upshall, Cole, Jokinen etc.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 08:04 AM
  #22
NewEraGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Which NHL player is Emelin close to? Doug Murrya?

NewEraGM is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  #23
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
He would immediately remove the need for Mara or Picard or Sopel or Picard or Gill or Picard right? I heard he sticks up for teammates but is he a good fighter at all? At best he's probably been bullying around a mostly panzy league. Still though with his surge in offense this year he could be a lot more than just a tough guy shutdown guy for us.. guy.
I wouldn't call the KHL a panzy league...check out the PIM leaders...Gratton, Verot, Sugden, Simon...

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/185/pim/

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  #24
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,048
vCash: 500
the timing is really good to bring him over. There's certainly a slot open for him.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
05-11-2011, 08:06 AM
  #25
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 18,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?
If it turned out that he totally sucked... who cares? Enough time has gone by now that he's basically a "bonus" for us if he ever signs or amounts to anything. And if he doesn't ever sign, or does suck... no loss, doesn't hurt us in any way.

Here's hoping they get him signed. The bottom line is that it simply can't hurt.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.