HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs

Oh brother here we go again. Just heard on the team 990 that Marc de Foy is reporting that Alexei Emelin is close to signing 1 year deal with Montreal.

Heres what Shaun starr of the team990 tweeted

Starr990 Shaun Starr
Marc De Foy of the Journal de Montréal is reporting today that the #Habs are close to a 1 year deal with Alexei Yemelin

I haven't found and read the article yet but they are talking about Marc saying that there is a clause that if he gets sent down to hamilton he can leave for russia. PG is leaving to go watch Russia play and the deal should get done soon.

UPDATE Also Just heard Bob Mckenzie on the radio and he said he thinks the deal should be done very soon after russia is out of the tourny.

Last edited by TheBuriedHab: 05-11-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old
05-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

That would be sweet. Would love to see him in NA next year.

Old
05-11-2011, 06:34 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
won't believe it till I see it in ink.

Old
05-11-2011, 06:40 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-ch-75356.html

Old
05-11-2011, 06:44 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
PG is leaving to go watch the Russia vs Slovakia game and should finish up the deal then.
I don't think its as close as people are reporting, otherwise PG wouldn't be going to watch him. But I wish PG went to go watch him a few more games, he could have went after we were eliminated and gotten a better sense of where he was at.

Old
05-11-2011, 06:44 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

That'd be Murphy's Law right there.

Old
05-11-2011, 06:45 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Thanks for the link! With him probably signing and that clause you, gotta think thats one less spot on Defense for those Ufa's that we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't think its as close as people are reporting, otherwise PG wouldn't be going to watch him. But I wish PG went to go watch him a few more games, he could have went after we were eliminated and gotten a better sense of where he was at.
I don't think they are going to scout him lol, I'm sure they have done enough of that over the past few years. I think with the past failed attempts of bringing him over he wants to do this in person. Just my opinion.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Protest the Hero

But I thought Gauthier was sick and tired of writing his name on pieces of paper?

Old
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
won't believe it till I see it in ink.
I won't believe it until I see the Habs jersey on his back at this point.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Patccmoi

God damnit, why am I getting my hopes up for him again? I know I should've learned, but I fall for it every time...

Old
05-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
You know....after all this hype, all these years...what if this guy turns out to absolutely totally suck in the NHL?

That'd be Murphy's Law right there.
I don't find he is THAT hyped. Nobody is making him out to be an All-star. Probably a #3-4 physical type with pretty good puck skills after a year to get aclamated to the NHL.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't find he is THAT hyped. Nobody is making him out to be an All-star. Probably a #3-4 physical type with pretty good puck skills after a year to get aclamated to the NHL.
Maybe but that's still a very good mix of player, we definitely can use a type of player like him and there isn't a big risk if it doesn't work out

Old
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1380
Another link about Emelin.
Seems like this time it will be the good one!

Old
05-11-2011, 07:48 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I sure hope so.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Maybe but that's still a very good mix of player, we definitely can use a type of player like him and there isn't a big risk if it doesn't work out
A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...

Old
05-11-2011, 07:49 AM
ScopeHockey

Someone on Twitter said that Bobby Mac is saying the deal will get done. That definitely adds a lot of credibility to it.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Should be there today, maybe he will catch the US vs C. Republic game and watch Jagr as well

Old
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
strutsboa

Markov, Subban, Wisniewski, Gorges, Emelin, Weber and Spacek (Gill/Hamrlik/UFA, if we can move Spacek), that D would look pretty good to me and should easily be possible.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:55 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

He would immediately remove the need for Mara or Picard or Sopel or Picard or Gill or Picard right? I heard he sticks up for teammates but is he a good fighter at all? At best he's probably been bullying around a mostly panzy league. Still though with his surge in offense this year he could be a lot more than just a tough guy shutdown guy for us.. guy.

Old
05-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Markov, Subban, Wisniewski, Gorges, Emelin, Weber and Spacek (Gill/Hamrlik/UFA, if we can move Spacek), that D would look pretty good to me and should easily be possible.
I really hope so

Old
05-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
A guy that just comes in out of nowhere, costs nothing in terms of assets and can play #3-4 (that's to be proven) would be a huge thing for sure.

I think this would also confirm that Wiz won't come here though.

Markov-Subban-Gorges-Spacek will be signed. Weber will be #7 (or Spacek...). Add Emelin, and there's 1 spot left. I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring one of Hamrlik or Gill back for it to have more veterans, although having Wiz in there would make our defense a lot younger and faster, but I doubt Martin would want that over experience.

The one positive if his 1 year here doesn't work out and he turns out to suck is that we'll never hear about him again...
I don't think Yemelin's status affects Wisniewski. I think Wisniewski's status will depend on the following...

1-the cap hit of the contract we can get him signed to, if he costs us 5 mil or more the odds are 60-70% that he hits UFA on July 1st. If 4.25-4.5 is possible then the odds are higher I think.

2-the chances that we can move Spacek, having the Coyotes stay in Phoenix might help us as you can add them to Florida as teams needing to spend to the rising cap floor and not being ideal destinations for UFA's. Maybe we throw in Pouliot with Spacek to get a mid round pick and clear room to sign Wisniewski for 4 years.

3-How bad do we want to go after a UFA winger? If we have no intention of going after Laich, Upshall, Cole, Jokinen etc.

Old
05-11-2011, 08:04 AM
NewEraGM

Which NHL player is Emelin close to? Doug Murrya?

Old
05-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
He would immediately remove the need for Mara or Picard or Sopel or Picard or Gill or Picard right? I heard he sticks up for teammates but is he a good fighter at all? At best he's probably been bullying around a mostly panzy league. Still though with his surge in offense this year he could be a lot more than just a tough guy shutdown guy for us.. guy.
I wouldn't call the KHL a panzy league...check out the PIM leaders...Gratton, Verot, Sugden, Simon...

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/185/pim/

Old
05-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Bullsmith

the timing is really good to bring him over. There's certainly a slot open for him.

Old
05-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
If it turned out that he totally sucked... who cares? Enough time has gone by now that he's basically a "bonus" for us if he ever signs or amounts to anything. And if he doesn't ever sign, or does suck... no loss, doesn't hurt us in any way.

Here's hoping they get him signed. The bottom line is that it simply can't hurt.

Closed Thread