HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

To the Shark's fans

Old
05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Resmo112

vCash: 500
To the Shark's fans

I would like to say in all seriousness your team has played a HELL of a series. In multiple games you made my team look like an AHL team. Your team has battled hard and deserved to have this over in 4 or 5.

I made some comments earlier in the series on this board and I wanted to let you all know SINCERELY that your team deserves all the respect I can muster.

Resmo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Legion
Lord of Winterfell

Thanks Babcock, much obliged.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Resmo112

Close, Brad McCrimmon

Resmo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

even a sympathetic thread won't stop the pain.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Never ceases to amaze me how often nice comments from other fans go completely ignored or retorted in a negative fashion.

Be more hospitable people! You know that reputation we as Sharks fans so desperately want? Oh..I guess we are only willing to give our players free passes

Thank you Resmo. Now prepare for battle!

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Phu

Thanks, but the team hasn't even come close to giving you guys their all throughout this series, especially in game 6. Win or lose, this one is going to leave a bad taste in this Sharks fan's mouth.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:25 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resmo112 View Post
I would like to say in all seriousness your team has played a HELL of a series. In multiple games you made my team look like an AHL team. Your team has battled hard and deserved to have this over in 4 or 5.

I made some comments earlier in the series on this board and I wanted to let you all know SINCERELY that your team deserves all the respect I can muster.
You are talking about the Sharks vs the Wings, right? This year? In the Playoffs?

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
You are talking about the Sharks vs the Wings, right? This year? In the Playoffs?

I know that Game 6 is still fresh in your mind but he's right, we have badly outplayed Detroit in some of these games, Game 5 being the most recent example (for 2+ periods anyway). I know it feels like we're down 0-3 but it's 3-3, and that wouldn't be the case against a team like Detroit if we hadn't played some damn good hockey for large portions of this series. Last night was the first (and hopefully last) time I could say that the Sharks didn't show up for a game this series.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
I know that Game 6 is still fresh in your mind but he's right, we have badly outplayed Detroit in some of these games, Game 5 being the most recent example (for 2+ periods anyway). I know it feels like we're down 0-3 but it's 3-3, and that wouldn't be the case against a team like Detroit if we hadn't played some damn good hockey for large portions of this series. Last night was the first (and hopefully last) time I could say that the Sharks didn't show up for a game this series.
And what a TERRIBLE game to not show up for. Unless you subscribe to the idear that the Sharks play better with their backs up against the walls.

I have this bad feeling they ain't gonna close it out Thursday, I just do.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
And what a TERRIBLE game to not show up for. Unless you subscribe to the idear that the Sharks play better with their backs up against the walls.

I agree, but you didn't address anything I said. And I don't care what any of the experts say, momentum doesn't mean **** from game to game. We were better in Games 1 and 2, Detroit was better in Games 3 and 4, we were much better in Game 5, and they were much better in Game 6. We've won 3 in a row, and they've won 3 in a row. I know that we're the Sharks and they're the Red Wings, but Game 7 is a clean slate, and 1-6 won't mean jack **** once that puck drops tomorrow night.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:43 PM
eastbayjoker

Quote:

Respect appreciated by this Sharks fan and I can wholeheartedly say it's mutual.

What more could we ask for than a 7 game series between 2 of the top 3 teams in the West? I can't WAIT for Thursday and I truly believe the Sharks will advance. Best of luck!

eastbayjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:51 PM
HBSauce
Dirts McGirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Game 7 is a clean slate, and 1-6 won't mean jack **** once that puck drops tomorrow night.
this. It's just one game, if the Sharks can execute for a full game they will advance. Waiting is the worst part though, I feel as if I'm stuck in limbo. I just want see some redemption asap, but not until Thursday sadly...

HBSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Hockster

Quote:
I won't be surprised if they get blown out. Their confidence has to be shot and they just don't have what it takes to be a champion. They wouldn't be in the spot that they are now if they did.

Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:17 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
i rly do appreciate all the support and kind words from the other team's fans. its good to hear. pens, sabres, coyotes, canucks, kings, blackhawks, even ducks fans have been showin love to the bay. (srry if i forgot anyone!)

i will remember this. thx, everyone.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
I don't recall the Sharks playing multiple games against an ECHL team...

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:38 PM
gonegonegone*

Quote:

im already preparing myself mentally for the crushing blow that being a sharks fan will now mean. to lose after going up 3-0 is ultimate humiliation. and to the red wings and their idiotic bandwagon fans, ugh... life can't get much worse.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:40 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Great. Now we have sympathy from an opposing teams fans. Has it come to this?

It's thoughtful and all, but couldn't we just hate each other and shake hands when the Sharks break the Wings?

05-11-2011, 04:42 PM
SharksLuv

Nice to hear kind words from Wings fans. Heck, they're a great team. A team you can come to count on year after year. A team with the heart we wish the Sharks had!

In any case, there's too much doom and gloom in Sharks land right now. Likely because we've been here before. I agree with others than momentum doesn't mean **** in game 7. Both teams will be desperate and I would think the Sharks more than the Wings. FTR this is the 2nd worst losing streak this year. The other 3-loss stretches had an OT or SO game. They've always come back though and other than the debacle in January, they've never strung more than 3 in a row. I'm encouraged by that.

I'll be at the tank and my record since January is 8-0. Maybe I'm a good luck charm. It's my birthday too, so I'm counting on them not letting me down.

SharksLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
GCM
Stork

As a Canucks fan I know the feeling you're going through right now very well. I hope you get to dodge the bullet like we did, you fans have been teased enough.

Good luck.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
dwood16

Quote:

OMG I want your avatar!

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
dwood16

Quote:

Oh yeah, Thanks.

We were definitely robbed by the refs in game 5.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Eighth Fret

Quote:

Appreciated.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
BHAHAHAAHA holy crap this is great.

Sharkway Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Great. Now we have sympathy from an opposing teams fans. Has it come to this?

It's thoughtful and all, but couldn't we just hate each other and shake hands when the Sharks break the Wings?
We've had sympathy for a while. I remember a lot of sympathy after the Hiller series.

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:57 PM
SoCalShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
i rly do appreciate all the support and kind words from the other team's fans. its good to hear. pens, sabres, coyotes, canucks, kings, blackhawks, even ducks fans have been showin love to the bay. (srry if i forgot anyone!)

i will remember this. thx, everyone.
Duck fans? Really? You Jest!!!

SoCalShark is offline   Reply With Quote