HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov

Old
05-11-2011, 03:09 PM
SK74 Snipes

vCash: 500
Radulov

Has anyone else seen this talk about him saying he can get out of his KHL contract?

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:14 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

jk He probably just likes being at home.

ffwrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

All KHL contracts usually have some sort of out clause... that doesn't mean he'll actually go through with it. I haven't heard the exact quote, but being able to "get out of his contract" and "wanting to come play with the Predators" are two entirely different things. Until I hear from the horses mouth that he wants to make a comeback, I'm not getting too excited.

Besides, this goes against what he and his agent said last year or so. They are waiting to see how the new CBA plays out before coming back to the NHL. Maybe they changed their mind, I dunno.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

3HL today said David Poile has talked with Radulov and his agent and there is a way to break his contract with the KHL.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
dulzhok

I actually have a decent gut feeling about this, but not holding out for it.

I would only take him back if he also signed an extension at decent rate.

This would also make him highly tradeable if he came back and it wasn't a fit.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

You've got to wonder if Shea Weber had this as his number #1 priority when he referred to bringing in a 1st line forward

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
You've got to wonder if Shea Weber had this as his number #1 priority when he referred to bringing in a 1st line forward
Interesting insight and if they have a good relationship and if all the old guard is gone(Sully and Dumont), maybe he'd feel welcome here. You never know.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Why do i feel like hes coming back

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Why do i feel like hes coming back
I don't have any clue why you feel like that......cause i feel like why would someone come back for basically a league minimum pay ............a huge paycut...

he'll say anything .... he had david poile buying in to , he might come back, etc,etc..... last summer.... then he signed a 3 year contract...

bahumbug....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

He would be nearly twice league minimum, but under a million nonetheless. Of course, if he wants to play in the NHL again he is going to have to take one season at that rate.

The current CBA ends on the 15th of September, so I guess they theoretically could have the new one negotiated in time for Radulov to come back at some point next season, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Even if they somehow knocked out a CBA in time, it really depends on how the team looks as to whether or not it would be worth using up his last cheap year.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:14 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

maybe he feels after 2 mvps and a championship he is ready to come back. maybe he wanted to stay until nashville showed it could win, i dunno.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:21 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Even if he told DP he was packing his bags today and flying to NSH, I wouldn't bank on it. He's good but lacks character, jmo. I like the trade bait idea though if it doesn't work out.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

If Nashville isn't good enough for you, then you're not good enough for Nashville. You left, now don't come back you bum.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
If Nashville isn't good enough for you, then you're not good enough for Nashville. You left, now don't come back you bum.
When you can't score, you can't score, you have to do whatever it takes to keep Shea interested, which will keep Suter & Pekka ... I believe our offense was DFL out of all the playoff teams and if you can get the kid back here still on his ELC, I'm all for it, even if it is 1 year & then you let him get offer sheeted, but damn we need his offense badly

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
When you can't score, you can't score, you have to do whatever it takes to keep Shea interested, which will keep Suter & Pekka ... I believe our offense was DFL out of all the playoff teams and if you can get the kid back here still on his ELC, I'm all for it, even if it is 1 year & then you let him get offer sheeted, but damn we need his offense badly
We can do better than Radulov within the NHL.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
tserberis*

A lot of players in the KHL have an option in the contract, when they can cancel it, if going to the NHL.

And it is Russia anyways, they know how to take care of business

Does anybody know for sure why did he leave? If not, then I don't think it is for us to judge.

I would be happy to see him back, and who says that he does not have character you must not seen him play.

We shall see. But that is exactly that I told you guys, as soon as he gets the cup, he will look for a new challenge...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Even if he told DP he was packing his bags today and flying to NSH, I wouldn't bank on it. He's good but lacks character, jmo. I like the trade bait idea though if it doesn't work out.
Character is great, but it doesn't put pucks in the net. Surround him with the right guys, and youll be amazed how in line he stays. Look at SOB. Look at SK74.

I've said all along, I hate the rollercoaster, but Radulov is the only legitimate sniper we have EVER drafted, and I'll do cartwheels into the pro shop to get my purportedly-yellow new sweater emblazoned with the number 47, the day it's announced.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:14 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Within the NHL we'll have to give away a lot, with him - nothing.

Old
05-11-2011, 10:16 PM
WartracePred

Don't hold your breath

Every off season we get our hopes up only to be let down. Read the article in the Tennessean. Paul Fenton spoke with Rads and to loosely paraphrase Fenton... "you've done everything there is to do in the KHL, MVP, championship, tons of money. Now don't you want to prove your worth in the best league". Fenton is giving his best sales pitch. Nothing is mentioned about a response from Rads.

The article also mentions that Radulov told either Poile or Fenton (can't remember who) that he could get out of his contract if he wanted. The article NEVER says he wants to, just says he could.

Guys, don't hold your breath.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Who? The FA class this year is piss poor, outside Brad Richards, who due to the willingness of teams like the Rangers and Toronto to overpay, will be paid more than we can afford or he's worth, and I don't see teams lining up to trade their young, 30-40 goal wingers for mid-range defensive prospects and the rights to Zach Budish's gimpy leg.

Arnott's gone. Sullivan most likely will be gone. Dumont is probalby gone, one way or another. The "old guard" is out the door. If ever there were a time for Rads to feel comfortable coming back, it's now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
woohoo more grinders!

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:23 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Does anybody know for sure why did he leave? If not, then I don't think it is for us to judge.
yeah he left because they were offering him more than either crosby or ovechkin were making(at that time)....and it was all tax free so figure another 25~40% if you are working in north america. and you are close to home and a big fish in a smaller pond. of course after that the KHL asked some of the highest paid players to give some money back in order to support the league which was struggling but still he his making out just fine money-wise.

rads was a good scorer but had never showed he was anything more than a sniper(i.e. didn't play D anything other than trying to score). that is why the preds couldn't/wouldn't try to match the deal. maybe that has changed in his time away, but if he was to return it would have to be with a sign and trade or extension since ego alone would prevent hime taking near the league minimum.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:27 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
He would be nearly twice league minimum, but under a million nonetheless. Of course, if he wants to play in the NHL again he is going to have to take one season at that rate.

The current CBA ends on the 15th of September, so I guess they theoretically could have the new one negotiated in time for Radulov to come back at some point next season, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Even if they somehow knocked out a CBA in time, it really depends on how the team looks as to whether or not it would be worth using up his last cheap year.
I think CBA was extended for 1 year. The option was exercised.

Old
05-11-2011, 11:43 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
yeah he left because they were offering him more than either crosby or ovechkin were making(at that time)....and it was all tax free so figure another 25~40% if you are working in north america. and you are close to home and a big fish in a smaller pond. of course after that the KHL asked some of the highest paid players to give some money back in order to support the league which was struggling but still he his making out just fine money-wise.

rads was a good scorer but had never showed he was anything more than a sniper(i.e. didn't play D anything other than trying to score). that is why the preds couldn't/wouldn't try to match the deal. maybe that has changed in his time away, but if he was to return it would have to be with a sign and trade or extension since ego alone would prevent hime taking near the league minimum.
I can't really tell about his D game, did it become better or not, but over all he goes on back check just fine now, and he plays more passing game now( it is russian hockey, you have too).

But you wont really tell till he comes over and shows us what he is.

Old
05-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Hey the organization is desperate for a scoring forward. There's not much in the pipelines other than grinders, or depth guys. Plus we aren't losing anything giving him another shot. On the other hand, he sounds like he's extremely stuck up his own ass. So I could care less what happens. I just wish we could get some concrete information and not another misinterpretation.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote