HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

It's a matter of time before Jagr and the Caps part ways....

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 10:11 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
It's a matter of time before Jagr and the Caps part ways....

After watching parts of last nights Cap game and the interviews inbetween periods it is a very bad situation.

I know there's a thread on the gameday board but I wanted to bring it up over here because I found it very interesting last night that the relationship was practicaly at the meltdown stage and it seems very mutual.

Jagr doesn't want to be in DC, plain and simple.It is a terrible hockey town and always has been.I go to at least 1 Cap game a yr down there and the atmosphere is as bad as I've ever seen.That being said Jagr had no problem accepting the 77 million for 7 yrs so he has nobody to blame but himself.

Jagr was dogging it last night.Was benched on the 1st PP and it was obvious he and Cassidy were at odds during last nights game.Jagr coasted when getting out of the zone and was whistled for the offside looking almost intentional.It was crazy.He is trying to play his way out of their one way or another and I think he will be such a bad influence on the team they may have to figure out how to get rid of him no matter what they have to eat.

We are the only likely destination but with that cobtract it would be ludicrous to take him on.I think his play would improve dramatically if here but we can't take on that type of contract with next yrs uncertainty nor can we have another HUGE question mark on the squad with all the ones we already have.

Best case scenario is he stays in Washington and is a major ditraction to the team and they aren't contending with us for a playoff spot come March.

Just wanted to mention it as it could become a big issue in the east this yr and you know we'll be the team likely mentioned as his only destination.They did say it came very close to happening this summer which is pretty scary.Both Jagr and even McPhee said it was close to done.I wonder what the parimeters of the discussed deal would have been and I'm really happen it didn't go down but this seems that it is not over yet.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Larry Melnyk

Jr#9...

I think you summed up the Crap-Jagr situation nicely and how it affects us..Although everything was lovey dovey the first few games, this crap was inevitable given the Jagr-Cassidy relationship, Jagr's pathetic attitude, the botched trade this summer, and the fact that Washington doesn't want Jagr and jagr doesn't want Washington...

I watch alot of their games and half the time he's the unbelivable Jagr and the other Half he doesn't give a **** and is totally worthless...WHich makes him a PERFECT RANGER to play with guys like Lindros, Holik, Mironov, Maladog and others....Couldn't resist........That won't be the reason the Rangers are a possible destination for Jagr, but the money, the chaos and incompetnece in NY, and the possibility of swapping high paid trash (i.e. Lindros, Maladog) might make it a very slim possibility..And strange deals happen in the NHL....

Do I want him in NY? Not with that contract...No way no how...If he had one year left, I'd easily take him over some of the players that are here...Actually, it would just probably be more of the same old same old (failure), but we couldn't do worse...

I just rather have Sather focusing on infusing this team with young talent (from inside or outside the org) then considering a guy like Jagr for even one nano-second... But that's not how Sather works..

Old
10-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Barnaby

I would take Jagr but only if they took back Holik and that crazy contract and possibly Kasper if they would do it.... It makes no sense for them unless this Jagr situation becomes so bad that they'll do anything just to move him. I dont think Jagr is a good fit for us considering his attitude and contract but Ive seen stranger things happen.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Larry Melnyk

Just for giggles and grins, Did you see the rumor/discussion on the Trade Rumors board?...http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=20069

Old
10-15-2003, 10:54 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Personally, I think Cassidy will be gone long before the Jagr rumors start carrying any water. That's got the potential to change the marriage in an instant. The right coach could make DC a happy home for Jaromir.

The swap can't work if we're giving Washington players who are in the final year of their contracts, I don't care how bad they're playing. We're rid of problems like Lindros and Malakhov in April. It's not like McPhee's doing us a huge favor anymore by take them off our hands. Start by taking Kasparitis and then sweeten our end of the deal with a can't miss prospect and MAYBE I'll listen. I gotta be hoest though, the scariest part of the deal for me is Jagr's groin. This team just can't afford another Bure situation.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Just for giggles and grins, Did you see the rumor/discussion on the Trade Rumors board?...http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=20069
LoL

Old
10-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
The swap can't work if we're giving Washington players who are in the final year of their contracts, I don't care how bad they're playing. We're rid of problems like Lindros and Malakhov in April. It's not like McPhee's doing us a huge favor anymore by take them off our hands. Start by taking Kasparitis and then sweeten our end of the deal with a can't miss prospect and MAYBE I'll listen. I gotta be hoest though, the scariest part of the deal for me is Jagr's groin. This team just can't afford another Bure situation.
I agree wholeheartedley, but we gotta remeber who the GM of the Rangers is, the type of player he craves, how desperate he might get to save his job, and the blind idiocy of the owner....Hey, I am Sather, I am the LIon, hear me roar! High risk/No reward man..!..Alright, just screwing around..

Old
10-16-2003, 05:15 AM
kazo

Jagr is exactly the kind of player nobody should touch with a ten foot pole. A cry baby and a pouter with a big time attitude problem. He plays hard when he feels like it and coasts when he feels like it. And this is not something that first showed up in Washington. This started towards the end of his career in Pittsburgh. The guy is a loser which means we will probably see him in NY at some point during the season.

Closed Thread