HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
  #276
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
He hasn't gotten an official offer yet. There's no contract on the table.

Until he gets an offer he has no choice but to act as if he's going back to BC.

Let's wait until he goes through Prospects Camp, sits down with management and his advisor and has a guaranteed ELC and a pen on the table.

A few months left in the summer, plenty of time to get stronger and work on deficiencies.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:21 AM
  #277
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He hasn't gotten an official offer yet. There's no contract on the table.

Until he gets an offer he has no choice but to act as if he's going back to BC.

Let's wait until he goes through Prospects Camp, sits down with management and his advisor and has a guaranteed ELC and a pen on the table.

A few months left in the summer, plenty of time to get stronger and work on deficiencies.
Kreider already answered the question earlier in the thread. i'd be more concerned that he doesn't go to prospect camp then anything else right now.

Perhaps, Kreider doesn't want to play for the Rangers and is comfortable enough playing out his 4 years at BC and becoming a free agent. It's not like it's something that impossible to happen.

He basically already has a guaranteed ELC contract on the table now. The Rangers have indicated they want to sign him and it isn't like an entry level contract has to be haggled over. Kreider can pretty much tell you right now how much money he is leaving on the table. (although I'm sure he has an insurance policy to cover his ass encase of a career ending injury)

It's to bad this is the route Kreider is choosing to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers dangle Kreider in a deal this summer. I hope I'm wrong but I'm curious as to what the frustration level is with Rangers Management and Kreider. I know nobody here can answer that question but I'd guess that if he doesn't sign (and I'd bet you a coffee he doesn't sign) this offseason the Rangers will use Kreider as a trade chip.

Frankly, I'd tell Kreider not to come to Prospect Camp if he has no intention of signing. I'd take a tough stand with the kid and trade him to move up in the draft for a young top line player prospect that wants to be an NHL player. I'd at least entertain offers for him because if you can get a comparable talent that is willing to play for the Rangers now it would be hard to pass up.

I don't fault Kreider though, this is his life not ours. He can do whatever he wants no matter how much we agree with or disagree with the decision.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:31 AM
  #278
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
It's to bad this is the route Kreider is choosing to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers dangle Kreider in a deal this summer. I hope I'm wrong but I'm curious as to what the frustration level is with Rangers Management and Kreider. I know nobody here can answer that question but I'd guess that if he doesn't sign (and I'd bet you a coffee he doesn't sign) this offseason the Rangers will use Kreider as a trade chip.

Frankly, I'd tell Kreider not to come to Prospect Camp if he has no intention of signing. I'd take a tough stand with the kid and trade him to move up in the draft for a young top line player prospect that wants to be an NHL player. I'd at least entertain offers for him because if you can get a comparable talent that is willing to play for the Rangers now it would be hard to pass up.
Can't help but feel this is a rush to judgement. He's only 20 years old and the Rangers are very high on him. Why would they look to trade him because he wanted to return for his Junior year at college? Would the Rangers have taken the same stance with Derek Stepan if he didn't' sign last summer and returned to Wisconsin for his junior year as he had originally intended to do? Plus I'm pretty sure in one of the quotes posted and attributed to Kreider, he said some phrase like "one more year" indicating he's not necessarily a lock to return for his senior year if he plays one more year.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:46 AM
  #279
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,207
vCash: 500
I seem to remember people saying similar things about McDonagh last year. Before anything was officially going on, people were saying that the fact he suggested that he might want to stay in Wisconsin showed bad character, that he didn't want to be part of the organization, etc. Where are all of those suggestions now?

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
  #280
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Kreider already answered the question earlier in the thread. i'd be more concerned that he doesn't go to prospect camp then anything else right now.

Perhaps, Kreider doesn't want to play for the Rangers and is comfortable enough playing out his 4 years at BC and becoming a free agent. It's not like it's something that impossible to happen.

He basically already has a guaranteed ELC contract on the table now. The Rangers have indicated they want to sign him and it isn't like an entry level contract has to be haggled over. Kreider can pretty much tell you right now how much money he is leaving on the table. (although I'm sure he has an insurance policy to cover his ass encase of a career ending injury)

It's to bad this is the route Kreider is choosing to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers dangle Kreider in a deal this summer. I hope I'm wrong but I'm curious as to what the frustration level is with Rangers Management and Kreider. I know nobody here can answer that question but I'd guess that if he doesn't sign (and I'd bet you a coffee he doesn't sign) this offseason the Rangers will use Kreider as a trade chip.

Frankly, I'd tell Kreider not to come to Prospect Camp if he has no intention of signing. I'd take a tough stand with the kid and trade him to move up in the draft for a young top line player prospect that wants to be an NHL player. I'd at least entertain offers for him because if you can get a comparable talent that is willing to play for the Rangers now it would be hard to pass up.

I don't fault Kreider though, this is his life not ours. He can do whatever he wants no matter how much we agree with or disagree with the decision.
I doubt they'd trade a promising player because he wants to go back to school while he's right on the line of being ready. Its not like he's dominated down there and he's just going back to avoid signing with the Rangers. He's probably ready but its not certain to the point where its a slap in the face or anything to go back down. He wants to be uber-confident when he makes the jump. Thats fine.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:56 AM
  #281
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I seem to remember people saying similar things about McDonagh last year. Before anything was officially going on, people were saying that the fact he suggested that he might want to stay in Wisconsin showed bad character, that he didn't want to be part of the organization, etc. Where are all of those suggestions now?
LOL yup. We had people that were 100% sure he didn't want to play for us and was going to refuse to sign.

People need to chill out.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:20 AM
  #282
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I seem to remember people saying similar things about McDonagh last year. Before anything was officially going on, people were saying that the fact he suggested that he might want to stay in Wisconsin showed bad character, that he didn't want to be part of the organization, etc. Where are all of those suggestions now?

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:28 AM
  #283
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can't help but feel this is a rush to judgement. He's only 20 years old and the Rangers are very high on him. Why would they look to trade him because he wanted to return for his Junior year at college? Would the Rangers have taken the same stance with Derek Stepan if he didn't' sign last summer and returned to Wisconsin for his junior year as he had originally intended to do? Plus I'm pretty sure in one of the quotes posted and attributed to Kreider, he said some phrase like "one more year" indicating he's not necessarily a lock to return for his senior year if he plays one more year.
I can't answer the Stepan question but I see where you are going with it and it isn't a bad point and to be honest I didn't take into consideration when I posted earlier.


I don't think this is a rush to judgement, I'm just really wondering "out loud" how frustrated the Rangers are with the kid. I'm sure you remember the Rangers unsuccesfully convincing Kredier to skip College and report to the Q. It just seems that Kreider beats to his own drummer, which is fine. I don't fault the kid for living his own life and making choices that he's comfortable with. I think in a lot of ways it's a credit to his character.

I just think that Kredier (who make no mistake about I really like and think will be a great pro) may end up in conversations in trade talks. I think it's possible he could end up being traded. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's likely but I can see it happening and I can see the Rangers doing it. I don't think it would be a "sell low" scenario trade, I think the Rangers would get max value for the kid (whatever that is) or I can see CK being used with other pieces in a trade for an immediate need player.

Really, we assume Richards is the main target but it's possible this is the summer the Rangers use some of the younger assests to trade for a legit 1st line forward.

Don't get me wrong, I see your point I don't think it's a lock for him to return to for his senior season. A real worry is if we have labor unrest after next season (I think we can both agree that's possible) and Kredier returns to BC for a Senior season because his advisors think he may benefit from a new CBA and what the effect on entry level contracts would be for Free Agents. Kredier also might not want to deal with reporting for the 2012-2013 season in Hartford if he has no chance of becoming a Rangers player because the Rangers are locked out.

Maybe, I'm wrong and I hope I am. I hope we read today Kredier has signed, I think he's ready but I'm not Chris Kredier. HIS opinion trumps everyone's when it comes to his future.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:32 AM
  #284
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,451
vCash: 500
kreider could come up in trade talks if the right player is available...but it won't be because he stays in school

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
  #285
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I can't answer the Stepan question but I see where you are going with it and it isn't a bad point and to be honest I didn't take into consideration when I posted earlier.


I don't think this is a rush to judgement, I'm just really wondering "out loud" how frustrated the Rangers are with the kid. I'm sure you remember the Rangers unsuccesfully convincing Kredier to skip College and report to the Q. It just seems that Kreider beats to his own drummer, which is fine. I don't fault the kid for living his own life and making choices that he's comfortable with. I think in a lot of ways it's a credit to his character.


I just think that Kredier (who make no mistake about I really like and think will be a great pro) may end up in conversations in trade talks. I think it's possible he could end up being traded. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's likely but I can see it happening and I can see the Rangers doing it. I don't think it would be a "sell low" scenario trade, I think the Rangers would get max value for the kid (whatever that is) or I can see CK being used with other pieces in a trade for an immediate need player.

Really, we assume Richards is the main target but it's possible this is the summer the Rangers use some of the younger assests to trade for a legit 1st line forward.

Don't get me wrong, I see your point I don't think it's a lock for him to return to for his senior season. A real worry is if we have labor unrest after next season (I think we can both agree that's possible) and Kredier returns to BC for a Senior season because his advisors think he may benefit from a new CBA and what the effect on entry level contracts would be for Free Agents. Kredier also might not want to deal with reporting for the 2012-2013 season in Hartford if he has no chance of becoming a Rangers player because the Rangers are locked out.

Maybe, I'm wrong and I hope I am. I hope we read today Kredier has signed, I think he's ready but I'm not Chris Kredier. HIS opinion trumps everyone's when it comes to his future.
lol @ at how you made Kreider's name french.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:36 AM
  #286
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I seem to remember people saying similar things about McDonagh last year. Before anything was officially going on, people were saying that the fact he suggested that he might want to stay in Wisconsin showed bad character, that he didn't want to be part of the organization, etc. Where are all of those suggestions now?
I hope your response wasn't directed at me. I haven't said anything about Kredier nearly as garbabe as to what was posted about McDonagh last year.

I defended McDonagh in that thread. Look it up if you feel the need to but basically one poster suggested it was because of a girl and a whole page of thread was devoted to the horrible game of internet telephone. I called each of those posters out about it.

My point about Kredier is this is his life but the Rangers may not want to wait for him. It's something to think about but I have no idea what Sather, Clarke, Torts, ETC are thinking about the kid.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 12:44 PM
  #287
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
If Chris Kreider - which all accounts seem to point at - has not received an offer from The NYR as of yet, then I guess he is going to appease his school and tell them he is going back there and hopes to be part of the future...blah blah blah at BC next year. What else can he say? I hope not to go back to college as I am expecting an offer I have not gotten yet...???? Fat chance.
If (and most likely when) that offer is put on the table, the Rangers brass tell him they believe he is ready to make the step into the world of professional hockey and he (again) politely refuses, then there may be a slight inclination that things are not all well as he has then apparently denied signing in New York for two consecutive seasons - when the club´s management feels he is ready. That might - and I do emphasize might - make the club feel that there may be better options with their assets and that he MIGHT be put into some trade discussions provided the right deal comes along. Pure asset management. But I seriously doubt all this will materialize.
I bet a cup of Brennivín that once he is back in the US - that CK is given an offer by the NYR and he signs with us now. Just like Stepan & McD last year. Call it hunch... There is a spot or two open as well...
Then again - there is nothing to say that he instead signs with us (with a great prospect camp...) and then is traded anyway for an over-the-hill trainwreck-of-a-mess - am I not right?
In Satherland - all is possible...


Last edited by BBKers: 05-12-2011 at 12:50 PM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 12:49 PM
  #288
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I hope your response wasn't directed at me. I haven't said anything about Kredier nearly as garbabe as to what was posted about McDonagh last year.

I defended McDonagh in that thread. Look it up if you feel the need to but basically one poster suggested it was because of a girl and a whole page of thread was devoted to the horrible game of internet telephone. I called each of those posters out about it.

My point about Kredier is this is his life but the Rangers may not want to wait for him. It's something to think about but I have no idea what Sather, Clarke, Torts, ETC are thinking about the kid.
Wasn't implying that what you said was anywhere near as bad as what went on with McDonagh. Just responding to the fact that I'm seeing people start to trend in that direction, which is concerning.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
  #289
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
kreider could come up in trade talks if the right player is available...but it won't be because he stays in school
Look at Carolina and JMFJ; he wouldn't leave Michigan and Carolina traded him to Kings for Tim Gleason. I think Kreider is ready for NHL but in the end its his decision. I would hope the NYR respect whatever he decides and Kreider stays in the organization.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:19 PM
  #290
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If he plays in Hartford for a year, none of his ELC will be burned off.
No, he will burn a year off his ELC.

Quote:
(d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC.
Kreider turned 20 on April 30th. If he were to sign an ELC and play in Hartford this year, he would use up 1 year of his ELC. Same situation as Dubinsky and Callahan. Artie and Grachev both slid a year because they entered the AHL at age 19.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:22 PM
  #291
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
It's been mentioned often in the media that Kreiders education is very important to him and his family. He's only 20 going back for his junior year, its not like he's a 23 year old senior.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:40 PM
  #292
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
Look at Carolina and JMFJ; he wouldn't leave Michigan and Carolina traded him to Kings for Tim Gleason. I think Kreider is ready for NHL but in the end its his decision. I would hope the NYR respect whatever he decides and Kreider stays in the organization.
Slightly different because Johnson was a high draft pick with big expectations and Carolina needed help right away and thought that Johnson could help them, and tried to rush things.

I don't think it's quite the same thing with Kreider.

And I doubt that if he stays in school it will piss the Rangers off too much..at least, not enough to trade him out of spite.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
  #293
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Slightly different because Johnson was a high draft pick with big expectations and Carolina needed help right away and thought that Johnson could help them, and tried to rush things.

I don't think it's quite the same thing with Kreider.

And I doubt that if he stays in school it will piss the Rangers off too much..at least, not enough to trade him out of spite.
Jim Rutherford likes to get his first round picks signed and in the line up right away. Gordie Clark wants them to excel at the level they are playing at before they move up. Thats why Jack Johnson got traded.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
  #294
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I can't answer the Stepan question but I see where you are going with it and it isn't a bad point and to be honest I didn't take into consideration when I posted earlier.

I don't think this is a rush to judgement, I'm just really wondering "out loud" how frustrated the Rangers are with the kid. I'm sure you remember the Rangers unsuccesfully convincing Kredier to skip College and report to the Q. It just seems that Kreider beats to his own drummer, which is fine. I don't fault the kid for living his own life and making choices that he's comfortable with. I think in a lot of ways it's a credit to his character.

I just think that Kredier (who make no mistake about I really like and think will be a great pro) may end up in conversations in trade talks. I think it's possible he could end up being traded. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's likely but I can see it happening and I can see the Rangers doing it. I don't think it would be a "sell low" scenario trade, I think the Rangers would get max value for the kid (whatever that is) or I can see CK being used with other pieces in a trade for an immediate need player.

Really, we assume Richards is the main target but it's possible this is the summer the Rangers use some of the younger assests to trade for a legit 1st line forward.

Don't get me wrong, I see your point I don't think it's a lock for him to return to for his senior season. A real worry is if we have labor unrest after next season (I think we can both agree that's possible) and Kredier returns to BC for a Senior season because his advisors think he may benefit from a new CBA and what the effect on entry level contracts would be for Free Agents. Kredier also might not want to deal with reporting for the 2012-2013 season in Hartford if he has no chance of becoming a Rangers player because the Rangers are locked out.

Maybe, I'm wrong and I hope I am. I hope we read today Kredier has signed, I think he's ready but I'm not Chris Kredier. HIS opinion trumps everyone's when it comes to his future.
While what you are suggesting is certainly not outside the realm of possibility, I'd argue that it's unlikely because aside from Christian Thomas, Chris Kreider is the only other Rangers forward prospect with a Top 6 potential/ceiling (as of right now). Sather spoke last summer about wanting to sign Kreider. I don't think that speaks to the Rangers getting upset or impatient with him this summer if it doesn't happen, I think it speaks to how highly they value Kreider as a prospect, which makes me inclined to believe they will be patient with him. It's my opinion that Carl Hagelin is the more developed prospect at this point and that Hagelin has the better shot at making the Rangers out of camp. So I don't really feel that Kreider playing at BS vs. Kreider playing for The Whale is going to be a deal breaker for the Rangers as far as whether or not they want to retain the player in question. If Kreider was dominat at the NCAA level and still refusing to turn Pro, I might have a slightly different opinion on the subject matter, but the fact that he's not, and says he didn't feel he was ready, gives me a different outlook, because you can certainly tell there's room for improvement, even at the NCAA level.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 04:53 PM
  #295
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
kreider could come up in trade talks if the right player is available...but it won't be because he stays in school
His name might come up in trade talks (from the other team), but there is a 0% chance he is going anywhere.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM
  #296
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
While what you are suggesting is certainly not outside the realm of possibility, I'd argue that it's unlikely because aside from Christian Thomas, Chris Kreider is the only other Rangers forward prospect with a Top 6 potential/ceiling (as of right now).
Fasth and Horak have ceilings as top-six forwards. Some would argue that Bourque and Yogan do as well.

Kreider and Thomas are definitely our only two prospects that have actual potential as true first line players though.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
  #297
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,793
vCash: 500
The Rangers organizational meetings start Monday in La Quinta,California. They will last for 6 days.

Mark Messier is in Slovakia for the WC. Have to figure Messier had a few conversations with Kreider.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
  #298
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Kreider already answered the question earlier in the thread. i'd be more concerned that he doesn't go to prospect camp then anything else right now.

Perhaps, Kreider doesn't want to play for the Rangers and is comfortable enough playing out his 4 years at BC and becoming a free agent. It's not like it's something that impossible to happen.

He basically already has a guaranteed ELC contract on the table now. The Rangers have indicated they want to sign him and it isn't like an entry level contract has to be haggled over. Kreider can pretty much tell you right now how much money he is leaving on the table. (although I'm sure he has an insurance policy to cover his ass encase of a career ending injury)

It's to bad this is the route Kreider is choosing to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers dangle Kreider in a deal this summer. I hope I'm wrong but I'm curious as to what the frustration level is with Rangers Management and Kreider. I know nobody here can answer that question but I'd guess that if he doesn't sign (and I'd bet you a coffee he doesn't sign) this offseason the Rangers will use Kreider as a trade chip.

Frankly, I'd tell Kreider not to come to Prospect Camp if he has no intention of signing. I'd take a tough stand with the kid and trade him to move up in the draft for a young top line player prospect that wants to be an NHL player. I'd at least entertain offers for him because if you can get a comparable talent that is willing to play for the Rangers now it would be hard to pass up.

I don't fault Kreider though, this is his life not ours. He can do whatever he wants no matter how much we agree with or disagree with the decision.
I think that's what many people were worried about with Hagelin. Especially when false rumors were spread that he wanted to play for Detroit.
Maybe Kreider, like Hagelin, is simply enjoying and savoring his stay at BC when he's at the age where he can fully take advantage of the entire experience and not just the hockey part of it.

His character (like some others might have questioned) certainly should not be in question. He's a 19-20 year old kid at a point in his life where he's doing what other 20 year old's who decide to go away to college or a university are doing. He's going into his Junior year. If he wasn't on par with where he should be in life, I would have many questions regarding his decision making as well as his desire to be a big part of this rangers organization for years.

His age and maturity level is in correspondence with where it should be as a person, even though his ability to play hockey is above and beyond.

As long as he's not taking a year or two off so he can hangout with his buddies and drink beer, the Rangers org, should acknowledge (I know, very grudgingly) the fact that in reality, there's nothing wrong with what Kreider is doing.

What you said in your last sentence is true and, the Rangers could be so frustrated, that they just want to deal him. If that's in the best interest of the organization is a whole other question.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
  #299
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I think that's what many people were worried about with Hagelin. Especially when false rumors were spread that he wanted to play for Detroit.
Just to set the record straight, the article about Hagelin said the Rangers didn't plan on signing him, and speculated that the Red Wings would be interested in signing him. It never alluded to the player not wanting to sign with the Rangers....

http://communities.canada.com/windso...-to-wings.aspx

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 09:24 PM
  #300
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
Look at Carolina and JMFJ; he wouldn't leave Michigan and Carolina traded him to Kings for Tim Gleason. I think Kreider is ready for NHL but in the end its his decision. I would hope the NYR respect whatever he decides and Kreider stays in the organization.
I might be wrong with my years but I think that was the year Carolina won the cup and they were serious contenders pretty much that entire season. They needed help on D, wanted Johnson to be the guy that provided that help, and he refused. Carolina did what they had to do as contenders, I think we're in a different position from them.

I hope the team takes a JVR approach. He probably should have stayed in school another year, but the Flyers have shown tons of patience with his career since that point and it looks like it is on the verge of paying huge dividends.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.