HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Semifinal Pre-Game Talk: Finland vs. Russia

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Finland 49 51.58%
Russia 46 48.42%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2011, 03:58 PM
  #26
ipel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNNe View Post
It's Russias tournament now after that Canada win. Only team I see that could challenge them is the Czechs. Repeat of last years final inc.
Actually Russia sucked today. If they don't improve they don't stand a change vs Finland.

ipel is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 03:59 PM
  #27
Mhs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Usualy I would hope for Finland beating Russia. But with the Norway-Finland game fresh in mind i hope for a solid Russsian win, 4 - 0

Mhs is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
  #28
Mara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipel View Post
Actually Russia sucked today. If they don't improve they don't stand a change vs Finland.
Ehm. It's chance. chanCe. Why do hockey fans get that wrong? Or is this just the same guy with a different name? I'll probably start pulling my hair out if I see that mistake one more time.

Mara is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:02 PM
  #29
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,932
vCash: 500
it will be a tough match against russia but we always have a chance so anything can happen, even if we lose im still pleased we're guranteed to finish either 3rd or 4th but obviously i want finland to win and get to final

vsk92 is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
  #30
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
I hate the "they'll win easy" or "they don't stand a chance" statements.

Both of these teams have a lot of talent. And they both can beat anybody.

It should be an even and close game imo.

MaxV is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
  #31
MaNNe
Registered User
 
MaNNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipel View Post
Actually Russia sucked today. If they don't improve they don't stand a change vs Finland.
lol, that's homerism taken to a whole new level. Russia didn't play their best, but they don't have to win team Finland, who have struggled against pretty much every team thus far. We ain't gonna win Russia twice that's just the cold heart truth.

MaNNe is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:05 PM
  #32
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I hate the "they'll win easy" or "they don't stand a chance" statements.

Both of these teams have a lot of talent. And they both can beat anybody.

It should be an even and close game imo.
X2. It's a coin toss.

thomast is online now  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:06 PM
  #33
Eidyia
Registered User
 
Eidyia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Will pull for Finland but pretty sure Russia has this one. True, Suomi beat them in the round robin but I think the Russians may have found their game now.
Meh, Finland is always in deep **** against "lesser teams".

It's the same in hockey and in soccer (In soccer we usually tie or win teams like Germany, Turkey, Portugal but at the same time we lose to Azerbaidjan, Armenia, Moldovia etc.)

So tomorrow we will be victorious!

Never föget ()

link in case it's not available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3yajhkWI6w

Eidyia is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  #34
llwyd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNNe View Post
lol, that's homerism taken to a whole new level. Russia didn't play their best, but they don't have to win team Finland, who have struggled against pretty much every team thus far. We ain't gonna win Russia twice that's just the cold heart truth.
You are thus elected for the most typical Finn in this thread! That's just silly over-pessism. Maybe you are counter-jinxing the match? Russia certainly didn't impress today and even if they play better tomorrow, as they surely will, we will have a realistic chance in a best of one match. (It's the final we always lose!)

llwyd is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
  #35
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidyia View Post
Meh, Finland is always in deep **** against "lesser teams".

It's the same in hockey and in soccer (In soccer we usually tie or win teams like Germany, Turkey, Portugal but at the same time we lose to Azerbaidjan, Armenia, Moldovia etc.)

So tomorrow we will be victorious!

Never föget ()

link in case it's not available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3yajhkWI6w
at least we beat san marino 8-0 in football

vsk92 is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
  #36
Tuomaz
Registered User
 
Tuomaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
So who is going to be playing against Finland in the final?

Tuomaz is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM
  #37
Eidyia
Registered User
 
Eidyia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleKarppa View Post
at least we beat san marino 8-0 in football
No need to be condescending againt our footy team. There's so much competition in football.

Anyway this is about hockey and we'll kick the **** out the Russians who had given us too many beatings in both sports recently.

Eidyia is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
  #38
Madude
Registered User
 
Madude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
WC is over start EHT

Madude is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
  #39
Paxton Fettel
Registered User
 
Paxton Fettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
objectively, this year's Russian team is much worse than the ones we saw from 2007 to 2010. it's not the players, it's how they play on the ice. they seem so unorgansied out there. line combinations are awful too.

Paxton Fettel is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
  #40
Hybbe
Registered User
 
Hybbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 500
Sisu, perkele!

Finland wins this one 3-1 after an empty netter.

Hybbe is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:18 PM
  #41
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidyia View Post
No need to be condescending againt our footy team. There's so much competition in football.

Anyway this is about hockey and we'll kick the **** out the Russians who had given us too many beatings in both sports recently.
i hope so or I will get some stick from a few russian friends

vsk92 is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:20 PM
  #42
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ivösjön
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
Hello finland

Dosing is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:24 PM
  #43
ipel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNNe View Post
lol, that's homerism taken to a whole new level. Russia didn't play their best, but they don't have to win team Finland, who have struggled against pretty much every team thus far. We ain't gonna win Russia twice that's just the cold heart truth.
Struggled? Huh, i hope you are kidding with this statement.


Sure Finland has struggled if you only watch the result.

Finland has been better in every aspect of the game than their optonents so far. They've created much more scoring places than their optonents for example. Just the fact that Finland doesnt have many natural scorers have kept the game so "equal".

Russia havent been good in this tournament and they cant change that in one night. Though they got so much personal skills in their team that all they need is just few good scoring places.


But if Vehanen plays great game and other guys keep on playing like they've played so far Finland will win.

ipel is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:24 PM
  #44
Pentothal
Listen with one ear
 
Pentothal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: It's not even close
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Hoping for an unlikely Sweden - Finland final.

So good luck Finland.

Pentothal is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
  #45
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Ehm. It's chance. chanCe. Why do hockey fans get that wrong? Or is this just the same guy with a different name? I'll probably start pulling my hair out if I see that mistake one more time.
There might be a change that it's the same guy chancing his name but changes are that he has writing difficulties and he can't chance it and... Ok, I'll stop .

JabbaJabba is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
  #46
Mara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipel View Post
Struggled? Huh, i hope you are kidding with this statement.


Sure Finland has struggled if you only watch the result.

Finland has been better in every aspect of the game than their optonents so far. They've created much more scoring places than their optonents for example. Just the fact that Finland doesnt have many natural scorers have kept the game so "equal".

Russia havent been good in this tournament and they cant change that in one night. Though they got so much personal skills in their team that all they need is just few good scoring places.


But if Vehanen plays great game and other guys keep on playing like they've played so far Finland will win.
Finland didn't outplay Russia in the last game, it was a really close one and without Lassila we would've most likely lost. Once again our fate is in the hands of our goalie, since our D can't stop Russia creating a crapload of good scoring chances.

Mara is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
  #47
Tuomaz
Registered User
 
Tuomaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Finland didn't outplay Russia in the last game, it was a really close one and without Lassila we would've most likely lost. Once again our fate is in the hands of our goalie, since our D can't stop Russia creating a crapload of good scoring chances.
not really

Tuomaz is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
  #48
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Finland have a real chance in this one.

cheerupmurray is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:43 PM
  #49
Eidyia
Registered User
 
Eidyia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Finland have a real chance in this one.
Granlund-Immonen will carry us in to the finals. Czechs or Swedes will be too tough to beat though.

Russia is nothing.

Eidyia is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 04:45 PM
  #50
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,964
vCash: 500
I hope Russia wins now so Kulemin can have a Gold Medal.

Grabovski is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.