HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers/Flyers Winter Classic

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2011, 06:15 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
You lost me there. Maybe if soccer didn't have so many drama queens and baseball didn't have 255 games in a season that I wouldn't disagree with you.
lol

I'm a baseball fan and I agree there's too many games.

Old
05-12-2011, 06:16 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I feel like he's been pretty composed on camera for interviews... I'd be more inclined to believe you'd see antics from the Biron/Boyle types. Anisimov has the potential to be hilarious based on some of the comments the beat writers have communicated that have come from him.
I dunno, I feel like he's pretty out spoken. Talks smack about Crosby to beat writers and always speaks his mind. You don't really tend to get the "typical sports response" from him.

I definitely would expect Biron, Boyle, and Anisimov to be really hilarious as well

Old
05-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
it is a college football event. the yankee bowl or something which isnt even a new years day bowl so its essentially a meaningless bowl.
Correct, it's an absolute joke of a bowl. It's like the 4th place Big East team vs the 5th place of I forgot the conference maybe ACC or Big 12. Basically it's there so schools like Rutgers can pump their chests and say we're playing a bowl game at Yankee Stadium when in reality it's a meaningless bowl game.

Old
05-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Correct, it's an absolute joke of a bowl. It's like the 4th place Big East team vs the 5th place of I forgot the conference maybe ACC or Big 12. Basically it's there so schools like Rutgers can pump their chests and say we're playing a bowl game at Yankee Stadium when in reality it's a meaningless bowl game.
Yeah last year it was absolutely brutal: 'Cuse vs. K-State. And I believe they're in an agreement to do the "Pinstripe Bowl" through like 2015 or something so basically no winter classic will be happening at Yankee Stadium. I think Citi or Giants Stadium would be awesome.

Old
05-12-2011, 07:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Only way Yankee Stadium could host is if the NHL agreed to move the date of the Classic, which they won't do. They have a much larger TV audience during the currently scheduled weekend than they would a week or two later.

The Meadowlands isn't an attractive option because, well, it's in Jersey. Not nearly as interesting saying, "Live from New Jersey!" as it is to say, "Live from Philadelphia!"

And then it seems that for whatever reason, the NHL has no interest in using Citi Field as a venue. I personally think that Citi is a more attractive venue than anything related to Philthadelpia, but I'm biased.

It's just pain.
Old
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
savebyrichter35

Have there been any rumors about if this game will be moved to Jan 2nd? Since New Years Day is a Sunday the winter classic would be competing with the NFL, not sure the NHL wants that.

EDIT: There's an article from CSN Philly saying the game would be Jan. 2nd

Last edited by savebyrichter35: 05-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old
05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Schweiker17

my dad told me that the one place i cant wear a rangers jersey is the city of philly lol

Old
05-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweiker17 View Post
my dad told me that the one place i cant wear a rangers jersey is the city of philly lol
I don't think there would be much of a problem since there will be a **** load of Ranger fans there. If it was a regular game, hell no I would never wear a Ranger jersey there. Those people are crazy. There's a reason it's called Philthadelphia.

It's also funny how Yankee Stadium didn't sell out for the Pinstripe Bowl. They will most definitely sell out if the Winter Classic was held there.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
05-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

nice! hopefully this is true, i wonder what jersey we would get.. Maybe a liberty one?? Or the Winnipeg jets type of jersey we had in the 70's if I'm correct..

Old
05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2860
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
nice! hopefully this is true, i wonder what jersey we would get.. Maybe a liberty one?? Or the Winnipeg jets type of jersey we had in the 70's if I'm correct..
Yea I'm thinking a Liberty jersey. No one like those 70's jerseys. At least the Liberty jerseys has a pretty large amount of people who liked them; but they also have more people who hate them. But no where near the amount as those 70's jerseys.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Yeah last year it was absolutely brutal: 'Cuse vs. K-State. And I believe they're in an agreement to do the "Pinstripe Bowl" through like 2015 or something so basically no winter classic will be happening at Yankee Stadium. I think Citi or Giants Stadium would be awesome.
ot: that was one of the best bowl games of the bowl season which unfortunately a ref would up deciding due to causing a 17 yard 2-point conversion for the tie

Old
05-12-2011, 09:09 PM
skymachine

I see no prob with having it in Philly, you guys sound way too entitled. Just be happy u can go to a Rangers WC game, thats what, a whole 2 hours away (!!) from NYC. I know I'll be there.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:17 PM
skymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I don't think there would be much of a problem since there will be a **** load of Ranger fans there. If it was a regular game, hell no I would never wear a Ranger jersey there. Those people are crazy. There's a reason it's called Philthadelphia.

It's also funny how Yankee Stadium didn't sell out for the Pinstripe Bowl. They will most definitely sell out if the Winter Classic was held there.
I've been to 2 Ranger games in Philly and wore my Rangers jersey...got some jeers but nothing serious. ****, I wore my Jets green to 2 games at the Oakland Coliseum and survived...that was light years worse.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I have worn a Rangers jersey there a few times, not even during game days. People will yell **** at you across the street and treat you with hostility in stores. I'm 5'9", fairly well built, but far from intimidating, and yet no one has ever threatened me with physical violence. Just a lot of yapping.

Still, they have a well-earned reputation. And everyone nowadays is insane. Look at what happened at that Dodgers/Giants game earlier this season...we're talking supposedly laid-back Californians, and the one guy that got beat is now severely brain damaged. You just never know.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:21 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I have worn a Rangers jersey there a few times, not even during game days. People will yell **** at you across the street and treat you with hostility in stores. I'm 5'9", fairly well built, but far from intimidating, and yet no one has ever threatened me with physical violence. Just a lot of yapping.

Still, they have a well-earned reputation. And everyone nowadays is insane. Look at what happened at that Dodgers/Giants game earlier this season...we're talking supposedly laid-back Californians, and the one guy that got beat is now severely brain damaged. You just never know.
Yea usually it's just a lot of yapping.

I have been to a couple of Phillies-Mets games with my job and sitting in the upper deck you can see a lot of trash talking.

But once you have impaired judgement with alcohol involved you never know what to expect (which I am fairly sure was the main cause of a fight actually occurring at the Dodgers-Giants game).

Philadelphia fans just like to talk. They hardly ever back it up with physical violence.

05-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Schweiker17

Quote:

Yea im 6'2 230lbs, and my dad still thinks that it would be a bad idea haha, but this game is making me happy, because im going to be a freshman at TCNJ in the fall, so with having all the philly fans down there, it should be fun haha

Old
05-12-2011, 09:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I actually enjoy the yapping that accompanies wearing Rangers gear in Philthy. Most places, no one would even acknowledge the sweater you are wearing--or even know who/what the Rangers are.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
That's just disgusting. Hate the guy, but not to the point where you'll destroy his life and your own life. Pathetic.

Talk ****. If you got the urge to kick the **** out of the guy because he's for another team, get a grip. That's a time when you can truly say "It's just a game."

This world's a joke.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:27 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Yea im 6'2 230lbs, and my dad still thinks that it would be a bad idea haha, but this game is making me happy, because im going to be a freshman at TCNJ in the fall, so with having all the philly fans down there, it should be fun haha
Well, look. If you're good-natured, and don't take the ****-talking personally, you probably won't have an issue. If you get defensive/aggressive with other people, it could be a problem. I mean we've all been to the Garden and seen Isles fans or Devils fans sporting their gear, and as long as they're not being obnoxious or confrontational, there's no fighting or anything. It's just the people with bad attitudes that end up doing or saying stupid things.

And Rebecca is right...alcohol plays a major part.

(How much fun is it to refer to him simply as Rebecca? )

Old
05-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Still hoping it's Rangers/Red Wings at UM.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Graduating from there tomorrow.

There are a hell of a lot of Philly fans down their, but it's good because most of them are pretty chill.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
That's just disgusting. Hate the guy, but not to the point where you'll destroy his life and your own life. Pathetic.

Talk ****. If you got the urge to kick the **** out of the guy because he's for another team, get a grip. That's a time when you can truly say "It's just a game."

This world's a joke.
Yep. Ruined his life, and his wife and kids' lives as well. It's just the most despicable behavior out there, and makes you hate what humans are capable of.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Well, look. If you're good-natured, and don't take the ****-talking personally, you probably won't have an issue. If you get defensive/aggressive with other people, it could be a problem. I mean we've all been to the Garden and seen Isles fans or Devils fans sporting their gear, and as long as they're not being obnoxious or confrontational, there's no fighting or anything. It's just the people with bad attitudes that end up doing or saying stupid things.

And Rebecca is right...alcohol plays a major part.

(How much fun is it to refer to him simply as Rebecca? )
Not much fun at all.

I swear if this name sticks there will be hell to pay

Old
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Last years game was excellent. Maybe the best out of all the bowls. I find it ridiculous that they couldn't move it up a few days to fit in the Classic, though.

Old
05-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Schweiker17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Graduating from there tomorrow.

There are a hell of a lot of Philly fans down their, but it's good because most of them are pretty chill.
im actually going there just to walk around and check it out again tomorrow, gotta buy a sweathshirt too, im sick of a pen being my only TCNJ apparel lol

Closed Thread